Tringreen
mouldyoldgoat
Cornish Chris
Josh Pope
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

New Away Kit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:27 pm

steveinspain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Anti climax that little howler - violet all over is a bit gay!!

And where the feck are you going to find a matching handbag flower cheers

Reckon I could find a nice contrasting maroon number if I was so inclined - not sure it will fit with the cherry red docs!! Hahahahahah!!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:18 pm

Is it april fools or what. The new away kit is total shite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Capt: W.Spasm wrote:
Online GreenArmy1984
Post subject: Re: New Away KitPostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:22 pm
Sponsor

Don't know what the fuss is all about

Lovely Smart Away Kit - Bright & Beautiful

Well Done Argyle

Royal Lilac ( Purple ) :thumbs:

always one isnt there
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 9:48 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
Is it april fools or what. The new away kit is total shite.

Ditto! Purple? WTF?
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 7:45 am

My fence is that colour
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 2:14 pm

green438 wrote:
All green home kit with white trim & reverse it for the away kit.
Make it a little bit retro and they would sell a fair few IMO.

Gets the prize for the most sensible comment on the internet this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 2:29 pm

no stripes and it will sell more. Wh we have them now when they are not historically our kit choice is a joke
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Without the orange logo in the middle of it, that shirt might not look too bad as a training shirt.As an alternative away shirt it is awful. I wouldn't dream of spending money on that. Apart from the fact purple ( along with tangerine, grey, light blue and yellow ) have absolutely nothing to do with Argyle what so ever. What makes it even worse is there is no attempt to incorporate green into the design what so ever.

In Italy a couple of years ago, it was very noticeable that the fashion in colours in both men and women's clothes at that time included dark green and lilac. Some of it didn't look bad either. So green and lilac can be incorporated together but I expect that would need some imagination and probably cost far to much. Much easier to palm us off with something that has nothing to do with PAFC.

Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:29 pm

Will they be supplying a pretty little matching lace hanky to go with their lilac shirts.

I would have thought under floodlights, lilac would clash with light blue,white and other light shades, the home strip wouldn't clash with hardly anyone else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Without the orange logo in the middle of it, that shirt might not look too bad as a training shirt.As an alternative away shirt it is awful. I wouldn't dream of spending money on that. Apart from the fact purple ( along with tangerine, grey, light blue and yellow ) have absolutely nothing to do with Argyle what so ever. What makes it even worse is there is no attempt to incorporate green into the design what so ever.

In Italy a couple of years ago, it was very noticeable that the fashion in colours in both men and women's clothes at that time included dark green and lilac. Some of it didn't look bad either. So green and lilac can be incorporated together but I expect that would need some imagination and probably cost far to much. Much easier to palm us off with something that has nothing to do with PAFC.

its an away kit its doesnt have to have anything to do with argyle in terms of colours used. We are not going to have a white away shirt every season if only for erchandise reasons alone.
Home colours green and white are the ones that shouldnt ever be changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Online GreenArmy1984
Sponsor

Well Done Argyle

Royal Lilac ( Purple )  :thumbs:

always one isnt there

Sure is. And it's usually him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Angry wrote:
Online GreenArmy1984
Sponsor

Well Done Argyle

Royal Lilac ( Purple )  :thumbs:

always one isnt there

Sure is. And it's usually him.

he is literally the only one that does that i know off.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

its an away kit its doesnt have to have anything to do with argyle in terms of colours used. We are not going to have a white away shirt every season if only for erchandise reasons alone.

Sorry Angry,

got to totally disagree with that. The modern trend of playing away matches in any goddamn colour except the clubs traditional colours is just an excuse to rip off fans. Fans who will buy anything because it has something to do with the club is purely a cynical attempt to get fans to part with their money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 11:47 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Sorry Angry,

got to totally disagree with that. The modern trend of playing away matches in any goddamn colour except the clubs traditional colours is just an excuse to rip off fans. Fans who will buy anything because it has something to do with the club is purely a cynical attempt to get fans to part with their money.

no club plays in traditional colours for away kit as that's the whole point of away kits to be different from the home and as i say no fan will keep on buying white away tops every season hence why they change colours, to make that money.

What rips fans off at the end of the day is changing both the home and the away kit every season and charging £50 a pop every time when there is either no real need to do it, the new kit doesnt look that different from its predecessor at all, or there is an desire motivated by sales to change either kit to warrant changing both.

