Freathy
Dougie
Warny
Chemical Ali
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Fletcher Welcomes DOF Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:19 pm

Quote :
Plymouth Argyle manager Carl Fletcher has welcomed the club's decision to appoint a director of football.
Last week Argyle announced they were searching for someone to head up the football side of the business.
"It's good just to have someone with a bit of experience who's been there and done it that you can bounce a few ideas off," he told BBC South West Sport.
"With someone who has experience and someone you respect, you listen to their answers and take it on board."

It will be the second time that Fletcher has had a director of football with him in just over a year as Argyle boss.
In January, John Deehan was appointed as a mentor for Fletcher, but the director of football Argyle are looking for now will have a more wide-ranging brief, taking charge of the entire footballing side of the League Two club.
"I'm still young, it's my first job and I'm still learning," Fletcher said.
"It's the same with the people upstairs so it'll be good to get someone in who wants to do well and do well for the football club.
"In terms of this club, there's been a real lack of football people around the place.
"We've got some great people on the board money-wise and commercially, but in terms of people with football knowledge it's a little bit sparse.“

"I'm new into management and James Brent is new to running a football club so we're both learning as we go along."
And Fletcher says he expects other clubs to follow Argyle's lead and bring in a director of football.
"From my point of view it's the way football's going to be run in the next three or four years, that's going to be the norm," added Fletcher.
"The coaches and managers take care of the day-to-day football stuff and there's someone around them to do the office stuff."

BBC LINK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm

I read that and simply laughed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Ferguson had better watch out, Brent and Fletch know better FFS!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:47 pm

If this is how Fletch sees a DoF: "The coaches and managers take care of the day-to-day football stuff and there's someone around them to do the office stuff." would you really drag your ass down here to work with him (or above him)? Does he really think that taking the paper work away will suddenly make him tactically smart? I hope he's bricking himself over this appointment because he's been found out by everyone... oh yes, except the board.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:29 pm

It's a first in football. First club to hire a Director of Paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:12 pm

I read that in stunned disbelief. Quite simply we're f***ed. There is no hope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Dougie wrote:

My second chuckle lol!

What's so sad though is that is exactly what this poor fella, whoever he is, will be!

Unfekingbelievable!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:51 pm

He really is thick as shit isnt he?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Rather odd that this wasn't realised last summer,especially when an apparently successful arrangement had already been tried and tested for a period of several months with Deehan.Did they think that the paperwork side of things was suddenly going to disappear? Curioser and curiouser.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Does the PR dept vet this guy before he does interviews? It's getting embarrassing and I'm surprised Brent isn't sitting head in hands when wonder kid spills the beans. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Hopefully the first task of the new man will be to get rid of Fletcher and his coaching staff and appoint somebody who knows what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:06 pm

With someone who has experience and someone you respect, you listen to their answers and take it on board."

CF "Do you think I've got what it takes to be a good Manager?"

DoF "No"

CF "Fair enough, I'll be off then"

DoF "Bye"
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 am

Herald latest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting Fletcher on Deehan

Quote :
"For me to get better, it's important to get the right person in."

Former Norwich City and Wigan Athletic manager John Deehan had a spell as Argyle's director of football towards the end of last season but his contract was not renewed in the summer.

"It was a different time and different circumstances then," said Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 am

Quote :

For me to get better??? Any normal club would have sacked your useless arse last season you clueless idiot!!!!! You're a complete waste of space. Get out.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
He really is thick as shit isnt he?

Been trying to tell people that since the outset.

Did I ever tell you that the fat tw@t who sits in the directors' box for no obvious reason, is a wrongun too ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:59 am

Dougie wrote:
Herald latest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Interesting Fletcher on Deehan

Quote :

Former Norwich City and Wigan Athletic manager John Deehan had a spell as Argyle's director of football towards the end of last season but his contract was not renewed in the summer.

"It was a different time and different circumstances then," said Fletcher.

Really, we're we really good and heading for promotion then?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 am

From the farm...............

To be fair he is probably our highest paid player yet at the same time massively under performing this season.

That said it just adds to the shambles that is Plymouth Argyle at present.

Brent you talked the talk in the beginning and you are still trying. Unfortunately you are failing to deliver massively. You thought people wanted fancy memberships, kid zones, a supporters board etc etc etc.

Hopefully you are starting to realize all they want is a successful football team. With out this none of the other guff matters.

Guess who Brent has been listening to ? The all singing, all dancing, Deepthroating Windsor Boys. Geddon James lol!

Read my signature below and inwardly digest. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and now, everything about the club reflects that fact. VILLAGE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 am

The self promotion reaches epic proportions in the soap opera that is PAFC.

Aslong as we have murials all is well in the world.

Maybe when we go into admin again Nool can auction them off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:26 am

we seriously need a head banging wall icon on here sums up the clubs stance on Fletcher

Mind you last time we were in financial melt down the club refused to sack Luggy for a whole year when he was producing worse results.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:29 am

Quote :
"I'm new into management and James Brent is new to running a football club so we're both learning as we go along."

Right.

And seemingly unable to comprehend that sending out the same shit team with strikers who couldn't score in 10,000 brothels will result in the same outcome week after week constitutes 'learning' does it?

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:33 am

I just wish he'd fok off and do his 'learning' to the detriment of some other club than Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Dougie wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, Argyle's new Director of Paperwork Football - James' brother:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:25 pm

Steve Perryman was approached about the DoF job at Argyle-about 30 seconds before he had his heart attack!

Curbishley has turned it down-- wants to return to full time football.

David Icke has refused the offer-says he may be mad, but he's not crazy!

Freddie Starr's interested--thinks it'll help his "Guilty but insane" plea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Welcomes DOF   Fletcher Welcomes DOF Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher Welcomes DOF
Page 1 of 1