Grovehill
Greenskin
Dougie
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 am

The term "deal breaker" amuses me, this term applies to any fan or group of fans knowing and understanding the utter madness of Brent's deal to buy the club. Maybe the term hope certificate relates to Brent's hope that the bucket rattlers will manage to buy the club for him? At the time of Brent's takeover when I asked questions, aided and abetted by Grovey, I was labelled "loose cannon, mental, a poster with dubious morals" I recieved pm's from the pbay big boys pleading with me to not rock the boat and scupper the deal. And why? Because I was asking for details such as these. Brent's cash flow projection and business plan shows him being able to run a successful team and pay back the staff money. At the time I knew that it was a ludicrous plan, the FA knew it was a ludicrous plan, I think it's only Esmer that is being fooled by the pasoti top table now. Due to Brent and his jam boys we are the eunuchs of the football league, spread betting the clubs assets, stripping the valuable land from the club and all debts being put off for a rainy day whilst being covered with a layer of fog make me dubious of Brent and always has done, the concerns that saw me banned from pasoti for asking questions about an owner that has the club at its lowest league position ever in its history.
I feel I am due an apology, I will accept one in the form of a mural.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Old News, move along nothing to see here!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Rickler wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

There is a big sting in the tail here I feel, but don't worry, James Brent lipped quivered on Saturday so it's all ok, and the fanfests will continue to pay another of his debts.

Important point here...

It is NOT Brents' debt. It is the clubs debt and that debt is to be paid back by the fans.

Brent is only 'underwriting' that debt.

Brent is underwriting the debt, but the fans of the club cannot be held liable for paying it back. That would be like Tescos going bust and their customers having to pay the creditors.

As far as a 'hope certificate' goes, I've never heard of that in a financial context. The only area in which I've come across it is if an educational institution is asked for a student's potential grades by a prospective employer. What they send is known as a hope certificate.
Back to top Go down

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:48 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

There is a big sting in the tail here I feel, but don't worry, James Brent lipped quivered on Saturday so it's all ok, and the fanfests will continue to pay another of his debts.

Important point here...

It is NOT Brents' debt. It is the clubs debt and that debt is to be paid back by the fans.

Brent is underwriting the debt, but the fans of the club cannot be held liable for paying it back. That would be like Tescos going bust and their customers having to pay the creditors.

As far as a 'hope certificate' goes, I've never heard of that in a financial context. The only area in which I've come across it is if an educational institution is asked for a student's potential grades by a prospective employer. What they send is known as a hope certificate.

But the fans will pay it back PP, just as they have been blackmailed to do recently (no fans fest = no Brent interest & no wages = no club), in a roundabout way.

However, this is old news.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:29 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Important point here...

The fans will be paying it back as the more success on the pitch = higher gates, higher gates = better players, which could mean higher division football and if the club gets to the championship again, i believe the mastpoint payments come from the higher tv money, so yes the fans will be paying it, but really does it matter, if we are in the championship and say mastpoint take 10% of the tv money, WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:39 pm

125+1 wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Important point here...

The fans will be paying it back as the more success on the pitch = higher gates, higher gates = better players, which could mean higher division football and if the club gets to the championship again, i believe the mastpoint payments come from the higher tv money, so yes the fans will be paying it, but really does it matter, if we are in the championship and say mastpoint take 10% of the tv money, WE ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

It won't happen with these tw@ts in charge and any future owner would be saddled with the same financial commitments. As some of us said at the time, we'd be better off being liquidated and start again.................................as long as the self promoting dimwits and their jester hatted poodles are kept out of the picture.
Back to top Go down

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Is the debt owed to Mastpoint subject to usual 6 year statute
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Interesting the "The President" now passes us a snippet that indicates he knew the details of Brent's deal to take over PAFC. Did he also know that the staff would get shafted, sorry, "agree" to having to wait up to five years for the money they are owed. And did he also see the Business Plan that the FL were doubtful about? And did he point out that 8000 was a tad optimistic?

I think people like Webb and his sidekick will be thoroughly embarrassed/ashamed when the truth finally comes out about what they knew about JB's schemes and why they not only went along with it, but also played a pivotal role in creating an ideal climate for JB to get what he wanted on his own terms
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 7:04 pm

If we get back the championship ( can`t see it happening anytime soon and its very big if) we will need every penny to invest in new players and push on for the holy grail of football the premiership.We don`t wan`t to be saddled with debt it will hold us back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mastpoint   Mastpoint - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mastpoint
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2