The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reid Makes PFA TotY

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

Reid Makes PFA TotY Empty
PostSubject: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 4:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fair play.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:15 pm

They're all fair enough picks I guess, except McNulty. Anyone of our back 3 could justify that place ahead of him, he's absolute shite. He's the old school big bully man centre back, but he's been found out on too many occasions this season - I suspect his inclusion is only based off Luton fan's throwing a strop if they didn't have any players included. Reuben to be fair hasn't been the greatest (down to lack of supply and injury) since the turn of the year and it wouldn't have been an injustice for Cureton to get the nod ahead of him in that team. Cureton has banged in an equal amount of goals in a significantly cheaper and worse Dagenham and Redbridge side and is still looking as fit and sharp as ever at 39.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 8:46 pm

It's the PFA team. Voted for by professionals in the same division. Luton fans have no say in it whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Fair enough, do you not think its an odd choice though SFD? I mean, he's proper shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 9:53 pm

He is slow but possesses decent technical ability for a CB, let alone one so clearly overweight.

Very strange a defence of Argyle's quality didn't get a representative among the goalkeeper and defence though. Nelson, Hartley and McHugh always seem to me to stand out above opposition defenders. The opposition players clearly don't agree!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Strange. No Luke McC? As for McNulty? WTF! As you say though its the players voting.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Bentley >>>>>> McCormick.

McNulty in there above one of our 3 is literally the only debatable one for me.

Still, it's all conjecture.. I mean, we're in the play-offs and Luton aren't, so who really cares! Wink
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:18 am

A Luton supporting mate reckons McNulty has been the DBs for them over the past 2 seasons and their collapse this season coincided with his absence through injury along with a couple of their other better players. He sees him week in week out and us once or twice a season. Conversely we see McCormick regularly and probably look at him through slightly green tinted spectacles having memories of him playing in the CCC a number of years ago. Obviously he is a very good keeper for this division but the boy from Southend is a 6 foot 4 inch top young prospect being watched by several bigger clubs. The young keeper at Shrewsbury is another great prospect and I am sure their fans by and large think their own keeper is the best in the division. It's hard to argue with the Shrewsbury centre back getting a place as well. He has already turned down offers from clubs in the top division as he feels he can progress better playing at the moment rather than bench warming or playing reserve football. Nelson can consider himself a shade unlucky though and must have been close. McHugh's problem is he had a very shaky start to the season as a left back, often being exploited by opposition teams and as most votes are in by early January this would have cost him dearly. This worked in Rueben's favour as his best form came in the first half of the season before injury restricted him somewhat. It is interesting also to see Joe Bryan gain a place in the League 1 team as a wing back with Bristol City.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reid Makes PFA TotY   Reid Makes PFA TotY Empty

Back to top Go down

Reid Makes PFA TotY
Page 1 of 1