Czarcasm
Dick Trickle
paranoidandroid123
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:48 pm

GreenSam wrote:
3-3 now.

I maintain the point I have always made on here. It isn't worth wetting your knickers OR slitting your wrists over pre-season. It's a very experimental time of adaptation where it's OTT to draw too many conclusions either way.

you and many others me being one say the same thing sam.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:49 pm

Is it just me or is that new AP a complete dogs dinner?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:56 pm

4-3 up lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 8:58 pm

GreenSam wrote:
4-3 up lol! lol!

Winning at Forest is always impressive.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:02 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
4-3 up lol! lol!

They came 4th in the conference last season tbf, they're no pub side.

5-3 now lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 pm

GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
4-3 up lol! lol!

They came 4th in the conference last season tbf, they're no pub side.

5-3 now lol!

That win over Elburton sam was no fluke! the Greens are going up
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 pm

How the   goals went in

GOAL!!! Forest Green 3 Argyle 4 (Jake Jervis 62 mins) Wylde's shot is only parried by Maxted and Jervis slots home from a tight angle

GOAL!!! Forest Green 3 Argyle 5 (Gary Sawyer 73 mins) What a strike! He was 25 yards out and the ball flew into the net. Incredible
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:08 pm

Tbf I don't actually think we're going up I'm just enjoying the theatre of this. And the hysterical reactions on both sides of the comeback are to beheld.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:10 pm

Subs

Ben Purrington on as a 78th minute for goalscorer Gary Sawyer

Ryan Brunt on as a sub for Reuben Reid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Can anyone confirm or deny what the scoreline is
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:12 pm

Can we win after going behind?

Yes we can cheers
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:13 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Can anyone confirm or deny what the scoreline is
Forest Green 3-5 Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:14 pm

Chris Errington ‏@ChrisErrington1
Still 5-3 to Argyle. Much more assured defensively from the Pilgrims in the second half and a real cutting edge in attack
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:16 pm

Cory Harvey, Aaron Bentley, Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney all sent on as 86th minute subs

Making way were Luke McCormick, Curtis Nelson, Gregg Wylde and Jake Jervis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:17 pm

Thanks. That supposed 'upgraded' utter garbage that I pay £4.50 a month for is failing miserably.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:18 pm

This is a Mural Moment, not missing Shezza now!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Full-time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:28 pm

we are going up i am covinced now lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:33 pm

God give me strength
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:35 pm

Good result against a strong team. May have been different if Mellor was sent off. Looks like we will score amd concede lots of goals this season, but should be more entertaining. I still think we won't do as well as last season due to the paper thin squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:50 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Good result against a strong team. May have been different if Mellor was sent off. Looks like we will score amd concede lots of goals this season, but should be more entertaining. I still think we won't do as well as last season due to the paper thin squad.

maybe then the farm animals over the road will finally ask the questions what the hell is going on and why is the budget repeatedly cut.

not holding my breath though they are more interested in organising the next crap display of cheap paper and flags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:30 pm

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

maybe then the farm animals over the road will finally ask the questions what the hell is going on and why is the budget repeatedly cut.

not holding my breath though they are more interested in organising the next crap display of cheap paper and flags.

Pasoti and the ass holes that associate with it are one of the main reasons as to why the locust remains as chairman.
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 12:37 am

Just back from Forest Green and I have to say that was the most bonkers game of football I've ever seem. Seriously though, I like the look of our firepower on goal and I think Reid should be really worried about losing his place.

On an entirely different note.....what a sod of a place that is to get to.....horrible journey up and back. I long for the day when I can once again travel on the A38 / M5 without a sodding delay....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 am

Forest Green view

Plymouth Argyle came from 3-0 down to claim a 5-3 victory over Forest Green during an end-to-end encounter in Rovers penultimate pre-season game at The New Lawn. 

Rovers opened the scoring as early as the 6th minute with a low swerving effort from Darren Jones after corner fell to him on the right of the box. 

The build-up had seen Elliott Frear sear down the left, before his shot was tipped over by Luke McCormick in the Plymouth goal and it wouldn’t be the last time that Frear would stamp his mark on the game.

Minutes later the former Salisbury wide man had his own name on the score sheet with a beautifully crafted goal In the build up Clovis Kamdjo had combined with Delano Sam-Yorke and Aaron O’Connor before setting Frear free to slam past McCormick.

On the 30th minute it was 3-0 with John Parkin claiming his first goal of the pre-season from the spot, after Sam-Yorke had played O’Connor in on goal with a sweetly placed through ball, before Kelvin Mellor dragged him down from behind. A red card offence in a league fixture. 

Plymouth pulled one back a minute later after a deep cross from the left found Jake Jervis, who soared above the Rovers defence to head across goal and make it 3-1.

Four minutes later it was 3-2 to the visitors as Reuban Reid drove between FGR's centre-halves after a slide rule pass from Carl McHugh and Plymouth's 20-goal man slotted past Rovers keeper Jonny Maxted.

Sam-Yorke continue to look for avenues down the right as the half drew to a close, and at the break Rovers held a deserved 3-2 lead.

Rovers began the second half as the started the first, with Elliott Frear showing pace and panache down the left wing but twice his balls across the face of goal couldn’t find a green shirt. 

On the 52nd minute the Pilgrims lovely build-up play ended with the impressive Gregg Wylde calmly picking out Boateng to slam it home for a 3-3 score line.

From there, Plymouth only upped the ante, with Reid swinging a volley goalwards from a Jarvis cross, before Jarvis bagged a brace with Rovers stopper Jonny Maxted only able to parry Graham Carey’s stinging shot.

After the fine goal-scoring efforts from both sides, the night’s proceeding were rounded off in appropriate fashion. A scything shot from Plymouth's Gary Sawyer, who saw his grass-cutter fly into the bottom right corner from 25 yards
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:50 am

Bad journey by Argyle team bus to reach forest green, arrived with only a hour before kick off, had a short warm up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Green Match Thread   The Forest of Green Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Forest of Green Match Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next