argyl3
green_genie
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

HHP Funding in place.... Empty
PostSubject: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:05 pm

....sort of, possibly. No actual commitment and "subject to final designs" makes it unclear if support is for HHP or HHP-lite

bag o' link

Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:32 pm

did I mention my cheque was in the post?
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Read the letter carefully - the very last person it was intended for personally was James Brent. It is clearly meant as a non-committal publishable aide to Brent to mitigate the failure of the original HHP proposal. 'Subject to design' blah blah. Let's see what Andrew Ferguson of Legal & General has to say about British Land's Bretonside proposals - I've written to him today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:07 pm

The latest in a string of desperate attempts by this Evil regime to convince dimwitted locals into believing HHP could actually come to fruition.

Luckily the astute on ATD realised this grotesque fantasy was dead long long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
The latest in a string of desperate attempts by this Evil regime to convince dimwitted locals into believing HHP could actually come to fruition.

Luckily the astute on ATD realised this grotesque fantasy was dead long long ago.

it was a clusterfuck from day one and only now are some seeing it. The joke that nothing of hhp would benefit the club and not just brent solely still needs beating home to some though.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:35 pm

If you read the letter it says we are still interested,its like me saying I`m interested in buying pafc when I win the lottery.

Just read the last paragraph Please note that this letter does not constitute an offer nor is it intended to create any legally binding obligation

FFS we aint that soft to believe this load of crap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:38 pm

who's bright idea was it at the club to publish the letter i wonder?
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:50 pm

This from Legal and General's 2014 report makes me wonder why another multi-screen cinema seems to be such an attractive investment.

'Figures on cinema admissions showed a disappointing summer (June to August) with admissions
9% down on the equivalent period of 2013 and 15% lower than the five-year summer average.
Concerns over the debt liability of Odeon weighed on the sector as the operator saw its credit rating
downgraded to CCC+. In the restaurant subsector Gondola Holdings are rumoured to be disposing
of Ask and Zizzi'

Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:59 pm

It's interesting to note that L&G own the Barbican Leisure Park. I wonder if they are concerned about British Land building a cinema so close to their existing one?

It may be me but I find the beginning of the letter a little strange. Surely if that letter was only meant for the eyes of JB and the PAFC board he wouldn't have laid out what L&G own in Plymouth and listing their assets etc. because JB and the board would have already been well aware of all that. Especially as they have been talking to each other for 12 months.

It seems to me that letter was written for the eyes of others.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:02 pm

This letter going public is more grasping at straws coz they know they are totally fooked and will do anything to make it look better than what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:09 pm

Its just an attempt to shift blame onto PCC for allowing Bretonside to go ahead. "Look everyone we have the funding but if the horrible council don't give us what we want we will lose it"
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
It's interesting to note that L&G own the Barbican Leisure Park. I wonder if they are concerned about British Land building a cinema so close to their existing one?

It may be me but I find the beginning of the letter a little strange. Surely if that letter was only meant for the eyes of JB and the PAFC board he wouldn't have laid out what L&G own in Plymouth and listing their assets etc. because JB and the board would have already been well aware of all that. Especially as they have been talking to each other for 12 months.

It seems to me that letter was written for the eyes of others

Exactly my point Richard - it's utterly contrived. How dumb do they think we are?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Hitch wrote:
Exactly my point Richard - it's utterly contrived. How dumb do they think we are?

On a scale of 1 to 10 ---------- 11
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 pm

I hope jimmy's got the funding in place for a big box of tissues, he's gonna need em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I hope jimmy's got the funding in place for a big box of tissues, he's gonna need em!

i dont think he has time to covort with madam palm over this ss68
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:35 pm

Surely this is funding for the cinema which was to be the anchor tenant? It's the small take up for the other units the is the problem, school not happening, dentist not happening, retail units? Maybe we will end up with cinema, ice rink and a couple of shops? Brent needs to build something to save some credibility, a shed would be a start.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:52 pm

If this letter is real I wonder if L&G I M have given their permission to publish it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:14 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
If this letter is real I wonder if L&G I M have given their permission to publish it.

The baggo wrote:
"The letter, from L&G Fund Manager Andrew Ferguson, makes mention of confidentiality. However, since receiving it, we have been given permission by Andrew to make the letter public."

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What was stupid, was leaving Andrew Fergusons email address at the top of the letter for everyone to see.

Imagine if this was not appealing to Newell and the Dogs of war? I am sure Newell would have had his chum place a virus or something into it!

Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:15 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Oh the letter is authentic, it's just that it was so obviously requested/ghosted/contrived/published by 'Brent' in order to deflect attention away from the real reasons why the original HHP plan is such a hopeless cause.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:25 am

How come the release of this letter has not been printed in Brent Herald? I think the comments that been said on both web site shows the penny as drop and the majority of fan now believe Brent is Fuxked
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:50 am

The strange thing about this letter press release is...

And...?

The letter raises more questions than it answers!  The purpose of printing it in a press release is obviously not clear, as the fan base is confused as to the message being conveyed.

It just seems like feeding time for the AFT to me.  Plenty of questions to be asked, and since this club statement has raised them, Brent should not be shy of answering them!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 6:53 am

The late lamented and sadly missed PASB could get diddly squat out of Brent without signing away their lives - but here we have high level and what would normally confidential information published on the club website and released to the press - go figure. Just how desperate is Brent and for that matter Legal and General (who must think it's a very lucrative project for them to allow this to go public in such a way - is the club paying over the odds if L&G are that desperate?)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:32 am

Trust statement

HHP / Grandstand development
Last week the club issued a statement about the HHP and Grandstand development, which is available on the club web site:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This week they followed that up with a copy of a letter from Legal and General Investment Management, who are potential investors in the HHP development:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Mayflower grandstand has been with us for some 60 years. The Trust is naturally very keen to see the grandstand development go ahead, with something appropriate for Argyle’s aspirations and ambitions for the next 60 years. We are therefore seeking talks with both the club and the Council to better understand their positions on HHP and the proposed Bretonside development.
See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
We are also reforming the HHP/Grandstand Working Group, with a view to exploring possible solutions in terms of the design of a new grandstand and the potential means to fund it. If any Trust members have relevant skills to help the WG, whether you’re based in Plymouth or not, please contact [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:36 am

Should've gone for Aviva ...............geddon janner laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 am

Open post to the trust...

Brent cant deliver on anything so what is the point wasting time coming up with another WG proposal that he will dismiss like before no matter how big an improvement it is on the clusterfuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HHP Funding in place....   HHP Funding in place.... Empty

Back to top Go down

HHP Funding in place....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next