Charlie Wood
jabba the gut ecfc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Herald Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:27 pm

I suppose it won't be long before a politician comes along and claims the fact the Herald has to resort to ridiculous non stories like shock, horror a lightweight, empty plastic wheelie bin has blown over in some reasonably average winds in the middle of an average winter in Plymouth is because there is no crime to write about. Or there's no poverty or deprivation or homelessness or unemployment etc. etc. to write about. Aren't we wonderful?

Then some different politicians will be along and claim the other politicians are talking complete shyte.

Then some other politicians will be along and claim the wheelie bin blew over because of immigration.

In the meantime the Herald will carry on with it's world class investigative journalism!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Does Cowdrey write the Heralds lame attempted comedy gags?
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A new low.

Inanimate object does something newsworthy - which is more than James Brent has done in about 3 years.

And the bin has a better personality than Chris Webb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Slow news day so they drag up old stories to show just how poor the standard of journalism is in the herald offices.

Why do people buy this crap paper honestly? May aswell just go buy the Beano and get your news from that for all the effort it takes to produce a herald edition these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:37 pm

All printed matter is the same, all ads and no feckin news, I was sat on the bog reading a top gear magazine (I only mention the toilet to let it be known that this is not my normal read) and I was literally wading through ads. Adverts on the whole were hidden in the back apart from the odd glossy full page but now you have to hunt for the stories. Still didn't find any of any note in the consumerist, elitist rag of a mag that is Top Gear.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:39 pm

"Plymouth's streets are filled with independent, quirky and original shops, all pumping money back into Plymouth"

Really?! I must miss those every time I go into the city centre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:46 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
"Plymouth's streets are filled with independent, quirky and original shops, all pumping money back into Plymouth"

Really?! I must miss those every time I go into the city centre.

its a load of bollocks really, exeter is miles ahead of plymouth in terms of business and growth and plymouth despite it having more potential is just happy to name to be britains nowhere near an ocean city

Iggy wrote:
All printed matter is the same, all ads and no feckin news, I was sat on the bog reading a top gear magazine (I only mention the toilet to let it be known that this is not my normal read) and I was literally wading through ads. Adverts on the whole were hidden in the back apart from the odd glossy full page but now you have to hunt for the stories. Still didn't find any of any note in the consumerist, elitist rag of a mag that is Top Gear.

thats what all mags are full of these days, mostly ads and little content. On top off less pages and costs more money than they used too.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 5:47 pm

Iggy wrote:

I don't mind a bit of Top Gear.

If you can get past the fact that their scripts are written and rehearsed more stringently than Eastenders, then it's quite a mildly amusing way to pass an hour.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 6:55 pm

To be fair to the Herald, it ain't just them that are airing laughable 'news' stories. Spotlight just had some bird on an outside broadcast (BION) stood in the freezing cold up at Haytor to report on the fact that......wait for it........they're putting a chain across a carpark at night to stop cars gathering in it. Neutral  

I'm glad our license fees are being used for such cutting edge reporting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
To be fair to the Herald, it ain't just them that are airing laughable 'news' stories. Spotlight just had some bird on an outside broadcast (BION) stood in the freezing cold up at Haytor to report on the fact that......wait for it........they're putting a chain across a carpark at night to stop cars gathering in it. Neutral  

I'm glad our license fees are being used for such cutting edge reporting!

Exactly why in some areas they should reduce the number of editions aweek to something like  Mon Wed and Fri if it sells a weekend edition. Everyday clearly is a strain and results in them giving plebbs like errr plebb writing an article writing utter bollocks just to fill a page.

Last edited by Angry on Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:38 pm

To be fair... sod all ever happens in Plymouth, so it's either Wheelie bins or shut up shop
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:15 pm

This isn't even remotely funny:

This is fcuking hilarious:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:56 pm

The Herald is a pile of horse shit. Amateurish, ill-penned, ill-informed juvenile pish. Clueless from front page to the back.

The sooner that rag is wound up the better.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Comments section disappeared. Shocked I am. lol!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 11:21 am

Only positive comments vill be tolerated Herr genie. Clearly a propaganda outlet for the chosen few, TE, JB, CW, FFS! FCOL!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 am

green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

## TUDOR WINS ##

At seven this morning there were a number of comments mostly falling into the "it's gotta be Aprils Fools Day" which all been wiped..

Amongst these was a reasoned argument one from UKIP's candidate to stand against Tudor in Ham Ward in May. Would think The Herald editorial team need to be a bit careful in the run up to election with censorship.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:21 am

green_genie wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

## TUDOR WINS ##

At seven this morning there were a number of comments mostly falling into the "it's gotta be Aprils Fools Day" which all been wiped..

Amongst these was a reasoned argument one from UKIP's candidate to stand against Tudor in Ham Ward in May. Would think The Herald editorial team need to be a bit careful in the run up to election with censorship.

Ffs! Wake me up when this nightmare is over Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 4:49 pm

green_genie wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

## TUDOR WINS ##

laugh The Herald must be as regulated and censored as Pisspoti these days. Laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:01 am

Orkwood T Watt wrote:
green_genie wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

## TUDOR WINS ##

laugh The Herald must be as regulated and censored as Pisspoti these days. Laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.

UKIP guy's comment is back with couple of other mild ones. Anyone would think they were watching us watching them.  there there
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:13 am

The Chauffeur was quick to pass on his personal congratulations to Tudor on his award.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 9:50 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
The Chauffeur was quick to pass on his personal congratulations to Tudor on his award.

#allinittogether
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herald Watch   Herald Watch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Herald Watch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2