Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 1:02 pm

seadog wrote:
I see the French are insisting on stamping every Brit's passport now!

They never used to, why now?

No wonder there are small queues at Dover.

Answer because they are as bitter as you are. The queues, according to Eurotunnel are not down to an "incident" but due to the French turning up late for work, done deliberately on the first day of the holidays knowing that all the moaning queens like yourself will jam social media with your whining.
What about all the chaos at the airports? Caused by fatcat airline bosses not staffing the baggage handling areas and ground staff because they didn't know the holiday season was coming? Was that Brexit or Boris? FFS have a day off and realign your sights on the people causing the problems.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 1:16 pm

From the Brexit hating BEEB.

Finally we’re on the train - six hours after setting off from south east London, with almost a four-hour delay sat on the A20 in Kent.

The usual route is via the M20, but with that closed we had to go the back way through Kentish towns and villages.

After the stop-start crawl, doubling back from the final roundabout to the Eurotunnel slip road, we reached two police officers who seemed to be controlling the flow of traffic to the Eurotunnel entrance.

A slow crawl to the ticket booth, then a remarkably easy trip through English passport control.

The only good part of the day? A French border official opened up his booth in front of us.

“Bonjour!” I said. No response. Once he’d made himself comfortable and adjusted his chair he stamped our passports.

“Merci!” I tried again. Nothing. C’est la vie.

Now please tell me how this is any different from what happened before Brexit? I have used the channel ports and tunnel literally dozens of times in my life and I never remember a time when you don't don't need a passport to cross into France, despite the Schengen agreement we have always needed a passport, you didn't to travel in the EU but you have never ever been able to board a plane, ferry or tunnel to France without one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Lol.

The French let us down badly', says Dover MP
Dover MP Natalie Elphicke says it’s another “really busy and difficult day” as another major incident is declared in Kent.

“Yesterday the French let us down badly,” she tells the BBC.

Although she welcomes the “good news that they’re manning those passport controls today”, she expects queues will continue to be “considerable”.

She dismisses suggestions the delays are Brexit-related, instead calling for “more investment” at the ports.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 7:05 am

I agree more investment is needed, strange it wasn't done months ago.

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 9:35 am

seadog wrote:
I agree more investment is needed, strange it wasn't done months ago.

But you don't agree that the French at pulling out all the stops to cause as much disruption as possible? They are very much like our useless fucktards known as Border Force.
This situation is being very much driven by all the air passengers who don't fancy going through partly manned airports so decided to go to Europe instead, we should all boycott France and the airlines for that matter.meanwhile all the bosses are looking forward to their next bonuses.
The only silver lining is all the people like you that want to see the UK failing in every area will be rubbing their hands with glee throwing darts at their Boris posters.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 11:31 am

Take back control of our borders was one the main slogans that the mindless sheep lapped up. Well, that's just what the French have done, they're controlling their border. Freedom of movement doesn't just apply to those dreadful EU foreigners coming over here - it applies the other way as well, much to the chagrin and the spluttering indignation of the rabid brexiteers.

Enjoy it, it's what you voted for.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:02 pm

Ted Heath got us into this mess back in the 1970's......we came to our senses in 2016.....it will take us many years to be totally free from it all.

Remember the French have yet to forgive us for defeating their beloved Napoleon Bonaparte....and that was over two hundred years ago.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:17 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Take back control of our borders was one the main slogans that the mindless sheep lapped up. Well, that's just what the French have done, they're controlling their border. Freedom of movement doesn't just apply to those dreadful EU foreigners coming over here - it applies the other way as well, much to the chagrin and the spluttering indignation of the rabid brexiteers.

Our Border Controls with the French has nothing to do with Brexit.

We had Passport Border Controls before the EU.....and that never changed when we joined...because we were sensible enough not to join the SHENGEN AREA and continued a passport control for travel purposes.

The chaos at Dover is to do with French Passport Controllers....not turning up for work at the start of the UK holiday season...(lazy sods).....surely not a coincident....the French aren't that petty minded are they.....you better believe it .....we only came to their rescue during WW2 to protect our own borders.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:48 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Absolute bullshit on all levels. The rabid French are deliberately understaffing the border posts knowing that when they cause chaos you and yours will lap it up with glee and blame us. Genuine question, when have you ever managed to travel to Spain without a passport? Answer you never have, and question two how much longer does it take to stamp a passport after you have checked it? four hours, ten hours or twenty one hours? Answers on a postcard addressed to Nigel Farage, No 1 Sunlit Uplands Drive, Nr. Dover.
The problem we have on this side is all the civil service moaners determined to make it not work as well, I would sack the lot of them and strip them of their pensions, twats.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 12:50 pm

zyph wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Our Border Controls with the French has nothing to do with Brexit.

We had Passport Border Controls before the EU.....and that never changed when we joined...because we were sensible enough not to join the SHENGEN AREA and continued a passport control for travel purposes.

The chaos at Dover is to do with French Passport Controllers....not turning up for work at the start of the UK holiday season...(lazy sods).....surely not a coincident....the French aren't that petty minded are they.....you better believe it .....we only came to their rescue during WW2 to protect our own borders.

I've spent six hours plus trying to get into France several times in the last ten or fifteen years, but all the remoaners think those delays were valid.
Back to top Go down
Savageandstrand

Savageandstrand

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 1:17 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Answer because they are as bitter as you are. The queues, according to Eurotunnel are not down to an "incident" but due to the French turning up late for work, done deliberately on the first day of the holidays knowing that all the moaning queens like yourself will  jam social media with your whining.
What about all the chaos at the airports? Caused by fatcat airline bosses not staffing the baggage handling areas and ground staff because they didn't know the holiday season was coming? Was that Brexit or Boris? FFS have a day off and realign your sights on the people causing the problems.

You're absolutely rabid mate
Take a chill pill instead of attacking everyone

We all acknowledge its been a dreadful mistake but whats done is done. I know Wes deep down wants to rejoin as I suspect Sir Keir does likewise but that can wait until they are in power. To push for it now would play into the hands of the Tories

The downside for any possible re admission would certainly mean the Euro having to be adopted
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 2:43 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Answer because they are as bitter as you are. The queues, according to Eurotunnel are not down to an "incident" but due to the French turning up late for work, done deliberately on the first day of the holidays knowing that all the moaning queens like yourself will  jam social media with your whining.

We all acknowledge its been a dreadful mistake but whats done is done. I know Wes deep down wants to rejoin as I suspect Sir Keir does likewise but that can wait until they are in power. To push for it now would play into the hands of the Tories

The downside for any possible re admission would certainly mean the Euro having to be adopted

Speak for yourself. As a matter of fact the more i see of the loathsomely obnoxious and spiteful French doing their level best to feck Britain up ,the more the vote cast in 2016 appears to be the correct choice and it's very difficult to see how anyone who considers themselves British could not feel the same. Britain will never rejoin the EU-do you seriously think that Starmer or anyone else who gets into power would risk 17m votes during their period in office and totally wreck their chances at the next election? It's gone and never will return.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Pick a fight with an old Argyle bhey and you'll find we give as we get mate, Pongo started with "spluttering indignation of the rabid Brexiteers" so deserves plenty back in his face, treat me with respect and you will get answered with respect, I've also been called, thick, racist and a swivel eyed loon, sorry for sharing a different POV with a majority in the UK.
The only mistake made was sort of joining the EU in the first place and it would be political suicide to suggest rejoining as Jo Swinson found when she lost her seat in Parliament and all the Tories including psuedo man of the people Sir Smear knows full well.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 4:02 pm

"Queues at the Port of Dover are said to be down to around half an hour this afternoon, after holidaymakers had to endure two days of lengthy waits at the start of the summer getaway."

Crikey did we secretly rejoin the EU this morning? No it appears the Frogs turned up for work for once.

"A spokesman for the port said the "French border is fully manned and everything is flowing normally"
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Speak for yourself. As a matter of fact the more i see of the loathsomely obnoxious and spiteful French doing their level best to feck Britain up ,the more the vote cast in 2016 appears to be the correct choice and it's very difficult to see how anyone who considers themselves British could not feel the same. Britain will never rejoin the EU-do you seriously think that Starmer or anyone else who gets into power would risk 17m votes during their period in office and totally wreck their chances at the next election? It's gone and never will return.

This in buckets. I will never ever regret voting leave.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 6:43 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Is that why a You Gov poll found that 16% of respondents felt that Brexit was going well? lol!

Of course this is Nothing to do with the Government refusing to fund the infrastructure the Port of Dover needed to handle this clusterfuck then. Its the fault of the French, so much for taking back control

Just like Socialism, when it fails  its ALWAYS someone elses fault.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 9:48 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Savageandstrand wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

Is that why a You Gov poll found that 16% of respondents felt that Brexit was going well? lol!

Of course this is Nothing to do with the Government refusing to fund the infrastructure the Port of Dover needed to handle this clusterfuck then. Its the fault of the French, so much for taking back control

Just like Socialism, when it fails  its ALWAYS someone elses fault.

Not really relevant-it's well possible to be disappointed with some aspects of the way Brexit has panned out but still not regret voting for it and being absolutely prepared to do so again in the minimal likelihood of that scenario arising. As for the blame game-the Port of Dover seemed to be fairly definite about who was culpable for the recent shenanigans, notwithstanding any longer term funding disputes:

"The Port of Dover blamed the queues on French border police providing “woefully inadequate resources”. "

Can't be any more explicit than that.

The last paragraph in your post is a little ironic bearing in mind the tendency for pro EU-ers to entirely blame Brexit for every woe that currently affects Britain and the wider universe [bit surprised that the acid rain on Venus never seems to get a mention] but hey ho, we all see things with our different takes on attribution.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 9:24 am

You don't get it do you.

We chose to become a 3rd country so as to "Take Back Controf Our Borders" and now you're whining that the French are treating the UK as a 3rd country.

You couldn't make it up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:20 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
You don't get it do you.

We chose to become a 3rd country so as to "Take Back Controf Our Borders" and now you're whining that the French are treating the UK as a 3rd country.

You couldn't make it up.
up

No we are whining because the French are deliberately causing chaos to the whole of Dover, endangering people's lives by making the emergency services job impossible to do plus trying to ruin ordinary people's holidays (many of whom probably voted to remain) by not actually manning the eir border posts. No one is expecting them to just leave the doors open but then even whilst in The EU the eye never did that anyway.
We are also moaning that whilst they are deliberately obstructing travel to France, quite legally under an agreement by both the governments I might add, they are standing by and watching criminal gangs whilst they endanger your beloved immigrants lives by putting them to sea in overloaded and not fit for purpose rubber boats.
You really couldn't make it up could you?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:22 am

Let's see the rabid remainers defend this one, lol.

"Disabled drivers are being warned that their blue badges may not be accepted in popular European holiday destinations this summer due to Brexit.

Ministers are negotiating the status of the badges - which were recognised when the UK was in the EU - with 11 nations.

France, Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy are among those "undecided" on recognising the discs, which help people park closer to a destination."
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 11:31 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

"Disabled drivers are being warned that their blue badges may not be accepted in popular European holiday destinations this summer due to Brexit.

Ministers are negotiating the status of the badges - which were recognised when the UK was in the EU - with 11 nations.

France, Spain, Portugal, Greece and Italy are among those "undecided" on recognising the discs, which help people park closer to a destination."

It says ministers are "Negotiating the status of the badges". I don't know what you've got yourself worked up about?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 12:39 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

It says ministers are "Negotiating the status of the badges". I don't know what you've got yourself worked up about?

lol! Why are we having to "negotiate" for our disabled people? And you lot don't understand why we voted out?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 2:26 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

lol! Why are we having to "negotiate" for our disabled people? And you lot don't understand why we voted out

Because the Government decided against equivalence of standards and regulations or more likely  forgot to to include it in the trade deal. 

As I've said when the UK demands to be treated as a 3rd country by the EU, you really shouldn't be so upset when they treat the UK as a 3rd country and when they sort out the self inflicted mess.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 3:50 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

lol! Why are we having to "negotiate" for our disabled people? And you lot don't understand why we voted out

Because the Government decided against equivalence of standards and regulations or more likely  forgot to to include it in the trade deal. 

As I've said when the UK demands to be treated as a 3rd country by the EU, you really shouldn't be so upset when they treat the UK as a 3rd country and when they sort out the self inflicted mess.

So to get your own back at us thick racist leavers you are prepared to see disabled holiday makers treated appallingly? Says a lot about the toxic nature of politics And the country we have become, you should hang your head in shame.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 2:05 am

I don’t know how much more simpler I can make this for you. You voted to end freedom of movement and, freedom of movement ended. .

You cannot tear up an agreement that enshrines this freedom in law and complain you no longer have that freedom. .
It’s not the fault of the French, it’s not the fault of the “remoaners”, it’s not the fault of Brussels, it’s not the fault of Theresa May and it’s not the fault of the EU.

It’s the literal consequence of What. You. Voted. For.

You won get over it .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 31 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next