+3
Dingle
Dougie
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:25 am

Plymouth Argyle is the cheapest place to watch League Two football, according to BBC Sport's Price of Football study.

The least expensive adult ticket at the south coast club is £12, although that is £2 more expensive than the cheapest ticket in the Championship.

As for a day out at Home Park - a ticket, a programme, a cup of tea and a pie - would cost an adult £19.60.

Third in all leagues

Only three other professional clubs - Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town and Derby County - offer cheaper days out

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 7:40 am

How have they worked that out? £12.00 for an adult ticket. Over 65 and Student tickets are concessionary and Lyndhurst and Devonport for that is £15. White Membership concession is £75 - divide that by 6 and that's £12.50. It looks like they've divided by 23 the cost of a concession Green Membership.

I'm surprised Exeter charge £480 for a season ticket (although I don't trust the article that much given the above).

If I was a non concession adult wanting to buy a ticket, it's £20.

That's rubbish journalism from the BBC as they've used the 'facts' inconsistently.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:49 am

hairy j wrote:
How have they worked that out? £12.00 for an adult ticket. Over 65 and Student tickets are concessionary and Lyndhurst and Devonport for that is £15. White Membership concession is £75 - divide that by 6 and that's £12.50. It looks like they've divided by 23 the cost of a concession Green Membership.

I'm surprised Exeter charge £480 for a season ticket (although I don't trust the article that much given the above).

If I was a non concession adult wanting to buy a ticket, it's £20.

That's rubbish journalism from the BBC as they've used the 'facts' inconsistently.

Just on the subject of BBC is Sparksy gone? No football Saturday or on the radio today (put on by accident)

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:57 am

All it goes to show is that football is too expensive across the board.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 am

Dougie wrote:
All it goes to show is that football is too expensive across the board.

Germany top teams £10, most teams are run by their trust not a development man, two puppets and a lot of sheep

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 am

I've just written to the BBC asking how I can get a ticket for Saturday's game for £12.50.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:46 am

Can't see anyone associated with the club trumpeting the fact we have the most expensive cheapest season tickets* (*memberships my arse). Apparently you have to do some maths to get to £12.50. But Argyle defintely think the cheapest match day seat for a non concession adult is £20. Pehaps they need to update their marketing speil.

Back to top Go down
Dingle

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 am

Fortunately I'm not disabled or over 65, so the cheapest seat for me is £20.

Where did the BBC get their figures from if not the club. Was it the same employee who decided to include children in the PASBoard election? Will anyone from the club be contacting the BBC to give the correct figures?

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am

I know I'll get into trouble for this but the truth is out there mate

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1
@markgilbert70 it's the breakdown price of cheapest ticket mate. Ie membership or family ticket

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1
@ze_daddsinho based on membership breakdown game by game
Back to top Go down

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:30 am

Dougie wrote:

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1
@markgilbert70 it's the breakdown price of cheapest ticket mate. Ie membership or family ticket

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1

Watch out, he'll accuse you of stalking him.

Even though his twitter is open to the public Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:41 am

Yea Man wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1

Watch out, he'll accuse you of stalking him.

Even though his twitter is open to the public Laughing

Who would want to follow a Twit like him? sorry the sheep.

A man who sold his soul to the money men.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Not the first time we've seen these two words together... not the last lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Dingle

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm

I've had an email from Stuart Rowson at the BBC. He confirms that PAFC have now told him that the £12.50 ticket relates to a disabled over 65 fan sitting in the disabled stand. So not really representative of the majority of the fanbase is it.

Back to top Go down

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Dingle wrote:
I've had an email from Stuart Rowson at the BBC. He confirms that PAFC have now told him that the £12.50 ticket relates to a disabled over 65 fan sitting in the disabled stand. So not really representative of the majority of the fanbase is it.

No. representatives of the fanbase get to sit in the Directors Box for free cheers
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:46 pm

Dougie wrote:

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1

Quote :
Chris Webb ‏@Chris_Webb1

Quote :

So who is correct?

I think we should be told

And who provided the info for the Beeb in the first place I wonder.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Sleep ffs get out more,
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 pm

BBC have now updated their website and explained that the figure quoted related to disabled supporters.

OK tcm I'm now going out

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dingle wrote:

No. representatives of the fanbase get to sit in the Directors Box for free cheers

lol! pig
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Dougie

Dougie

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Beeb have updated the story

Quote :
Burton Albion is the cheapest place to watch League Two football, according to BBC Sport's Price of Football study.

The least expensive adult ticket at the Staffordshire club is £14, although that is £4 more expensive than the cheapest ticket in the Championship.

A day out at the Pirelli Stadium - a ticket, a programme, a cup of tea and a pie - would cost an adult £20.80.

It was thought Plymouth were the cheapest but the £12 ticket supplied to the BBC was actually for disabled fans
Back to top Go down

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:03 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dingle wrote:

The only free cheese is in a mouse trap. cat

I have to say, what is the point of mainstream media giving out information that almost infers a standardised price, when in fact it is a price not available to 95% + of customers.
One wonders just where this information came from and the research checks conducted to arrive at such nonsense.

And then these big corporations wonder why ordinary people in their hundreds of millions have taken it upon themselves to use the internet to spread the word of the REAL world we inhabit, rather than sit passively and listen to bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Lets hope no one is persuaded to go to home park on the 'promise' of £12.50 admission!
Back to top Go down

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:15 pm

So it actually turns out we are pretty much the most expensive in League 2. The total day out price is actually £27.60, and not the figure quoted in the survey, and the "membership" costing £340 is only beaten by Southend as the most expensive.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:44 am

It's not a cheap hobby, average cost for me coming down is something like £20 to get in, £4 train from Newton, prog £3, couple pints about £6, bit of food in town about £5, bus to ground about quid. Looking at £40 thats alot of dosh for at the end of the day near the bottom league 2 football. I would say I'm on a reasonable salary compared to some in South Devon, but I am starting to watch the pennies. A lot of people fork out a lot more I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plymouth cheapest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth cheapest   Plymouth cheapest Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth cheapest
Page 1 of 1