Elias
Rickler
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

"No further Comment" Empty
PostSubject: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 7:13 am

“The search for a new manager to take Argyle into the eagerly-anticipated 2015-16 season has already begun.

“The club will be making no further comment on that process until an appointment is made.”

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Really..?

Just how pathetic is that statement?

What are they hiding from - reality?

The club - meaning Brent - should be out shouting from the rooftops the vision for PAFC, and the style of football and type of Manager that is being looked for to take Argyle to that place! Isn't that his responsibility and duty as Chairman?

Instead we have a 'bunker' mentality.

Argyle never ever seem to learn.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:45 am

Bizarre statement.
Clubs in ruins
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:04 am

I, for one, am delighted to be spared the endless deluge of comment we have so far had to endure.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:25 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I, for one, am delighted to be spared the endless deluge of comment we have so far had to endure.

Says the person responsible for 50% of the drivel posted on this thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:37 am

Whoosh.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:38 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Says the person responsible for 50% of the drivel posted on this thread

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:42 am

I didn't contribute any drivel to that thread. Mine were all reasoned contributions in which I engaged with the points others were making. The drivel came almost exclusively from my right.

And it's obviously a whoosh whoosh.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm

You can take the boy out of whoosh.....................

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I didn't contribute any drivel to that thread. Mine were all reasoned contributions in which I engaged with the points others were making. The drivel came almost exclusively from my right.

Yeah but ,gordon brown spent all the money, all of it
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 2:38 pm

"
Herald Sport contacted Holloway, who bluntly said that there was no correspondence between himself and the club.

“To be honest you are wasting your time,” said Holloway."

conspiracy theories say have certain people with certain connections been having the ear already, especially if the club are not even contacted him to sound him out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 2:56 pm

argyl3 wrote:

"
Herald Sport contacted Holloway, who bluntly said that there was no correspondence between himself and the club.

“To be honest you are wasting your time,” said Holloway."

conspiracy theories say have certain people with certain connections been having the ear already, especially if the club are not even contacted him to sound him out.

they have a guy in mind already from what i have been told.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Whoosh.

Nah, don't think so but I'll live with it if it was, I only said what needed saying.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:12 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Modest as ever, I don't suppose the preposterous thought that others were only responding to your drivel ever entered your magnificent mind?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 4:26 pm

Iggy leaves and now Shezza, did anyone ever see them in the same room together?

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 6:40 pm

Don't let hatred of all things Brent cloud your judgement, seems like a perfectly normal statement to make in these circumstances
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Modest as ever, I don't suppose the preposterous thought that others were only responding to your drivel ever entered your magnificent mind?

Modesty is my greatest fault.

We all have to have one I suppose.

But you're right, of course, it was too preposterous a thought for serious consideration.

And it's still a whoosh whoosh. You just haven't sussed it yet.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:49 pm

How could you be anything other than modest SFD.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 8:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You'll have to be more specific, cuz that's pretty much everybody Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That's a matter of opinion of course
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:38 pm

Graiser wrote:
Don't let hatred of all things Brent cloud your judgement, seems like a perfectly normal statement to make in these circumstances
Absolutely. Let them do their job without any fuss or distraction. My famous ''watch teams'' are set to start tomorrow manning strategic bridges and roundabouts as well as stations etc. They will report back if they see, hear or smell anything suspicious.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:51 pm

I don't think it's a perfectly normal response at all. I think it reeks of paranoia and no self confidence.

Isn't Brent's job to outline and plan the strategy for the club. Why can't he tell the fans what that is, and what sort of manager they will be looking for to implement the great master plan?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptySat May 30, 2015 12:08 am

Rickler wrote:
I don't think it's a perfectly normal response at all.  I think it reeks of paranoia and no self confidence.

Isn't Brent's job to outline and plan the strategy for the club.  Why can't he tell the fans what that is, and what sort of manager they will be looking for to implement the great master plan?

That's a very fair point but it is only possible to communicate a vision for the club if there is one.

And that goes to the very heart of it all. Do we want somebody just to run the 1st XI or do we want somebody to build a lasting structure and commit entirely to an ethos/style that stretches into every corner of the fabric of the entire club?

Either approach would be valid, even if not equally attractive, and it wouldn't hurt at all to let us as fans in on the thinking - assuming that there is some.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptySat May 30, 2015 12:39 am

Perzactly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:18 am

Lot of hysterical nonsense on here, if the clubs considering someone already employed it's perfectly normal to keep your cards close, calm down a bit you lot
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" EmptySat May 30, 2015 10:01 am

But they didn't have to make that comment. They could have said something like "when we have some news the fans will be the first to know" something to make the fans feel part of it, not put them down as if they are not important. After all the fans will be paying his wages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "No further Comment"   "No further Comment" Empty

Back to top Go down

"No further Comment"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next