Les Miserable
Mook
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 am

Shorely there's a freebie or two abait ala Toums last year?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:34 am

That was a quote from SFD Harve not me, I'm not so sure Derek can turn it around, like a few others I do have some misgivings that Derek still has four years on his contract and he is totally Mr football at HP.
Of course I hope he does turn it around, but regardless as you say the spotlight will be on the new ownership to show some serious intent in the next window.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 am

Freathy wrote:
I think we're down regardless what the new regime does or doesn't do.  The brent budget resulting in summer departures of L1 standard players and the appalling non-league standard replacement signings has already inflicted fatal damage this season. We'll be far too adrift by January for any decent additions to have an impact. And that of course assumes Hallett has any interest in the playing side but as he's hinted austerity will continue then I think 2018/19 will end with record low points followed by a long spell in L2.

You mean we won't be relegated to the conference. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 9:36 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

He'll pull through this sticky patch and despite the awful results we are not losing touch with the other duffers in the division.

A win will change everything for us.

Clearly your inner Aviva logic showing through Frank. To be expected from an established knight of the Home Park realm Razz
Last season's accidental transformation won't happen again. It's been sussed and Taylor has fitness issues that just don't appear to be going away, let alone Ladapo crowding him out and Lameiras being blamed for everything including any inclement weather that might appear. Relegated teams usually tuck 9 or 10 wins under their belts. Does't help them any when judgement day comes in May.
Funnily enough, one bright spot for Adams is the appalling defence. The blame for that not improving can be laid at Paul Wotton's feet, the cheap and local heir apparent in an archetypal Boris sense. flower
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 10:44 am

beesrus wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

He'll pull through this sticky patch and despite the awful results we are not losing touch with the other duffers in the division.

Clearly your inner Aviva logic showing through Frank. To be expected from an established knight of the Home Park realm Razz
Last season's accidental transformation won't happen again. It's been sussed and Taylor has fitness issues that just don't appear to be going away, let alone Ladapo crowding him out and Lameiras being blamed for everything including any inclement weather that might appear. Relegated teams usually tuck 9 or 10 wins under their belts. Does't help them any when judgement day comes in May.
Funnily enough, one bright spot for Adams is the appalling defence. The blame for that not improving can be laid at Paul Wotton's feet, the cheap and local heir apparent in an archetypal Boris sense. flower
A frightening thought Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 am

akagreengull wrote:

You don't know that SFD.

No but nobody knows that it won't.

Nor does anybody who is writing us off know for sure that they are right.

We only need to pick up a couple of results and we'll look at our league position in a completely different way.

There's still over a hundred points to play for. We ain't done for yet.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 12:19 pm

We're not all Freathy's laugh
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 1:14 pm

We will be fine, two wins and we would be mid table, there is a lot of dross in Division Three.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 1:16 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

You don't know that SFD.

We only need to pick up a couple of results and we'll look at our league position in a completely different way.

going forward i dont have too many concerns with barr the exemption of lamerias and fox from the starting 11 whom both along with carey create alot of chances for taylor and ladapo too miss. Why Dyson hasnt been given a chance yet when he is a different kind of striker which is what we need is another del bhey clanger.

its the defence and in goal that i cant see getting better by much and by our Achilles heel.

Masey has talent but he is still learning and is too inexperienced to be our sole keeper who is decent enough to be first choice as lethren isnt a good enough alternative and cooper is even more inexperienced and shouldn't be rushed in his development at his age. e really should have kept McCormick to be the backup/competition if we had to sign an inexperienced youngster to go in goal for us or failing that signed a decent replacement for Matthews if not Matthews himself we could have gotten away ith having a career bench warmer and yts goalie as the backups then.
I dont think if Buygone would have been much better being exposed to defensive errors as Macey has been for what its worth.

the central defence is awful just awful. Edwards isnt good enough to be the leader in that defence when he hasnt got Bradley alongside him only the choice of two jackshit defenders in Wootton and Caravan (he is as slow as one so he may aswell keep the name). Peter Grant im offsetting as he hasnt played so not fair to slate him but joe riley makes me miss gary miller he truly is terrible.
t-moore along with smith brown are good going forward but exposed at the defensive duties at times something their former clubs are famed for in their style of football for their positions but they can improve on it im sure.. Sawyer is passed his best now but his experience is sorely needed in defence atm which is way i guessing he is starting alot of games ahead of smith brown.

Until we sort out the defence i really can not see much changing beyond a win here and there. Certainly no play off push like last season. Question should have been asked by certain fans towards Thankfully soon to be ex chairman as to why our budget has allowed for us to go from a back 5 in a combination of Matthews and bout 13 others, Threlkeld, Bradley, Wylder/Songo'o, Sawyer/Taylor-Sinclair,  TO Macey, Riley/T-Moore, Edwards, Wootton/Caravan, Sawyer/smith-brown and wonder why we are in the shit that we are in.
Yes 2 of the 5 from last season where loanees but the fact remains bar two as edwards was in the team till his cancer diagnosis and treatment there is a whole new back 5 this season who are not even or better than last seasons and its harming us.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 3:07 pm

If the wins don't start coming soon questions need to be asked.
I'm concerned but hopefull of it being rectifed,long as that win comes in the next 3 games.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 3:34 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I personally dont think anythink will change basically the same faces just a different name on the rent book that’s all

Well Chris Webb wont be President after 31st of October...he will be standing down the same time as James Brent stops being Chairman.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Angry wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

You don't know that SFD.

going forward i dont have too many concerns with barr the exemption of lamerias and fox from the starting 11 whom both along with carey create alot of chances for taylor and ladapo too miss. Why Dyson hasnt been given a chance yet when he is a different kind of striker which is what we need is another del bhey clanger.

its the defence and in goal that i cant see getting better by much and by our Achilles heel.

Masey has talent but he is still learning and is too inexperienced to be our sole keeper who is decent enough to be first choice as lethren isnt a good enough alternative and cooper is even more inexperienced and shouldn't be rushed in his development at his age. e really should have kept McCormick to be the backup/competition if we had to sign an inexperienced youngster to go in goal for us or failing that signed a decent replacement for Matthews if not Matthews himself we could have gotten away ith having a career bench warmer and yts goalie as the backups then.
I dont think if Buygone would have been much better being exposed to defensive errors as Macey has been for what its worth.

the central defence is awful just awful. Edwards isnt good enough to be the leader in that defence when he hasnt got Bradley alongside him only the choice of two jackshit defenders in Wootton and Caravan (he is as slow as one so he may aswell keep the name). Peter Grant im offsetting as he hasnt played so not fair to slate him but joe riley makes me miss gary miller he truly is terrible.
t-moore along with smith brown are good going forward but exposed at the defensive duties at times something their former clubs are famed for in their style of football for their positions but they can improve on it im sure.. Sawyer is passed his best now but his experience is sorely needed in defence atm which is way i guessing he is starting alot of games ahead of smith brown.

Until we sort out the defence i really can not see much changing beyond a win here and there. Certainly no play off push like last season. Question should have been asked by certain fans towards Thankfully soon to be ex chairman as to why our budget has allowed for us to go from a back 5 in a combination of Matthews and bout 13 others, Threlkeld, Bradley, Wylder/Songo'o, Sawyer/Taylor-Sinclair,  TO Macey, Riley/T-Moore, Edwards, Wootton/Caravan, Sawyer/smith-brown and wonder why we are in the shit that we are in.
Yes 2 of the 5 from last season where loanees but the fact remains bar two as edwards was in the team till his cancer diagnosis and treatment there is a whole new back 5 this season who are not even or better than last seasons and its harming us.

Happy to agree with much of that.

Our defence has been shambolic at times this season. No doubt about it.

It was shambolic on Saturday too. I suppose things weren't helped by the early injury to Canavan but even then we got shredded time after time down their left/our right and they had several good chances created through that channel before and after their goal.

The obvious man to blame was Riley who was playing RB but in the second half when that area was being played out right in front of me he did fine and the chances had dried up.

So why were we so bad? Do we really want to see Carey tracking back on that side as an auxilliary RB? Not really his strength, is it? So presumably the midfield was supposed to shuffle across and did not - not until O'Keefe had been replaced anyway. Maybe it was his fault that Riley was being over-loaded... What can any player do when confronted with 2 or three opponents running down his channel?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So when the new chairman comes in then   So when the new chairman comes in then - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

So when the new chairman comes in then
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2