Sir Francis Drake
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:02 pm

I meant to post this last night but forgot all about it.

One of the issues having a serious impact on club income is the very high proportion of discounted tickets that are sold. Our home attendances are good but the income generated is lower than was budgeted for. Apparently not enough people actually pay full whack to get in.

The club would, one would have thought, have historic data which would not vary that wildly from year to year and plan from there so I must admit that this sounds like bullshit to me but there you go.

I suspect takings in other ways have fallen short too because we haven't managed to stock enough shirts in the right sizes in the club shop for years, have a hideous blue away kit that nobody seems to like and the queues at the catering outlets often make buying something impossible (and when you get to be served often the popular items have all been sold).

Much of this could be sorted almost immediately by employing some openness and transparency, consultation and dialogue.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Mate, you are going to get so much beer poured over you at the next home game.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Can we have a whip-round to buy SFD a sou'wester, big rain cape and waterproof trousers?

Oh - and galoshes (whatever they are).
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Peggy wrote:
Can we have a whip-round to buy SFD a sou'wester, big rain cape and waterproof trousers?

And a large funnel which runs into a barrel so that we can all drink for free (and avoid the queues).
Back to top Go down

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 pm

The discount thing is nothing new. Stapleton said 30% pay full price. Being of the egalitarian persuasion, I decided I had had enough of paying more than 70% of others.
Good to hear the hundreds and probably thousands that are boycotting this club are having an effect. Things like admin stitch ups are important, and one day it might just dawn on anyone owning the club that the comparative cheap season ticket to the POTD price is an absolute no no for a lower league club. For the 99th time, lower league football clubs are ghettos. No longer do crowds go up or down due solely to results. Football clubs are by and large inaccessible to all but the regular "punter".... for all sorts of reasons. And that comes from a former regular of a lifetime. I know what I'm talking about.
The season before this, Ridsdale was blamed for the ludicrous budgeted 8,000 average. This season there is no excuse. That's what happens when you surround yourself with yes men that haven't a clue either. Ask Ian Duncan-Smith. You can only stick your fingers in your ears for so long.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:35 pm

Yeah well. If you have a director telling people to toddle off and support Man U, and people in the inner sanctum who bully and threaten fans until some of them give up, then you don't sell as many tickets. Innit. And that's not even mentioning what was going on on the pitch until recently.

See - even those of us who 'don't know about business' (to quote his porkship) get that.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Peggy wrote:
Yeah well. If you have a director telling people to toddle off and support Man U, and people in the inner sanctum who bully and threaten fans until some of them give up, then you don't sell as many tickets. Innit. And that's not even mentioning what was going on on the pitch until recently.

See - even those of us who 'don't know about business' (to quote his porkship) get that.

No bullying over at Pyongyang, Peggy! The Porker says so!  cheers 

The Pyongyang Pig wrote:
Libel free, child friendly and no bullying. That's the way all websites should be in my opinion.

I'm sure the Mentalist actually believes his own lies....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:32 pm

The trouble is... ST are pitched at about what the local economy/football fan will bear, loads of us would stroll up on the day if a ticket was £12.50 but £21? In general this area cannot afford it.
(PS Mrs Manamead babe, i can afford it easy, looking forward to April's avatar)  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:37 pm

PatDunne wrote:
The trouble is... ST are pitched at about what the local economy/football fan will bear, loads of us would stroll up on the day if a ticket was £12.50 but £21? In general this area cannot afford it.
(PS Mrs Manamead babe, i can afford it easy, looking forward to April's avatar)   Very Happy 

She already given to me the 2014 full calender

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Tgwu wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
(PS Mrs Manamead babe, i can afford it easy, looking forward to April's avatar)   Very Happy 

She already given to me the 2014 full calender

Damn, is the rumour about Octobers devil costume true?  Very Happy Embarassed Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:51 pm

October for Halloween is a good

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:08 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Peggy wrote:

And a large funnel which runs into a barrel so that we can all drink for free (and avoid the queues).

After all this unsubstantiated rubbish that you have posted in the last 24 hours......that's the least you deserve....
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:10 pm

greensleeves wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Peggy wrote:

After all this unsubstantiated rubbish that you have posted in the last 24 hours......that's the least you deserve....

Me?
Back to top Go down

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Peggy wrote:

No bullying over at Pyongyang, Peggy! The Porker says so!  cheers 

The Pyongyang Pig wrote:
Libel free, child friendly and no bullying. That's the way all websites should be in my opinion.

I'm sure the Mentalist actually believes his own lies....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember when he 'left' pasoti he wasn't so proud of it then lol! 
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 9:57 pm

greensleeves, next time you find yourself off in a LONELY corner of the green room, PRAWN sandwich in one hand, cocktail SAUSAGE in the other, chuntering into yer beer and tryin' to contain yer bladder, p'raps go up to old Brenty and tell him that you're a SICK covert OPERATIVE who REGULARLY posts on ATD and MEBBE you ought to be BANISHED fFs before you wreak HAVOC on the GRIM SYCOPHANTS who DONT PAY SHIT to be there and are litch just TOLERATED because it can be guaranteed FORE SHORE that they will be in PATHETIC awe of someone who appears to have completed FOOK ALL in his life APART from HELPING to cause a seemingly avoidable GLOBAL MELTDOWN.

Wotcher thoughts, CHAMP?

R U UP FOR WIELDING AN ATD SWORD IN THE NAME OF HONOUR, INTERGRITTY AND FINANNSHUL STABLE TEA?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
 Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
greensleeves

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:02 pm

Cock...not your finest post but then not many are.Not ATD's finest day with more bitch in fighting either.You need to get your house in order,and perhaps lay off the alcohol.

Last edited by greensleeves on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:03 pm

k.

Thought not.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:30 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
k.

Thought not.

lol! Blessed are the dimwitted Avivas................ for they shall be slaughtered !  laugh 
Back to top Go down

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 6:04 am

greensleeves wrote:
Cock...not your finest post but then not many are.Not ATD's finest day with more bitch in fighting either.You need to get your house in order,and perhaps lay off the alcohol.

That's funny, your lord and master said exactly the same about you.

But then he also said he thought Ponty was Greenman.

Great friend  Thanks/OK 
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 10:59 am

I'm really quite enjoying the ongoing web (not the super fan) war on ATD at the moment it's nearly as good as the football.

WEBB - DO THE HONOURABLE THING!
BRENT- JUST SELL UP AND FECK OFF!
 cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I meant to post this last night but forgot all about it.

One of the issues having a serious impact on club income is the very high proportion of discounted tickets that are sold. Our home attendances are good but the income generated is lower than was budgeted for. Apparently not enough people actually pay full whack to get in.

The club would, one would have thought, have historic data which would not vary that wildly from year to year and plan from there so I must admit that this sounds like bullshit to me but there you go.

I suspect takings in other ways have fallen short too because we haven't managed to stock enough shirts in the right sizes in the club shop for years, have a hideous blue away kit that nobody seems to like and the queues at the catering outlets often make buying something impossible (and when you get to be served often the popular items have all been sold).

Much of this could be sorted almost immediately by employing some openness and transparency, consultation and dialogue.

Just been looking for an old thread and found this one.

And so it came to pass (as recently confirmed by Martyn Starnes).
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:14 pm

There's no better feeling than proving yourself right Francis.
Back to top Go down

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:15 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
There's no better feeling than proving yourself right Francis.

I thought you fell off a wall and was off sick?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:20 pm

Can't think of anything I've been that wrong about.

FES went bust, HHP is stuffed, Brent is looking to sell, Nooly's a front for the club which controls Pasoti...

All proven to be demonstrably true by subsequent events despite the threats, denials and smears that have been directed at me.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Your foresight and modesty are astounding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just remembered! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just remembered!   Just remembered! Empty

Back to top Go down

Just remembered!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: