Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!

Go down 
+15
shonbo
Damon.Lenszner
Czarcasm
Hitch
Tringreen
Tgwu
lawnmowerman
mouldyoldgoat
Peggy
PatDunne
Greenskin
Richard Blight
Moist_Von_Lipwig
X Isle
Sir Francis Drake
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:25 pm

X Isle wrote:
So, if you're correct (and different opinions exist, he's delivering a better team) the plan to overthrow one hot air merchant is to replace him with multiple hot air merchants?

Oh crumbs, Argo really are stuffed, and I had such high hopes for this consortium lol

Can't deny that he's delivered a better team or at least partly facilitated Sheridan to do so-apparently we're operating on the 7th-9th biggest budget in the division, so it could be reasonably said that Sheridan is overachieving. But credit where's it's due, JB belatedly saw that Fletcher was out of his depth and took the action needed to redress the situation by appointing a manager who knows what he's doing, no problem with acknowledging that.

As to a potential consortium-who knows? Is there sufficient evidence that a really comprehensive marketing exercise has been carried out to establish if there would be any strong interest in a club which has many things going for it as far as the possibility of real progression is concerned? Not for me there hasn't-the New world were brought in on the strength of Tony Campbell knowing/working for Kagami and Ridsdale had "already done the work" according to Guilfoyle in finding the new owner when the club were in admin. Mind you, it's interesting to speculate on what may have happened if Todd and co had been in charge when Holloway was manager,in the same way as if McCauley had been chairman when Dave Smith was manager or Blindell with Tony Waiters-we can never seem to get the timing right in allying good managers with a bit of money, maybe there's a lesson to be taken onboard there. If a real, genuinely selfless and comprehensive effort was made by the powers that be to find interested parties was made and nothing came of it then sure, i'd hold my hands up and say that unless they were very lucky or had an exceptional plan b, then it's very unlikely that Argyle would ever rise above championship level. But until that comes, then I won't give up hope and to patronisingly dismiss any such possibility as "childish" or whatever is to my mind negatively numpty headed.

And let's face it, if the consortium who wanted to take over in 2007 had succeeded in their aim, it couldn't have turned out any fecking worse.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:58 pm

Just a little point for those who claim JB is delivering a better team. Considering he was starting from a basis of the worst Argyle team in the club's entire history he would be hard pressed not to deliver a better team. Within the football league if the team didn't improve the only other scenario was relegation.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Just a little point for those who claim JB is delivering a better team. Considering he was starting from a basis of the worst Argyle team in the club's entire history he would be hard pressed not to deliver a better team. Within the football league if the team didn't improve the only other scenario was relegation.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:01 pm

i just won £8 with Van Persie scoring . im more than happy to contribute to the fund bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm happy to crowd fund a buyout of Brent's carpark then come on board as a sleeping partner with a fifty one percent share holding and a veto on all votes, minutes and communication from the club with an option to buy ATD using Allanotivvy as a front.
I'll get the contracts drawn up by my people right away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:47 pm

if Tottenham lose, i'll chuck in another£ 11.45.
#stripesareback
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm in for £2 MILLION*

*subject to PCC giving me the money.

I shall require my mate to be the owner of ATD
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Who's your mate? Suspect Suspect

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 6:45 pm

My mate Tudor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:31 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
if Tottenham lose, i'll chuck in another£ 11.45.  
#stripesareback

Useless investor!!!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:33 pm

I won £11 at golf today Smile
Back to top Go down
wisconsin green

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Rickler and I are wondering how many seats the right-handed, lactose-intolerant, over-40, American supporters will have on your newly formed Advisory Supporters board. We need to meet to appoint our representative. Feel free to take a year or two to get back to us.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:14 pm

For $550,000 I can let you have, no seats.....
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:34 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
i just won £8 with Van Persie scoring .  im more than happy to contribute to the fund bounce bounce bounce

We're now on £27.85 + €82 + a "Kagami".
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:04 pm

Let me just put my cheque in the post..
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:08 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Let me just put my cheque in the post..

We're now on £27.85 + €82 + 2 "Kagami"s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Just found £3.67p in an old wallet in a bag in the garage. More than willing to donate it to the new SFD lead consortium.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:36 pm

I've just sold a used nail to this museum with full provenance and a brief synopsis of the part it played in Argyle's history - I got £4.53 to add to the total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Greenskin wrote:
And let's face it, if the consortium who wanted to take over in 2007 had succeeded in their aim, it couldn't have turned out any fecking worse.

Do you think so? Where were Jones' band of wealthy Argyle fans during administration or when begging bowl passed PJ on way to Wrathall?

ps. I have a 9 x 3m marquee and a collection of 80's indie vinyl to drag the pre-match entertainment forward a decade..

I confidently predict it will generate £1-2 additional revenue and even more if the rozzers would let me sell home pressed scrumpy during the match.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:19 am

green_genie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Do you think so? Where were Jones' band of wealthy Argyle fans during administration or when begging bowl passed PJ on way to Wrathall?

ps. I have a 9 x 3m marquee and a collection of 80's indie vinyl to drag the pre-match entertainment forward a decade..

I confidently predict it will generate £1-2 additional revenue and even more if the rozzers would let me sell home pressed scrumpy during the match.

In terms of incompetence and greed, that consortium would have had to have been extremely gifted to surpass taking the club down two divisions,with two relegation battles in order to avoid dropping out of the football league to follow. Not to mention going into administration.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:49 am

£41.27 in advance from Mrs Mopps halftime draw Argyle v Ernesettle Rangers 2019.Not cash upfront of course but 100% sound finance nonetheless and something which you can borrow against if living strictly within your means becomes a cross too much to bear in the next 5 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:26 am

green_genie wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Where were YOU in the WOR?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:
£41.27 in advance from Mrs Mopps halftime draw Argyle v Ernesettle Rangers 2019.Not cash upfront of course but 100% sound finance nonetheless and something which you can borrow against if living strictly within your means becomes a cross too much to bear in the next 5 years.

What does that count as?

We're now on £36.05 + €82 + 2 "Kagami"s.

Pretty soon we'll have enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 12:03 am

would have had more but scousers won 3 -1 instead of 2 -0.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 5:21 pm

We seem to have lost momentum on this one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!   Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Move over Brenty there's a new kid on the block!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next