+3
sufferedsince 68
Tgwu
MikeWN
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 11:39 am

So are we expecting anymore incomings in your opinion before 2300 tonight?  IMO i can see Wootton going at somepoint today but i dont expect anyone else to sign for us.

I would rate this window 7/10

Lewis signing to replace G.Cooper who is out injured seems to be a good player from what i have seen of him.
Ennis and Woods coming in for Telford and Canavan which is pretty much like for better i hope.

I guess you could also included Hardie as a signing too as he is now permanent but he was already here so im not.

I would have liked us to have signed a experienced defender in the Coughlan/Purse like mode to play alongside the young defenders we have and to also help M.Cooper marshal his defence better by helping him but i cant see that happening. Woods i know nothing about i hope can do that obviously without the experience tag but never the less i would have still signed one regardless especially with wootton going and  Sawyer still injured that leaves just Aimson.

But with that said overall im happy with the squad and feel this a squad capable of staying up if we continue to work on our faults mainly defensively. top 10 place isnt out of our reach which would be a fantastic season imo.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 12:59 pm

An experienced CB would have been great. Maybe the new lad will be an old head on young shoulders? Fingers crossed.

I think we'll stay up with something to spare. Top 10 finish would have to be considered a very decent season. I still have vague dreams of a late season run and snatching a playoff spot, but realistically we aren't good enough for that at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 1:01 pm

I would have liked us to have signed a experienced defender in the Coughlan/Purse like mode to play alongside the young defenders we have and to also help M.Cooper marshal his defence

Agree

This young lad is the replacement for Canavan whitch has been stated, so who will replace Wootton? and we already have our quota of loans.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 1:09 pm

I would have liked us to have signed a experienced defender in the Coughlan/Purse like mode to play alongside the young defenders we have and to also help M.Cooper marshal his defence

Agree

This young lad is the replacement for Canavan has stated, so who will replace Wooton? and we have signed our quota of loans.
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:01 pm

well this took me by supprise but frank nouble has left to join colchester united on loan

wasnt a fan of his to be fair but this does leave us a little short on numbers upfront now despite him being a backup.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 4:27 pm

I miss the old days when Jimmy gave Del twenty quid to sign a jobcentre jocko after the window closed.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 5:07 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I miss the old days when Jimmy gave Del twenty quid to sign a jobcentre jocko after the window closed.

laugh laugh
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 5:17 pm

im quite happy to see the back of him and telford to be honest after they took the piss out of a fan on twitter critising the way they played which was awful and they thought it was funny instead to make jokes rather than ignore it.

that attitude alone was enough for me to say that those two had no intention of fighting for a starting role in the team and where just cruising for the money and quite righty ryan got shot of them pretty quickly after those tweets.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 6:17 pm

From Argo website news.
Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “Frank had been a regular starter earlier in the season, but has found game time limited of late.

“He spoke to me, and said that he felt he needed to be guaranteed more football. We could not offer that at the moment.

“When the approach came from Colchester, we spoke to Frank, and he was happy to do it. He wanted to go and perform and earn a contract for next season.

“As I have been clear, I would not want to stand in anyone’s way who wants to move on. I want players fighting for places in the squad that we are building here, and I feel we have made great progress in the January window.

“We thank Frank for his contribution to the team, and wish him well for the rest of the season.”

Sounds likely to me. geek
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 7:00 pm

wootton has gone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 7:24 pm

On loan

Welcome to Wigan

We are pleased to confirm the signing of defender Scott Wootton on loan from Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 9:02 pm

no more buisness tonight confirmed by the herald and ryan lowe.

i was happy with the squad this morning now i feel we have left ourselves open to being short on numbers if injurys or suspensions or a possible covid outbreak happens in defence or attack cause we have one less than we should have for depth.

ryan i hope knows for certain that one of the youngsters is ready to step up like tomlinson and to a lesser extent lolos who is surely in last chance salon now cause its a big gamble hes playing here.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 9:16 pm

This was on Errington twitter

As it stands, I'm not expecting any more ins or outs at Argyle tonight - unless there are some very late developments.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 9:19 pm

I have to say I would be happier if we got another defender in before the window closed.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 11:00 pm

Window closed

may good fortune come to us in the wars to come till the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 5:26 am

We got more than enough to see out the season mid table or higher.
Expect Lowe to address the defence come the summer.

Am impressed that he's offloaded both the Caravan and Wootton and dispatched Frankie and Telford so he's not afraid to ditch players where he may have got it wrong
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 8:14 am

Really surprised Nouble went.

Plus a lad from Palace on loan at CB. Cracking window tbf
Back to top Go down

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 9:31 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

Am impressed that he's offloaded both the Caravan and Wootton and dispatched Frankie and Telford so he's not afraid to ditch players where he may have got it wrong

talking like a true tory there.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 10:13 am

You can still sign out of contract players
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day EmptyTue Feb 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

talking like a true tory there.

I was up to 2012 until I found out what a corrupt bunch of bastards they were starting with Oliver Colville in his office in Exeter St who had very Senior Police officer listening to me providing complete proof that his officers had perverted the course of justice against me 18 months earlier

Both of them absolutely squirming in their seats. I had copies of everything. My final words to them were gentleman am leaving this with you and with a goodbye to Covilles secratary Mrs Hamilton I bade them farewell grinning like a cheshire cat (but not in their direction) as I walked out onto Exeter St

All evidence was completely deleted. I had never been in Colvilles Office. The Police Officer went to ground and Hamilton refused to respond to phone and Emails. They were so so so deep in the shit

At that point after the Police complaints procedure was also immediately closed down I realised what a corrupt bunch of bastards they all were...from that day on I was Labour thro and thro

So Angry you were partly correct
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deadline Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadline Day   Deadline Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadline Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: