+3
Elias
GreenSam
Dick Trickle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

They weren't queuing up last time....? Empty
PostSubject: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Is someone able to do a brief synopsis on the two different purchase options between:

1. Brent purchasing the club when he did

and

2. Now

I see many people saying "where were these people before?" "not exactly a queue of owners is there?" "Brent is the only option". The Brent tints tend to use this to drown out any dissent. Are they right?

Forget characters what are the facts in terms of ownership, debt etc?

Let's accept that Brent (unlikely I know) offers a fair price for the club. Is the club more marketable now than it was before, why and by how much?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 6:44 pm

I think it's if anything less marketable now due to the separation of the club from the car park land which is a valuable piece of real estate.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 7:59 pm

in other words argyles F**kED !
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:06 am

Who ever hears of other people interested in buying football clubs?

Occasionally we may hear of some very rich person or company somewhere who express an interest in buying a big club. In general though we only hear of people interested in buying clubs when those clubs are in trouble or the owners are actively trying to sell a club.

When a club is in trouble then generally the selling price of a club will be cheaper than if the club wasn't for sale or in trouble. So if I wanted to buy PAFC I wouldn't make Brent an offer when the club was doing alright; I would wait until it was in trouble then make a much lower offer.

People who claim 'where are these potential buyers' are talking nonsense. Any potential buyer isn't going to declare an interest until the last moment he really has to
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:26 am

Brent is asking £2.25million for his 95% (the amount of money he is owed by the Club). What do you get for your money? A 'golden ticket' to play in the League, a 'brand' and the (worthless) value of remaining contracts of the players. Also the debt - the GTs debt, the old Trust debt, the (rumoured) £500,000 debt to Tony Wrathall, the unpaid Rent, the amount the Council have loaned to pay the Football Creditors and the remaining Football Creditor debt. So nowhere near the amount run up last time, but far more than any sensible business person would be willing to pay. There are clubs on the market for far less in much better financial positions. So we are looking for snookers.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:20 am

I will pay what Brent paid for the club on the basis that PCC pay for the ground what they paid Brent, and if that's not a good enough an answer for Tigertwat then f off.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 10:12 am

If JB wants to sell (or, more accurately, get rid of) the club (which he surely must want to)... he will have to give the club away, debts and all. As Damon said, no one would realistically want to buy the club (unless they had an attachment to Argyle). Even if he gave the club away, debt-free, there wouldn't be many takers, given that any commercial development is a dead duck too... who would want to buy into a loss-making exterprise?

Which means, either way, we'll be rattling around the bottom division (bottom 2 divisions if we're lucky) for decades to come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They weren't queuing up last time....?   They weren't queuing up last time....? Empty

Back to top Go down

They weren't queuing up last time....?
Page 1 of 1