Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?

Go down 
+2
Czarcasm
VillageGreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? Empty
PostSubject: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 4:54 pm

I came across the below thread which was on that other site and is titled - ''Lewis Alessandra contract.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Offer Lewi a contract now i say, regardless of gaining promotion or not in May.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Whipping themselves up into a frenzy about players staying or going at the end of the season already.

Ill make it short and sweet. if we go up no one will want to leave naturally why would they,  if we dont go up a few will want to move on and seek higher level of football elsewhere naturally why would they deny themselves that ambition.

Lewis will be one of them im sure.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Allesandra is going through a 'hot' spell at the minute. Playing well and scoring a few goals.

But he also has periods of half s dozen games where he looks less than mediocre and Joe Soap League 2.

That's probably why him and quite a few like him are here ( in league2) in the first place - he can't do it with any sort of consistency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 6:29 pm

The following to my knowledge are out of contract at the end of the season

O'Connor, Banton, Alessandra, Blizzard, Richards, Morgan, Harvey, Wotton (still registered however all but confirmed retired) Lecointe, Bittner, Bentley, Allen and Norburn.

Cant see many being kept on from that list in truth. maybe 4 poss 5. (O'connor, Alessandra, Allen and Bentley  toss up between harvey and banton for the 5th guy although neither would be kept on if i made the call)

Last edited by Angry on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:59 am

According to one farm poster, Lewi is Championship quality.

Are they for real?

He is sort of an asset in League Two and that's about it. Not enough goals for a striker, not enough quality end product for a winger. But his work rate makes him valuable in a lot of positions.

No way does Lewi get picked with his lack of quality in the higher leagues.

As a striker we'd all have Lavery over him, and a right winger we'd all have Martin Phillips over him - two good players who are/were not established in second tier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 6:21 am

ejh wrote:
According to one farm poster, Lewi is Championship quality.

Are they for real?

He is sort of an asset in League Two and that's about it. Not enough goals for a striker, not enough quality end product for a winger. But his work rate makes him valuable in a lot of positions.

No way does Lewi get picked with his lack of quality in the higher leagues.

As a striker we'd all have Lavery over him, and a right winger we'd all have Martin Phillips over him - two good players who are/were not established in second tier.

You'd think he was Luke Young the way they are cracking on. geek
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 2:36 pm

It's amazing that two good games seem to have made everyone forget how poor he was for the previous 4 to 6 weeks.

I lole him but he's a good league two player most of the time with probably League 1 quality at his best. He'll always be a nuisance and I'd definitely offer him another contract but I think he's more replaceable than some of the players we've got in the team.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
It's amazing that two good games seem to have made everyone forget how poor he was for the previous 4 to 6 weeks.

I lole him but he's a good league two player most of the time with probably League 1 quality at his best. He'll always be a nuisance and I'd definitely offer him another contract but I think he's more replaceable than some of the players we've got in the team.

If Argyle do no get promotion this season, LA would be an asset for next season, part of the spine of the team.

I also believe he would be good-ok L1 player should Argyle gain promotion this season, again, part of the spine of the team.

As for being replaceable, i not so sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

If Argyle do no get promotion this season, LA would be an asset for next season, part of the spine of the team.

I also believe he would be good-ok L1 player should Argyle gain promotion this season, again, part of the spine of the team.

As for being replaceable, i not so sure.

I'd go along with that, he's one of our better players from what I've seen, take his goals out of the team and we'd be nowhere near the playoffs, plus he's probably assisted half of Roobs goals.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Don't get me wrong I like him but he's not been one of our best players this season (in my opinion of course). Personally I think McCormick, Nelson, Hartley, McHugh, Mellor, O'Connor, Cox, Bobby Reid and Reuben have all been better.

It's not that I don't like him, but he's simply much more replaceable than some of our other players.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 pm

Alessandra is an essential player for now and next season - once he gets in the box with the ball at his feet there is a reasonable chance he will bang it in,simple as! Rock
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 pm

JS hoping for LA to sign new deal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:04 pm

He's catching Rooben up now 11 to 14, not bad for an average joe.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:58 pm

Alessandra is the spark, the energy in our team. He'd be as big a loss to us now as Norris was when he went.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 3:12 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Allesandra is going through a 'hot' spell at the minute. Playing well and scoring a few goals.

But he also has periods of half s dozen games where he looks less than mediocre and Joe Soap League 2.

That's probably why him and quite a few like him are here ( in league2) in the first place - he can't do it with any sort of consistency.
Bang on. When he's on form, he is nowhere near replaceable. When he's on form he is simply far too good for this league and is a genuine pleasure to watch.

When he's off form, he will have game after game of doing absolutely naff all. When he's on that form, he is eminently replaceable.

He's a player who you can't simplify. We've had a shedload of 'confidence players' over the years and he's the biggest one of the lot. He is very, VERY capable but his consistency and his psyche will stop him from ever being as good as he should be.

He'll have six hot weeks and six cold weeks. I would be disappointed if he left but not as disappointed as I was when Hourihane left for that reason.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:12 pm

One player does not make a team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?   Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Lewis Alessandra stay or go at the end of the season ?
Page 1 of 1