Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.

Go down 
+25
Rickler
swampy
Les Miserable
Tgwu
Tringreen
Freathy
Lord Tisdale
SwimWithTheTide
AstiSpumante
Greenskin
PatDunne
Hitch
X Isle
pilgrimfather
Charlie Wood
Rollo Tomasi
Czarcasm
david_fisher
Sir Francis Drake
tigertony
pepsipete
Josh Pope
Elias
sufferedsince 68
VillageGreen
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 pm

ejh wrote:
I will be pleasantly surprised if we score 5 goals in the run in, let alone 5 wins.

3 utterly garbage performances in three games where we were the bookies favourites!

2 goals in 6 matches, 0 in the last three. A paltry six shots on target in nearly 5 hours of football.

Only real idiots continue this charade of blaming Brent and not the dour miserable manager who is holding the team back.

News to me that because a bookmaker makes a team favourites to win a football match, it automatically follows that they do so. Were Manchester City favourites to beat Burnley the other day, Leeds to beat Blackpool on Saturday, Oxford to beat Hartlepool etc, etc? Probably. Didn't work out that way though.

I'm not going to go over old ground yet again about the obvious weakness in the composition of Argyle's team/squad, which has been pointed out since day 1 and before-truthfully it's now reached the point of exasperation. I will just say though that you may be on very dangerous ground in labelling as "real idiots" people who have seen the inadequacies of the Argyle boardroom hold the club back from what many of us think should have been achieved over the years and who have a cultivated suspicion, rightly or wrongly, of the capabilities of the current owner. It may well be wise to see what transpires if Sheridan does get the push and revisit the subject in, for arguments sake, 12 months time to see if much has changed. What odds do you think the bookies would give on any significant differences?

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 9:42 pm

Luton 2 Wycombe 3 FT Great result for us !! jocolor :greenrave:
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:09 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Luton 2  Wycombe 3  FT    Great result for us !!   jocolor   :greenrave:
Just spotted that on i'net. Good good. Still 3 teams from 7 or 8 but we have a good GD. Every game is huge now
This weekend we have:
Bury vs Saffend (Bury win best)
Northampton vs Luton (Northampton have to win really and thats prob best for us)
Burton vs Stevenage (Monday) (Defo want Burton to win)

... of course .. we must go for 3 points. :greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:23 pm

The Cheltenham game is crunchtime for both sides. They need 3 points to help their relegation scrap and we need them to get some momentum for winning the play-off position.

This is exactly the sort of game we simply have to win if we're going to get 5 wins from our remaining games.

I firmly believe we have the ability to win but do we have the heart needed to withstand what is sure to be plenty of huff and puff from them?

So far nearly every time we have been put to the test this season we have failed. Fail again on Saurday and it is going to very tough for us.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:42 pm

I'm attending and confident of a win on Saturday, but then again I was confident that we'd beat Newport after a couple of disappointing results and performances. I was confident about us not losing to Dagenham and Redbridge also, and I was confident we'd bag 3 points at Oxford too. Confidence is still there, but its twindling. Confidence is totally lost that any points picked up will truly matter over the course of the rest of the season mind so it doesn't really matter. I'm just optimistic that we may manage more than one shot on target.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Fail on Saturday and it is the end, terminal.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 11:51 pm

That's just another way of saying its a MUST WIN match. We've had loads of those recently apparently, not fared too well for us though, yet we're still within a chance. Thankfully, other teams seem fairly keen to bottle it as much as we do. I don't feel League Two football is promoted enough, they need to come up with a catchy phrase to excite people to tune their televisions into the dramatic run in. The League Two Play Off race - The least bottling bottlers wins. cheers What a time to be alive.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 1:24 am

tigertony wrote:
Still 3 teams from 7 or 8 but we have a good GD.

Nah, it's 2 from 3, you, Stevo and Newport will be scrapping it out as Luton continue free falling out of contention, Southend are solid and well clear, Northampton are pretty cack and the form team, the Mighty ECFC, will go fubar shortly.

If you play like you did at the Dags the other night you might as well give up now, but as we all know at this level form comes and goes.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 am

We are nowhere good enough to make the play-offs. Even in the highly unlikely event we did we'd completely f*** it up. Time to accept that another miserable season of failure is over.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

Freathy wrote:
We are nowhere good enough to make the play-offs. Even in the highly unlikely event we did we'd completely f*** it up.  Time to accept that another miserable season of failure is over.

BRENT OUT

JAMBOYS OUT

COACHING STAFF OUT

AVIVAFESTS OUT

ALL BUCKET RATTLERS OUT

laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:46 am

Greenskin wrote:
ejh wrote:
I will be pleasantly surprised if we score 5 goals in the run in, let alone 5 wins.

3 utterly garbage performances in three games where we were the bookies favourites!

2 goals in 6 matches, 0 in the last three. A paltry six shots on target in nearly 5 hours of football.

Only real idiots continue this charade of blaming Brent and not the dour miserable manager who is holding the team back.

News to me that because a bookmaker makes a team favourites to win a football match, it automatically follows that they do so. Were Manchester City favourites to beat Burnley the other day, Leeds to beat Blackpool on Saturday, Oxford to beat Hartlepool etc, etc? Probably. Didn't work out that way though.

I'm not going to go over old ground yet again about the obvious weakness in the composition of Argyle's team/squad, which has been pointed out since day 1 and before-truthfully it's now reached the point of exasperation. I will just say though that you may be on very dangerous ground in labelling as "real idiots" people who have seen the inadequacies of the Argyle boardroom hold the club back from what many of us think should have been achieved over the years and who have a cultivated suspicion, rightly or wrongly, of the capabilities of the current owner. It may well be wise to see what transpires if Sheridan does get the push and revisit the subject in, for arguments sake, 12 months time to see if much has changed. What odds do you think the bookies would give on any significant differences?

I wouldn't bet my house on it. Anyway if Shez is shite it still comes back to the chairman for putting up with it.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 am

Freathy wrote:
We are nowhere good enough to make the play-offs. Even in the highly unlikely event we did we'd completely f*** it up.  Time to accept that another miserable season of failure is over.

BRENT OUT

Always a ray of sunshine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Greenskin wrote:
ejh wrote:

Man City against Burnley?

Yes City were favourites. It didn't guarantee them the win. But if Pellegrini followed that defeat up with bore draws against say Aston Villa and Hull, games where the supposedly better side was visibly struggling to orchestrate an attacking move resulting in an attempt on goal, I am quite sure the bloke would be feeling the heat from supporters. If not the chairman.

Argyle are no Man City even at League Two level, but Sheridan is quite clearly bottling this run in. We did the same last season. He can open fire on supporters about being one point off the playoffs, but we are only in that position by virtue of Luton's relegation form. We were above Bury when we played recently in a '6 pointer', and they are now 10 points ahead of us. Shows how bad we have been really.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 12:57 pm

The chances of Argyle making the playoffs, are about as likely as the GT'S or the Argyle staff holding a Tribute to Knobber Nool Night!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:01 am

As I believe I was saying, that is six losses on the bounce for Luton, unfortunately that run will come to an end Friday when the City visit, you boys will piss home for the play offs where hopefully you will get your arse handed to you.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:44 am

Burton v Stevenage tonight, what is the best result for us? Burton win?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 am

Tgwu wrote:
Burton v Stevenage tonight, what is the best result for us?  Burton win?

Yes, but just scraping home 1-0 after having three men sent off in the first 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:45 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Burton v Stevenage tonight, what is the best result for us?  Burton win?

Yes, but just scraping home 1-0 after having three men sent off in the first 5 minutes.

Definitely rooting for a Burton win. Also hoping that Wycombe feck their auto spot up and give it to Bury - would much rather face Wycombe than Bury should we make the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:46 am

I think the top 3 (Shrewsbury, Burton, Wycombe) are done and dusted.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:49 am

Unfortunately it does seem that way, Bury are an incredible force in the division at the minute however and should breeze the play offs.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:53 am

Just like we were in '94.

Were you even born then?

Don't ever for minute assume anything about the play-offs.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

'92, the previous username revealed that. I get your point, but I really can't envisage Bury fluffing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:04 am

What worries me about Argyle is consistency, we don't have any other than choking in the games that matter, bar Wycombe and Luton I think we have dropped points at all the clubs in playoffs, all the Newport type games we choke, beating bottom of the league Chelts is one thing but we are way away from Bury. Bury are loaning out better players than we have in our team ATM.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Just like we were in '94.

Were you even born then?

Don't ever for minute assume anything about the play-offs.

Exactly, 'tis a lottery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 pm

I hope we don't make the playoffs or if we do we don't win them. The reason is this we will get our arse handed to us on a plate most weeks, we wouldn't start league 1 with half the current players anyway. With promotion you need momentum and we can't get any going. The team that goes up and straight down quite often carries on for another league as well. The only bright spot on the horizon in my eyes is after next spring when Brent can officially declare admin over and fook off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.   Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Five wins needed for a possible Play-Off spot ?.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next