Rene Gilmartin
Rhys Griffiths
Jamie Lowry
Paris Cowan Hall
Andres Gurrieri
Johhny Gorman
Alex Macdonald
Guy Madjo

Carl Fletcher has signed 8 players over the summer, and just one of those players started the game and just 2 featured, 4 of those players are currently injured and we are given no indication as to whether they will come back

Cole - signed by reid
berry - signed by reid
purse - signed by RIDSDALE
blanchard - one of the few good fletcher signings
Williams - signed by reid
macca - fletcher signing
Hourihane - signed by reid
Young - already at club
bhasera - already at club
Feeney - signed by Reid

My ratings for today anyway...

Cole - 4 - could have saved the penalty, should have saved the second.
Berry - 8 - did well to be honest
Purse - 5 - Very average
Blanchard - 4 - not great
Williams - 6 - average, good goal
Macdonald - 7 - little bit of flare
Young - 2 - utterly dreadful
Hourihane - 3 - dreadful
Bhasera - 7 - he was fine
Feeney - 5 - couldn't do much

HUGE PROBLEMS AT ARGYLE
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:43 pm

where is Wotton's rating? he was shit today as i said in another post on here if i were him i would retire tomorrow he is past it
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Utter utter crap.
Last season and now i cannot and will not understand the hype surrounding Luke Young..... average at best.
I suppose when its a "Janner Bey" involved the locals tend to let their head rule their heart..look at Paul Wotton FFS
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 pm

I would give Wotton a 6, our midfield was slaughtered as soon as he was subbed.

And fully agree with punchdrunk, Young is VERY overrated, he's not even average, he is terrible.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Wholesale changes needed for tuesday - both positionally and personnel - wise.

I'd go

Cole

Berry
Purse
Nelson
ATD's Williams

Gorman
Blanchard
Young
Bhasera

Griffiths (if fit - Madjo if not)
Macdonald
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:59 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Wholesale changes needed for tuesday - both positionally and personnel - wise.

I'd go

Cole

Berry
Purse
Nelson
ATD's Williams

Gorman
Blanchard
Young
Bhasera

Griffiths (if fit - Madjo if not)
Macdonald

I want to see MacDonald playing up front for us i think he is more natural there
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Carl Fletcher will start this team on tuesday night.

Cole
Berry, Purse, Blanchard, Williams
Macdonald, Young, Wotton, Hourihane, Bhasera
Feeney

!
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:04 pm

I'm not sure Wotton will be fit, which is why he didn't make the cut on my proposed XI.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:05 pm

Drop young......indefinatly, put him in the reserves where he belong, get sick-note Lowry in or pay off his contract, failing that get a another loan in...even a non league player, they couldn't do any worse.
All our central midfield today were utter dogshit, Wotton, Hourihane and Young.Pay 5-10 players off, give them their marching orders...starting with Carl Fletcher, get a proven manager in and turn this shambles around,expunge the superfans from the club....make Webb resign in disgrace..strip him of all his silly hats and titles
Time to grow some balls JB, turn this crap around,put the ghosts to bed, play decent football and the fans will come back, 8,000-9,000 per game for league 2, its been done before and will do again.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:07 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Drop young......indefinatly, put him in the reserves where he belong, get sick-note Lowry in or pay off his contract, failing that get a another loan in...even a non league player, they couldn't do any worse.
All our central midfield today were utter dogshit, Wotton, Hourihane and Young.Pay 5-10 players off, give them their marching orders...starting with Carl Fletcher, get a proven manager in and turn this shambles around,expunge the superfans from the club....make Webb resign in disgrace..strip him of all his silly hats and titles
Time to grow some balls JB, turn this crap around,put the ghosts to bed, play decent football and the fans will come back, 8,000-9,000 per game for league 2, its been done before and will do again.

I find it says a lot when the following players are injured

Fletcher's signings:
Gilmartin
Griffiths
Cowan Hall
Lowry

Reid's signings:
nobody

What is the point of Gurrieri, Lennox and Gorman being at the club?
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 pm

I had to laugh at El prezidente's comment of needing to get Lowry and griffiths back.
Back ?!!.... they haven't even arrived yet.... but they sure as hell are a handy excuse as to why Fletcher isn't performing.... now that they can't use the old "it's not his own team" routine.
After the disasters of the injury prone years of Sturrock and the rather loud warnings from fans regarding the injury problems of Griffiths and Lowry, you would have thought the manager would have looked elsewhere, but oh no.
Still, you employ injured people, and you get injured people. Perhaps Welsh myth tells it differently.
Sounds like Argyle played to the top of their ability today for long periods, yet still shipped 3 goals to a club in administration. Says it all... what on earth will happen when they play badly.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 pm

I think it says a lot that Port Vale are in administration!

We cannot continue using that excuse!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Rene Gilmartin
Rhys Griffiths
Jamie Lowry
Paris Cowan Hall
Andres Gurrieri
Johhny Gorman
Alex Macdonald
Guy Madjo

Carl Fletcher has signed 8 players over the summer, and just one of those players started the game and just 2 featured, 4 of those players are currently injured and we are given no indication as to whether they will come back

He has been a bit unfortunate with injuries, with PCH, Griffiths and Gilmartin being out, although I doubt Gilmartin would be playing even if fit. Don't count Lowry's injury as being unlucky, if you sign a player who failed a medical a few weeks previously because of 'a number of concerns' about his fitness, you get what you deserve.

Having said that it did strike me as strange that we have Gorman and Madjo on the bench. What's the point of bringing loan players in to fill the bench? Madjo was an 'emergency loan' - what exactly was the emergency? We desperately need a guy to come on and play the last 10 minutes!

You could also argue that its a reflection of maybe the amount of money available to strengthen the squad. Did we really think that guys deemed surplus to requirements at teams like Burton and Aldershot, a couple of players from the depths on non-league and a few young loanees from the Championship were really going to turn the clubs fortunes around? We've been shopping in the basement bin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:38 pm

My understanding is that Lowry was crocked by a tackle that hit his ankle. That doesn't make him a 'sick-note'. That kind of thing could happen to anyone. (But I've argued that one before).

I have heard that Griffiths will be back next weekend - I hope he is fit for Tuesday.

Whether Griffiths is fit or not for Tuesday the personnel and the players have to be changed.

I'd go for:
Cole

Berry Purse Blanchard ATD's Williams

McDonald Wooton Hourihane Bhasera

Lecointe Griffiths (or Madjo)

I really struggled to find a mid-field that could do the job. Lecointe or Griffiths could provide something up front but, if the service isn't there, there's no point.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm

The baggo match report says we were "simply magnificent" in the first half!

Still no reply to my tweet from Gordon Sparks, where I merely asked for a mention for ATD as we sponsor Robbie Williams, not a thing, plenty of mentions of Pasoti and Ian Newell during the commentary.

From that I take it Sparksy is no fan of ATD, and is firmly in the Pasoti camp.

If that is the case, then Gordon is a moron. And a cnut to boot.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Still no reply to my tweet from Gordon Sparks, where I merely asked for a mention for ATD as we sponsor Robbie Williams, not a thing, plenty of mentions of Pasoti and Ian Newell during the commentary.

Hes a cnut...pure and simple, i have never liked his biased and shit commentary, one never knows who has scored..if at all the way he goes on at times.He also seems to ride on a wave of local sympathy when his position is threatened ,again its the "Janner Bey" mentality of the locals putting sentimentality before sensible, heart before head (sounds familiar!!!)
Hes a greasy, slimy little oink with his hands in too many little pies..i look forward to Argyle without the likes of him
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 pm

I for one hope that Wotton does not play on Tuesday or franckly ever again.He is a true Argyle legend and does not deserve the humiliation of being forced to play when he is so clearly completely passed it.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:38 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I think the dictionaries would have to be rewritten to include that to be worthy of the term "magnificent". Good is the best I could offer.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Jamie Lowry's abilities appear, to some in a place I shall not mention, to be taking on almost mythical proportions. This is a player whose career points firmly towards him being a utility player. His 'return' will only add another workman like player to a squad bogged down with mediocrity and fear.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rapson flying the party flag as usual.....Arsehole
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Fletchers shellshocked by today's defeat. You woulda thought the prick would be used to it by now!

Try fuckin supporting the shit then Carl. It's embarrassing.

I used to be proud to support Argyle and let everyone know it. Now I wouldn't dare mention it unless someone asked.

Please somebody sort this shit out, it's not funny anymore.

We've played 3 home games and been beaten by Aldershot and port vale, and due to injuries forcing desperate measures where a defender went up front, we managed to beat Northampton. All this despite having the largest squad in this league and one of the highest average gates.

Not to worry though, we got piggy racing on soon, that'll cheer everyone up and give us w much needed morale boost, which will intensify once the gold postboxes are in place.

I don't want much in life. I don't want a flash car and a mansion, or exotic holidays. I'm happy with my family and would just like my club back. Not this car crash of a situation where we have 25 of the poorest footballers in professional football being led by a rookie manager who was our captain while we plummeted down the leagues, being assisted by a rookie coach, and all being led by someone who knows less about football than my microwave oven, who wants to turn watching a football match into a cross between a rugby match and a boy scout jamboree while turning central park into a hideous middle class amusement park.

Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:28 am

Honestly which other club would appoint a 31 year old (at the time) CM? Its f*cking ridiculous, get him out now! No
Back to top Go down
gasser9

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:21 am

Old Timer wrote:
I for one hope that Wotton does not play on Tuesday or franckly ever again.He is a true Argyle legend and does not deserve the humiliation of being forced to play when he is so clearly completely passed it.

Cannot agree with that at all.
He is the only midfielder with any steel as Young and Hourihane are too lightweight for this league.
At least with Wotton you get someone who is looking for the ball while others just go missing.
I agree he's probably not our long term future but right now we need him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:44 am

Greenjock wrote:

I meet him once at the mustard tree (Derriford) I mention posting on the farm, he wasn't over the moon with them as he is now, Leopards can change their spots. Like his program for Plymouth info but not his over size personality.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:49 am

I actually thought Wooton did ok yesterday. He was solid in stopping their attacking play. He may not have the legs but he does a good enough job. The trouble is, if he isn't on the pitch, we have nobody comparable to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THOUGHTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS Empty

Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next