Tringreen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Football League Show - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 pm

I have always felt a european league for the big boys. But if they joined it there would be no FA or league cup for them in this country. With the likes of man u, city or chelsea away every other week then if fans wanted their football fix they could go to a local team like burnley, wigan or brentford.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Dane. wrote:
You keep saying he has backed fletcher ? where ? What money did fletcher spend ?

Well actually I think that is the first time I have ever used the expression "he backed Fletch" but if you think he didn't then there isn't much point me explaining anything else to you, if anything he backed him for too long, maybe the players he brought in weren't what you were expecting, judging from your posts you seem to think that a plethora of top class players were queueing up to move to Swilly for the money you can afford, you need to get real.

PAFC gets great gates for their league position but your off field revenues are shiite, I am guessing that you will struggle to generate £3 million this season out of which paying Fletch's contract and the pre existing football debts will take way over £1 million, I know from the window of the council flats you boys all live in £2 million looks like a lottery win, keep you in Asders strong cider for life, but out in the real world it isn't a lot to run even a scabby little football club with.

What I have said a million times, well half a dozen times at least, is that Brent will not be shovelling his own ill gotten into the pot, he will fund short term shortfalls but that will just be more debt piling up, he will then run the club to ensure it is capable of funding that level of debt, it's called running a business, you guys will not have had much experience of seeing that down there in the home of public financed living, but it is good that you are finally getting to experience what a bitch paying your way in the world can be.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

So you lose Sid James Park and your Trust led model but you have your only chance of seeing your club in the big-time.

I would never want to leave dear ol' Sid James nor have the Trust sell out and 32,000 City fans at the first competitive match at the new Wemberlee was enough big time for two life times.

Two life-times? Really? You're easily pleased.

(You weren't even the first, the first competitive game at the new Wembley was the FA Trophy final.)
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I have always felt a european league for the big boys. But if they joined it there would be no FA or league cup for them in this country. With the likes of man u, city or chelsea away every other week then if fans wanted their football fix they could go to a local team like burnley, wigan or brentford.

I am afraid this and Jock's ideas are very much pie in the sky to my way of thinking, there already is a European League, manure are playing real in it tonight, it is only the symbiosis that exists in the various national leagues that allows the TV companies to fund it so heavily, people would soon lose interest in a European League which had no history and involved the same teams every year with no promotion and relegation. Yes the Chumps League is a nice bit of bunce but the main course is the Prem where the team finishing last next season will still get a £120 million pounds to play with over five years, the likes of 'ure, Arse, Citeh, 'ski, Spurs and whoever else might be chivvying away at the top will be scooping 80 to 100 million pounds each, they ain't going nowhere.

North, South splits were tried back in the day and let lie, let's be honest if the likes of Ebbsfleet can survive in the Conference with trips to Barrow, Gateshead and Southport on crowds of less than a thousand while Bishops Stortford do similar in Conf North on less that half that it seems unlikely that the football league will ever go that way.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
(You weren't even the first, the first competitive game at the new Wembley was the FA Trophy final.)

Ah yes, Kiddy against Stevo. You may well want to describe the Tip Pot Cup final as a competitive game, especially with the chance that you may well be in that very competition next season, but for me the very lowest level that the word competitive can be applied in English football is for the game from which the winners achieve a place in the Football League, anything else I am afraid is just so very Tinpot.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:41 pm

I'd agree it's tinpot. It still attracted a crowd way in excess of yours, mind.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:29 pm

The fanfest looked like a special retirement home
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

An issue you really need to take up with Morecambe.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Na, I'd actually be showing a level of interest totally undeserving of the occasion, not to mention a smidgen of pedantry. Talking of which, 32,000? Are you sure? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Na, I'd actually be showing a level of interest totally undeserving of the occasion, not to mention a smidgen of pedantry. Talking of which, 32,000? Are you sure? Very Happy

Slightly over 32,500 as it happens, which was nice, about 10k less the following year but that visit had the added spice of victory, looking forward to this May already.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Ok you've hooked me. I've just googled it and a couple reports round it up to 30,000, though the Guardian (usually pretty accurate sportswise) put it at "nearly 30k".

Tissy is a fibby wibby teller...
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Ok you've hooked me. I've just googled it and a couple reports round it up to 30,000, though the Guardian (usually pretty accurate sportswise) put it at "nearly 30k".

Wow, you googled it and are now using the Groniad, that persistently error strewn rag, as your proof ?

We sold just over 32,500 tickets Czarky, the fact that you want to try to challenge that figure which was released by the club at the time, yes they actually used to tell us stuff back in the day, and are desperately trying to drop the figure by a measly 2.5k based on nowt is testimony to how far you have fallen and how sad you have become, sit down for a minute son and take a good hard look at yourself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Maybe a couple of thousand bought tickets but stayed at home feckin their sisters?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Chill out Tis. Just pointing out a couple of your exaggerations.

To be fair getting close to 30k is good going for a club of your size. Though the novelty of New Wembley would have artificially boosted those figures. Taking ten thousand less the next time would be a figure most people would take as about 'par' for your lot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Wow, you googled it and are now using the Groniad, that persistently error strewn rag, as your proof ?

We sold just over 32,500 tickets Czarky, the fact that you want to try to challenge that figure which was released by the club at the time, yes they actually used to tell us stuff back in the day, and are desperately trying to drop the figure by a measly 2.5k based on nowt is testimony to how far you have fallen and how sad you have become, sit down for a minute son and take a good hard look at yourself.
Tis, nool was was right all along, you exeter trolls are all lying bastardo's : lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
To be fair getting close to 30k is good going for a club of your size. Though the novelty of New Wembley would have artificially boosted those figures. Taking ten thousand less the next time would be a figure most people would take as about 'par' for your lot.

You're right, getting well over 30k was pretty good going, quite a bit more than your mob managed for your trip to the old place apparently.

'Par' is an interesting concept here, the Turks didn't take nearly as many in two visits, we have to take account of the distance, Cambridge outnumbered us but they are a club with a stronger history and a lot less distance to travel, they also took far less the following year when the place must have been like a morgue with the Yellow platoon not getting even close to filling the bottom tier.

Second time up had a far better feel as the subduing effect of the day trippers was missing, at times, when we were under pressure second half, it just seemed the team was feeding off the energy in the crowd, ah, happy days.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:23 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Tis, nool was was right all along, you exeter trolls are all lying bastardo's : lol!

I expected better from you Suffers, kissing the Nool butt on a matter of such little consequence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

Can we stop this now? move along nothing to see here geek
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You're right, getting well over 30k was pretty good going, quite a bit more than your mob managed for your trip to the old place apparently.

'Par' is an interesting concept here, the Turks didn't take nearly as many in two visits, we have to take account of the distance, Cambridge outnumbered us but they are a club with a stronger history and a lot less distance to travel, they also took far less the following year when the place must have been like a morgue with the Yellow platoon not getting even close to filling the bottom tier.

Second time up had a far better feel as the subduing effect of the day trippers was missing, at times, when we were under pressure second half, it just seemed the team was feeding off the energy in the crowd, ah, happy days.

Buzzin Tis! Sounds just like this sort of atmosphere...!

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Buzzin Tis! Sounds just like this sort of atmosphere...!

Close, but no cigar I am afraid, we Brits don't do that whole mad as a box of frogs thing.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:37 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Maybe a couple of thousand bought tickets but stayed at home feckin their sisters?

Very Happy cyclops Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:47 pm

nzgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Very Happy cyclops Very Happy

Dammit,i see you're in Australia not NZ.I was going to ask you to do something about the feckin bad light currently delaying the test match.

BTW,what time is it in Gabba land ATM? Just curious as to why the test is starting so early-can't ever recall ever being able to watch a test match from NZ in waking hours over here,they used to go right through the night.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Why they're playing in Dunedin baffles me. The % chance of rain there at this time of the year is absurd. Apparently the groundsmen are getting the covers on as I type...mothafookas
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Was looking forward to watching a bit of cricket as well. Probably have to talk to the missus now.

I was reading about Finn's new shorter run up that will possibly mean he bowls at 100mph. Quite how having a shorter run up makes him bowl faster but the bowling coach has spotted something that will lead to lots of quicker bowling now. He says 90mph will be the new 80mph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:13 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

I expected better from you Suffers, kissing the Nool butt on a matter of such little consequence.
You are quite right tis, bringing the beast from the east into this thread was a schoolboy error, i apologise unreservedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football League Show   Football League Show - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Football League Show
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next