HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plymouth Cricket Club

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Plymouth Cricket Club Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:40 am

Was wandering around central park and I came across what used to be their old pitch.

:-(

What happened? Have they moved or folded?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:47 am

I think Staplewallet bought it and threw them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:57 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Was wandering around central park and I came across what used to be their old pitch.

:-(

What happened? Have they moved or folded?

They now play at Mount Wise.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:58 am

At the Utd Services ground?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:08 am

Not sure what the ground's called, but it's in the new Mount Wise Village development, on Devonport Hill.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can see a GoS type picture progress of the new Pavillion.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Looks good and a decent location. If only I could have my time again............. sighs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Looks good and a decent location. If only I could have my time again............. sighs.

I played there last season. I hope they're investing in new sightscreens as well as a new Pavilion. As the gloom gathered when I was batting, the ball was coming out of a clump of trees and was almost impossible to see - the old sightscreens were basically a couple of weathered bedsheets tied to a frame.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm

You mean like these Andy ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tring Park, cricket club and local bitter is what I miss the most. Two more years and I'll be back every summer............. all summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:51 pm

That's a lovely looking clubhouse, far more luxurious than any I used last year lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:55 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
That's a lovely looking clubhouse, far more luxurious than any I used last year lol!

It is a beautiful ground too Andy. Northants used to play the old John Player Sunday league games there, before they got greedy and wanted guaranteed money, rain or shine. Always got a crowd of 4/5k too.
My most memorable day was in 1986 when the Richards & Garner had just been sacked by Somerset and Botham had 'walked' with them. We hosted a benefit game for Garner against our club in which all three played plus the likes of Gladstone Small and Derek Pringle. I had the experience of keeping wicket in front of a 5k crowd and Richards & Botham at the crease together, in their pomp. Made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck !

One little story from the day. Joel was asked by an attractive young lady, how tall he was and whether everything was in proportion. He replied,'Six foot nine and if everthing in proportion lady, I be eight foot eight !' lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Cricket Club   Plymouth Cricket Club Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Cricket Club
Page 1 of 1