Its only recently clubs have gotten away with changing both every year instead of one evey year thanks to the EU.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 am

Well they won't be ripping me off because I won't be buying any of them. I've never bought a shirt that wasn't green. I haven't bought any of the recent shirts because the designs have been cr@p and the green is now darker than ever..................and I sure as hell wouldn't buy that scarf either.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:33 am

Richard Blight wrote:
Well they won't be ripping me off because I won't be buying any of them. I've never bought a shirt that wasn't green. I haven't bought any of the recent shirts because the designs have been cr@p and the green is now darker than ever..................and I sure as hell wouldn't buy that scarf either.

I would be amazed if that many if any do buy that purple kit or that scarf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 9:53 am

Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Sorry Angry,

no club plays in traditional colours for away kit as that's the whole point of away kits to be different from the home and as i say no fan will keep on buying white away tops every season hence why they change colours, to make that money.

What rips fans off at the end of the day is changing both the home and the away kit every season and charging £50 a pop every time when there is either no real need to do it, the new kit doesnt look that different from its predecessor at all, or there is an desire motivated by sales to change either kit to warrant changing both.

Its only recently clubs have gotten away with changing both every year instead of one evey year thanks to the EU.  

Why can't we just have a plain green shirt with white trimming for home and a plain white shirt with green trim for away?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 10:03 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Sorry Angry,

Why can't we just have a plain green shirt with white trimming for home and a plain white shirt with green trim for away?

because its not the 60's anymore and the club has to make money
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:38 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Sorry Angry,

I should ignore daft straw man arguments like that, but tell me how does releasing a shirt in a horrible colour that no one other than Wankspasm wants to buy help the club make money
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 11:54 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:
Angry wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

Sorry Angry,

I should ignore daft straw man arguments like that, but tell me how does releasing a shirt in a horrible colour that no one other than Wankspasm wants to buy help the club make money

because if you keep having the same kits every year folk will just keep the old one and wouldnt buy the new one because their would be no point. Thats why they do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Nobody suggested not changing the shirt design, just not the colours. W're supposed to play in Green
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Nobody suggested not changing the shirt design, just not the colours. W're supposed to play in Green

and we still do and that wont change ever for the home kit. As for the away kit that is free for all. I gurantee this time next year due to the very poor sales of the purple kit they will either pick an old favourite with fans white or yellow to try and recover losses on it.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

and we still do and that wont change ever for the home kit. As for the away kit that is free for all. I gurantee this time next year due to the very poor sales of the purple kit they will either pick an old favourite with fans white or yellow to try and recover losses on it.

So you're saying that the club do this to make money but that if this kit fails to do that then they'll go back to white or yellow?

Why not therefore stick to white and/or yellow and merely change the design and layout of the same popular colours?

I would imagine that Argyle have to guarantee purchasing a certain level of stock from the manufacturer on a no return basis to make it worth their while. We must be the only club in the football league that can sell a £5 product for £40 and still make a loss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:30 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

So you're saying that the club do this to make money but that if this kit fails to do that then they'll go back to white or yellow?

Why not therefore stick to white and/or yellow and merely change the design and layout of the same popular colours?

I would imagine that Argyle have to guarantee purchasing a certain level of stock from the manufacturer on a no return basis to make it worth their while. We must be the only club in the football league that can sell a £5 product for £40 and still make a loss.

its like i say if the keep bringing out the same kit people wouldnt buy it as much as if it was completely new. I say they will revert back to an old favourite next season like white or yellow because this purple kit wont sell that many due to it being gopping in taste and decency. I dread to think of the poor sods who go to Luton next season and have to watch us play them in bright purple and they bright orange.

We the football fans are seen as customers to clubs now.
The yellow kit of last season which i wouldnt bet against them still using next season as its now our 3rd kit wasnt that great but if i was incahrge of merchandise at the club i would have pushed to keep that one over this new one.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Angry wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

its like i say if the keep bringing out the same kit people wouldnt buy it as much as if it was completely new. I say they will revert back to an old favourite next season like white or yellow because this purple kit wont sell that many due to it being gopping in taste and decency. I dread to think of the poor sods who go to Luton next season and have to watch us play them in bright purple and they bright orange.

We the football fans are seen as customers to clubs now.
The yellow kit of last season which i wouldnt bet against them still using next season as its now our 3rd kit wasnt that great but if i was incahrge of merchandise at the club i would have pushed to keep that one over this new one.

Just as well we don't have to play Burton any more. It'd be like watching UKIP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Away Kit   New Away Kit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Away Kit
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: