Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+23
Freathy
Hugh Midde
VillageGreen
Rickler
PlymptonPilgrim
Greenskin
zyph
Tgwu
Elias
Greenlander
Jim and Wilson
SimonMann52
Tringreen
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Czarcasm
Dog Bone Malone
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
seadog
PAFCJosh
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Won't Brittany ferries charter a smallish steamer type boat thingy and not use one of their massive ferries?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Oysters are coming from the Fal and shellfish all over Devon and Cornwall so I guess the port is academic.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 7:57 pm

Fishing chiefs in Boulogne-sur-Mer, just over an hour from the UK’s maritime border with the EU, have complained they have yet to be granted a licence to fish in the UK's 12-mile zone. In a letter to Brussels officials, French Minister of the Sea Annick Girardin and mayor of Boulogne-sur-Mer Frédéric Cuvillier said urgent action needed to be taken.

The letter, which is also signed by Jean-François Rapin, regional councillor and senator of Pas-de-Calais, and Xavier Bertrand, president of the Hauts-de-France region, claimed only 23 licences had been issued by the UK Government for a fleet of 850 vessels.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 11:30 pm

A kick in the bollocks for remainers and project fear....

'The pound hit its highest level against the euro for more than a year after it emerged that the British economy fared better than feared last year.

Sterling climbed as high as €1.1756 – its strongest level since February 2020 – as revised figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed output recovered faster than thought in the second half of the year.

Gross domestic product (GDP) fell by 9.8 per cent across the whole of 2020 – slightly better than the previous estimate of 9.9 per cent but still the biggest slump since the Great Frost of 1709.

The recession was driven by a 19.5 per cent contraction between April and June when the first lockdown hit. But the bounce back in the second half of the year was firmer than previously thought.

And the successful rollout of Covid vaccines in the UK – while Europe struggles – has set the scene for a stronger recovery in Brexit Britain than the EU.

As well as making gains against the euro, the pound rose back above $1.38 against the dollar.

In a further boost, a report from the Institute of Directors shows confidence in the economy among business leaders is the highest since just after Boris Johnson's 2019 election victory.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 6:08 am

Not getting this shellfish export story. Only thing seems to have changed is local Brittany politicians saying they will ignore EU rules. If Brittany Ferries happy to go along just go back to old system via Millbay and let French have croissant fight at Roscoff.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 7:35 am

Mouldy do you have any comprehension as to how foreign exchange is crunched
I cant even be bothered to rip your post to pieces because frankly someone of your age should know its utterly basic

I'll give you a clue. Only the USD (the worlds reserve currency) has a "direct" exchange rate with every other worldwide currency

Other currency calculations are the sum of two pairings and movement in either pairing affects the bottom line....off you go lol
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 am

Remoners don't like it up them do they? the pound buys more dollars but you see, it's the pairings, the dollar falls and the pound rises. The EU isn't going too slow with it's vaccination program, the UK is too fast, it's the pairings you see. The UK recent race report? didn't give the answers the race industry wants so they want another report, it's the pairings...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 8:55 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 9:26 am

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 10:17 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Mouldy do you have any comprehension as to how foreign exchange is crunched
I cant even be bothered to rip your post to pieces because frankly someone of your age should know its utterly basic

I'll give you a clue. Only the USD (the worlds reserve currency) has a "direct" exchange rate with every other worldwide currency

Other currency calculations are the sum of two pairings and movement in either pairing affects the bottom line....off you go lol

I don’t give a feck about your explanation you talk shit and lying comes as naturally to you as breathing.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am

That's probably how HahaHarve and his mates get the ludicrously inflated Covid death figures, you really couldn't make it up, unless you are Harve that is.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 11:49 am

When we voted to leave the remainers told us that the UK would face financial Armageddon. It hasn’t happened. It was a lie or at the very least a hope.

I see the bbc last night did a piece on Brexit 3 months on and interviewed 2 people who have had problems since we left. Nothing positive just negative and even showed old pictures of lorries lined up at Dover port (I think) waiting to board a ferry. Nothing on screen to say that they were library pictures.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 1:07 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
When we voted to leave the remainers told us that the UK would face financial Armageddon. It hasn’t happened. It was a lie or at the very least a hope.

I see the bbc last night did a piece on Brexit 3 months on and interviewed 2 people who have had problems since we left. Nothing positive just negative and even showed old pictures of lorries lined up at Dover port (I think) waiting to board a ferry. Nothing on screen to say that they were library pictures.

The UK hating, vile and nasty BBC are desperate for Brexit to be  disaster.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 1:19 am

POI wrote:
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/hVTouq08miyVo1a21m" width="480" height="454" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed"></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/snl-saturday-night-live-season-45-hVTouq08miyVo1a21m"></a></p>
That's easy for you to say LOL
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 10:12 am

So now the EU, well Spain and Germany are stopping Freedom of movement, but only for Brits! WTF?

Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 10:18 am

Both countries have deported or refused entry to Brits.

I think the UK should stop being nice and start sorting these cnuts out especially the french.

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:12 am

As usual, your average Joe Bloggs - your man in the street suffers at the behest of these so-called 'leaders' with bruised egos, throwing their toys out of their respective prams.

Time for Boris Johnson to stop being his typical non-comital, sit on the wall stance on most things, and stop trying to please everyone - you can't. Grow a pair and tell Macron and his cabal of British hating cohorts to feck right off - we're not pandering to your shit anymore.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:13 am

They will be begging for the holiday makers to come back soon but it's all academic at the moment as we don't want anybody going on holiday anyway.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:14 am

Typical that they stop Brits living over there but let the rest of Europe come and go as they please, sounds like discrimination to me.

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:27 am

Don't think they have stopped Brits living over there have they? My Father in law has obviously slipped through the net along with PP?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 11:45 am

There is a problem in Spain and france with ex pats living there.

We are just well shot of them.

I could understand their behaviour if the vaccine rollouts were reversed but it’s not. It is sour grapes over Brexit and the rollout, pure and simple.

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 1:22 pm

POI wrote:
Time for Boris Johnson to stop being his typical non-comital, sit on the wall stance on most things, and stop trying to please everyone - you can't. Grow a pair and tell Macron and his cabal of British hating cohorts to feck right off - we're not pandering to your shit anymore.

Boris is proving to be an absolutely spineless cnut on all manner of issues.
I’m sure the country didn’t vote for this limp liberal approach.
Doubtless driven by the leftie green bint he’s shacked up with.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 3:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Don't think they have stopped Brits living over there have they? My Father in law has obviously slipped through the net along with PP?

It seems unless one has the correct papers one is not welcome.

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 6:48 am

Truly vile snake oil salesman aka Gove.....shocking but doubtless the ATD Boris' fan boys will be here shortly to deflect

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 8:38 am

Can we have one day without a load of Remainer lies? Anyone who has been resident for five years already will get new papers issued automatically by October, anybody else needs to fill in the simple online form by June or July, its all on the Gov.uk website and was agreed as part of the withdrawal agreement.
Anybody who doesn't want to put themselves through an hour at the computer will have to only stay for three months at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next