At last!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

At last! Empty
PostSubject: At last!   At last! EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:53 pm

we have a manager who is trying to instill a sense of belief into the team, Sheridan's view of the upcoming Gillingham fixture on Saturday is that "they are beatable" and since he arrived at Home Park has said from day one that anyone can beat anyone.
Which is of course in stark contrast to the the previous 'manager' (no I don't want to say his name) who viewed even playing Stourbridge as quote "a difficult game" which may of course explain why we lost to two non league teams in a year. It's probably evident to most perceptive fans that the psychology pre Sheridan was negative, in that every game was painted as "difficult" in some way, it looks like, thankfully, that Sheridan is much more of a believer in the old school 'it's eleven against eleven, any one can win on the day' philosophy.
I listened to Rob Baxter last week the Exeter Chief's coach before the game against the Harlequins, when he said calmly "if we do the right things we can get a result, it's up to us" and low and behold they go and do the double over the mighty Quins.
So if the squad on Saturday can have belief in the concept that it's for us to lose rather than being difficult then who knows. We may not win on Saturday, but every game is winnable dammit, and I remain convinced Sheridan believes that. As always we will see.
cheers
Back to top Go down

At last!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: