Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Les Miserable
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 10:50 am

Anyone else smell a rat here? On Thursday afternoon according to Erringtons piece he was looking forward to playing Pompey...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The next thing we know, he's had a "training ground injury" and isn't fit to play

How do you get injured doing light training on a Friday FFS?

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 11:03 am

It can only mean he's off to Real Madrid for £800 million. DA to get £5.35 of that for next season's team budget. The rest, well, you know how it goes! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Anyone else smell a rat here? On Thursday afternoon according to Erringtons piece he was looking forward to playing Pompey...

The next thing we know, he's had a "training ground injury" and isn't fit to play

How do you get injured doing light training on a Friday FFS?

No idea Hugh but one things for sure, going on Saturdays game we won't be promoted without him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 pm

DA said he injured himself in pre warm up before training on Thursday
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 2:17 pm

No way has he got a 'wee niggle' has he? Not at this stage of the season, we can't sell him until the end of the season and shorely Brent isn't such a twat to risk promotion is he?
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 5:24 pm

I fail to understand after having a good few months of being battered by Division 3 defenders and more often than not giving better than he gets, he has twanged something whilst doing pilates.

It could all be genuine but as with most things at this club, if it looks and smells like shit it probably is shit. or Nool.
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Maybe he's got a good offer elsewhere for next season and doesn't want to risk injury. Remember the Halmosi end of season thing after a wink from Hull ?
The plausibility is a bit thin given Taylor's recent comments re batterings. I certainly smell a rat. Stranger still, that he should duck out of the big game with his former club.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Got a niggly feeling this out for the rest of the season be it what ever the reason hope I’m wrong He was badly missed v pompey
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyWed Apr 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Pompey may be where he's headed. Anyway, looks certain Taylor has played his last match for Argo which means we have no chance whatsoever of making the play-offs. Season over.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 am

Guys cmon I think you're way out of kilter on this one on multiple levels.
He's picked up an injury somehow and it was noted he was walking normally in Argyle lounge post Pompey game. Likely Adams didnt want to risk him knowing there were a further 5 games to go
Little doubt he'll be back Saturday
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Guys cmon I think you're way out of kilter on this one on multiple levels.
He's picked up an injury somehow and it was noted he was walking normally in Argyle lounge post Pompey game. Likely Adams didnt want to risk him knowing there were a further 5 games to go
Little doubt he'll be back Saturday

I hope so, we may find out during the pressers today. As I said if it looks like shit and smells like shit at the Brentihad it doesn't matter sack its in.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:29 am

Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:16 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Not everything is a conspiracy. Probably not a coincidence that it’s his ankle, which was the earlier injury.

Do people really believe he suddenly decided, overnight, to stop giving 100% after doing so constantly to get Argyle where they are? This team is flying, every footballer wants to be part of that. If he wanted to force a move he could have done it in January.

He is key though and his name on Saturday’s team sheet (or not) should tell us the longer term outlook.

Different ankle and he's still out. Smell a rat yet?

scratch

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 pm

ouch I was certainly wrong.....we're fecked
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Oh dear, Grant is hardly a replacement in terms of hold up play and scoring a few, but then as we know the squad is somewhat limited in terms of quality and numbers courtsey of you know who.
Bring on the ice rink - far more of a priority.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm

He was not in the Life Centre with the rest of the injured players, the rest of the squad was training on the main pitch this morning. Top training pitch has been reseeded this week.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

scratch

No, I simply think he has an injury.

Back to top Go down
MikeWN

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

scratch

Nah, not really. Injuries happen, and as often as not they're for innocuous reasons.

It does put the decision to sell Jervis and have no real understudy to Taylor in stark perspective though. Away against a very leaky Northampton Town is one thing, but we'll need him back against ASAP as Rochdale have found some form.
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

scratch

So your comment about whether his name is on Saturday team sheet informing us longer term outlook is pretty superflous, when clearly for you it hasn't.

I'm quite entitled to my opinion, which is it may be perfectly innocent, having seen rather a lot of horseshit emanating from Home Park I will retain some sceptiscm .
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Normally Adams is quite poker faced and doesn't like to give out team info early. Wouldn't be surprised if Taylor made a miraculous recovery and played on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Tgwu wrote:
He was not in the Life Centre with the rest of the injured players, the rest of the squad was training on the main pitch this morning. Top training pitch has been reseeded this week.

Reseeded the training pitch !!!!!!! Geddon Jim geek geek
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 5:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

scratch

So your comment about whether his name is on Saturday team sheet informing us longer term outlook is pretty superflous, when clearly for you it hasn't.

I'm quite entitled to my opinion, which is it may be perfectly innocent, having seen rather a lot of horseshit emanating from Home Park I will retain some sceptiscm .

I didn't say you weren't, did I? Opine away, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll reserve judgement until we see whether he does actually make Saturday's game but yes, if he doesn't, it might mean longer term bad news. I still think it's nothing more complicated than him busting up his other ankle though.

Does illustrate the paucity of the squad though, as Mike points out above.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

scratch

The article is talking about the injury sustained at the start of the season when it says "not the same ankle",not the injury sustained last Friday or whenever it was.
Back to top Go down

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Well, I've relented and had a look at the article. It clearly says he's out on Saturday. It's irrelevant which ankle it is.
The give away for me is Adams' comment ... "It’s really in Ryan’s hands at this moment in time"
He didn't have to say that. A bit narked ? Who knows. We don't and nor does Adams. Taylor does have recovery issues, as the last couple of years have shown.
Without Taylor, Argyle might as well kiss goodbye to any play off ambitions, regardless of mind games with the opposition. His abilities have allowed others to shine.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 6:29 pm

beesrus wrote:
Well, I've relented and had a look at the article. It clearly says he's out on Saturday. It's irrelevant which ankle it is.
The give away for me is Adams' comment ... "It’s really in Ryan’s hands at this moment in time"
He didn't have to say that. A bit narked ? Who knows. We don't and nor does Adams. Taylor does have recovery issues, as the last couple of years have shown.
Without Taylor, Argyle might as well kiss goodbye to any play off ambitions, regardless of mind games with the opposition. His abilities have allowed others to shine.

It isn't irrelevant in the context of Hugh drawing attention to the article and seemingly deducing that Taylor had sustained an injury to his other ankle since last Friday. As for the rest of it, we'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Taylor injury Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor injury
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next