HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gethin Jones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Gethin Jones Empty
PostSubject: Gethin Jones   Gethin Jones EmptyMon May 04, 2015 6:36 pm

GETHIN Jones will remain at Home Park until the conclusion of the Pilgrims’ play-off campaign.
The 19-year-old Welsh Under-21 international has extended his loan from Premier League Everton for the duration of Argyle’s post-season involvement.

Gethin has played six times for us since arriving from Goodison Park over Easter.

He joins Argyle’s other loan players – Charlton Athletic pair Zak Ansah and Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, and Bristol City’s Bobby Reid – in being available for our play-off matches

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Gethin Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gethin Jones   Gethin Jones EmptyMon May 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Looked stunning in central midfield. Very classy there. Wouldn't start him but nailed on sub to bring on with half an hour to go, honestly he looked very exciting in there vs Shrewsbury. Him and Bobby Reid ended up having too much for Ryan Woods.. Incidentally one of the best players in the division.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

Gethin Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gethin Jones   Gethin Jones EmptyTue May 05, 2015 8:23 am

That's encouraging to hear Josh. I didn't particularly like him at RWB and much prefer Mellor there. When Sheridan was defending Bobby Reid's poor form, he said he liked the fact that he never went hiding and was always trying to make something happen. I feel the same can be said of Mellor, and now we're starting to see him come back into form. He can be a clumsy git on the ball at times, but he's always trying to get forward and either put a ball into the box or get himself in there. Jones for me (who admittedly I've only seen two or three times at RWB) was far too cautious, positioning himself very deep.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Gethin Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gethin Jones   Gethin Jones EmptyWed May 06, 2015 12:02 am

Paven wrote:
Looked stunning in central midfield. Very classy there. Wouldn't start him but nailed on sub to bring on with half an hour to go, honestly he looked very exciting in there vs Shrewsbury. Him and Bobby Reid ended up having too much for Ryan Woods.. Incidentally one of the best players in the division.

I did presume he played in the middle when he replaced Blizzard but also heard he was more on the left? Sounds like he could just be the 'surprise' who could make a huge impact over the next 3 games. I can't think of that other loanee (his name) who got recalled after a couple of decent games in the middle, let's hope this lad can step up and do likewise.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Gethin Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gethin Jones   Gethin Jones EmptyWed May 06, 2015 9:07 am

Drew Talbot?

Yeah, Bobby was roaming and Jones took the place of Blizzard. Coupled with an in form THD they looked very dangerous.

Jones' first work was to roulette away from two players and have a shot saved at the near post. Was a great little move and though I wouldn't start him, bringing him on seems like a viable option now.

Harvey and Norburn both very good as well I thought.

The lad Ryan Woods (who is quality) got completely overrun on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gethin Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gethin Jones   Gethin Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Gethin Jones
Page 1 of 1