Tringreen
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester Empty
PostSubject: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Not for footballing reasons; it is felt that his son's recent sacking for racially abusing a Thai woman was the last straw-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33338638
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Not for footballing reasons; it is felt that his son's recent sacking for racially abusing a Thai woman was the last straw-

Firing him for being a total bellend would have been enough but i dont see how you can fire someone for someone elses wrong doing. Dont seem legal to me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:02 pm

He comes across as an arrogant cock with a touch of psycho about him.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:30 pm

I kinda like him.................
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Figures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
He comes across as an arrogant cock with a touch of psycho about him.  

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/25262/tough-guy-nigel-pearson-just-sticking-his-head-in-the-sand/

Secret footballer reckons him to be a bit of a bully.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Give me his former Sheffield Wednesday central midfield partner in crime any day.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:

Has do most Leicester Fans, top man IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:12 pm

I suspect his no nonsense approach to managing kept that club up - they looked doomed half dozen games from the end!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Big Sam to take over i bet which would be a good move for them and should help establish themselves int eh premiership over time.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Angry wrote:
Big Sam to take over i bet which would be a good move for them and should help establish themselves int eh premiership over time.

Not a chance Angry, foreign manager on the radar Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:39 am

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Firing him for being a total bellend would have been enough but i dont see how you can fire someone for someone elses wrong doing. Dont seem legal to me.

Pearson has clearly had something to say to the owners behind closed doors regarding the sacking of his son.

He probably thought the club needed him after the Great Escape, and his reputation as a manager could save his gobshite son - turns out they were both dispensable.

My experience of Thais are that they are deferential and humble, but a proud people at the same time. The owners paying for good will trips for the players to engage with their culture, only to see the players doing and saying that, must have been a sad and disappointing experience.

As you say Pearson had nothing to do with that incident, but the likelihood is he didn't feel it was as sensitive an issue as it was to the Thai owners, and intervened to try and stop the disciplinary measures escalating. You wouldn't bet against Nigel Pearson becoming confrontational with his son's career at stake, so you can see how it has ended this way - Dad trying to protect son, Manager trying to protect players, employee being given the marching orders because his attitude doesn't sit well with his employers any longer.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:16 am

Hope Nigel Pearson has a complete meltdown and bottles his son.

Imagine that - your own son makes you lose your job. What do you say to him now? He's hardly a chilled, easy going bloke.. Wouldn't like to be James Pearson right now (especially since he's a racist).
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:44 am

Paven wrote:
Hope Nigel Pearson has a complete meltdown and bottles his son.

Imagine that - your own son makes you lose your job. What do you say to him now? He's hardly a chilled, easy going bloke.. Wouldn't like to be James Pearson right now (especially since he's a racist).

Whether he's a day-to-day practicing racist is debatable. Whether he's an idiot is not. More than anything it reminds me of the incident when Frank Lampard, John Terry and Eidur Gudjohnsen decided to get pissed on 9/11 at Heathrow Airport in front of a bunch of Americans.

Can't imagine that he's got much of a future in the game though. He's 22 now and he's only ever played three games in the Football League.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 8:45 am

The whole thing smells funny to me. They wanted rid of him only for Leicester to go on an amazing run of form. Then they wait until now to sack him in the hope that nobody notices.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:09 am

I'm with EJH here. In my experience understanding Thai culture as a westerner is very difficult and Pearson's normal approach would simply not happen in Thailand. They're no better than any other race in terms of violence and indeed they are known to practice state sponsored murder in southern Thailand however relationships, particularly in public, are based on respect and the Thai owners would have been deeply embarrassed by the revelations.

Thai culture also places great stock in not shaming your family and respecting your elders within the family. Pearson's sons actions would have been seen as an extension of Pearson himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:31 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
I'm with EJH here. In my experience understanding Thai culture as a westerner is very difficult and Pearson's normal approach would simply not happen in Thailand. They're no better than any other race in terms of violence and indeed they are known to practice state sponsored murder in southern Thailand however relationships, particularly in public, are based on respect and the Thai owners would have been deeply embarrassed by the revelations.

Thai culture also places great stock in not shaming your family and respecting your elders within the family. Pearson's sons actions would have been seen as an extension of Pearson himself.  

yet you still cant legally sack someone for someone elses actions. If that is the main reason behind it Nigel Pearson has a good claim to sue if he wanted too.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:47 am

True, 1) but we don't know what was said behind the scenes. If he kicked off at the owner for sacking his son, wouldn't he be within his rights to dispense with his services?

And 2) I suspect what actually happened is that he had his contract paid up.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 9:51 am

I suspect it was Nigel Pearson who sacked his son, not the owners. With him endorsing 'Kick It Out' I can't see him standing for it - let alone the fact he's a psycho.

If he's sacked for his son's actions then he has the right to sue, surely? They can do whatever they want on Thailand but if that IS the case then they can't do it in a different country.

Tricky to say without knowing the full details.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:09 am

Agreed but this is football management where you can be sacked for virtually anything as long as compensation is agreed.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Agreed but this is football management where you can be sacked for virtually anything as long as compensation is agreed.

Yup, that's the point I was trying to make. Stop being more concise and articulate than me, dammit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:32 pm

To be honest, if the owners were expecting a group of wealthy young footballers to go to Thailand and not immerse themselves into the kind of culture lots of fellas go over there for, then they were naive in the extreme. But yeah, whichever fuckwit decided it was a good idea to film themselves indulging in that culture, needs stringing up.

Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 7:56 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
The whole thing smells funny to me. They wanted rid of him only for Leicester to go on an amazing run of form. Then they wait until now to sack him in the hope that nobody notices.

That's spot on HW.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 5:37 am

As dodgy videos go, that one was off the scale.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 7:19 pm

They've appointed the Tinkerman (Ranieri)...can't see that working.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33513290
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester   Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester Empty

Back to top Go down

Is he or isn't he? Pearson sacked by Leicester
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next