Peggy
hippo
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty
PostSubject: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Raiders beat Newcastle Eagles 89-87 in OT
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Oooh I could crush a grape...... Wine making today. The grape harvest has been rubbish. It's been so depressing I'm up the bar.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 am

Got a monthly bus pass now. What with that and my railcard and the motor, I think it's fair to say I'm fully mobile.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:37 am

After giving the wall a good rub down this morning we are now preparing to pick the little ones up from school and then feeding them before taking them for their swimming lesson,On the way home being drop off at the Goal for FOCP meeting (I hope I have the right day).
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:54 pm

There's a lot of banging going on next door. Noisy buggers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Please - for once - don't post any photos, Chingers!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:00 pm

Yeah, it's probably for the best.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Ta flower 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm going for a run in a minute. 10k. Should take me about 60 mins. My knees aren't what they used to be. Well, they have always been my knees, it's just that....ah forget it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:26 pm

I've been for a short walk - about 2 mls or less. After being properly poorly I had to drop into The Tamar for a drink (the pub)and a bowl of chips. I need a rest now.

That's in preparation for serving Henning Wehn tonight in his sell-out gig at The Chapel . By the way, Mark Thomas is also now sold out.

Chingers, I think you should take pictures otherwise it would be left our imaginations and that would be much more disturbing.

And, whilst I'm in communications mode, Jello ...... do you know who is in your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:48 pm

I've recently adopted the Peggy method, so have just "had to" do the washing up!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Last week I pre ordered some Atora suet (real fat stuff, not the veggie variety) from the English shop. Picked it up earlier today  and am now ready to make a nice stew with proper dumplings! No turnip/swede though as you can't buy them (usually from Scotland) here yet (have to wait until late Autumn).

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:51 pm

Excellent, Moisty. You'll find your life changes for the better. (with the washing up, I mean - not the dumplings you sneaked in while I was composing this.)

Knecht: I think you must still be proper poorly. There's no other way you'd want to see pictures of Colin banging.

Especially if his wife's also involved in some way.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Is the vicar due for tea? Whereas many normal people hang a large crucifix to the wall, maybe to impress him, one of them has nailed to other to the wall instead?

Austerity and all that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm

knecht wrote:
I've been for a short walk - about 2 mls or less. After being properly poorly I had to drop into The Tamar for a drink (the pub)and a bowl of chips. I need a rest now.

That's in preparation for serving Henning Wehn tonight in his sell-out gig at The Chapel . By the way, Mark Thomas is also now sold out.

Chingers, I think you should take pictures otherwise it would be left our imaginations and that would be much more disturbing.

And, whilst I'm in communications mode, Jello ...... do you know who is in your avatar?
Knecht in communication mode! hells teeth man. Someone take a screen grab.sarcasm 

Yes I do, thank you. Thanks to my father and his love for that stuff that begins with 'J'. He, my father, god rest his soul, had the pleasure of playing with some top jazz artists in the 70's on the London Jazz scene. He often played the circuit of the 100 club, Ronnie Scotts, Camden jazz festival etc.
Up until he last days - he used to annoy the crap out of us on Sundays when he would practise his Tenor Sax jazz scales.Smile 

Although he only dabbled in tickling the ivory, Thelonious Monk was one of his all time heroes.

Ooh, getting sad now thinking of him.Sad My dad. Not Theolonious Monk.clown 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Just to touch on something, Knecht. I find Henning Wehn really funny - my kind of humour, if-you-like. I checked out your link to The Chapel arts centre, Calstock. There's some pretty decent stuff on the calender.

I may have to check this place out soon. Don't worry. I won't ask to meet you there for a pint or anything. You wouldn't want to associate with a thug like me, Paul Thomas (sighs), would you.sarcasm 

Anyway - thanks for that link. Most interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Anyone who likes Thelonious Monk can't be all bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:44 am

Henning Wehn was really good last night (and a very nice bloke also) in spite of him being German.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 am

My tea is hotter than usual today, some days it's cold real quick and although the ambient room temperature is always roughly the same the tea varies.scratch 
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:23 am

Iggy wrote:
My tea is hotter than usual today, some days it's cold real quick and although the ambient room temperature is always roughly the same the tea varies.scratch 
Very British Problems

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:30 am

Henning Wehn told a long story about having had a hernia which caused bladder problems and having to get off a late-night bus in London to have a pee in the bushes after an evening drinking. Then, with his trousers stained from wetting himself, he decided to walk home. On the way he passed a kebab shop & decided to have a kebab. Unfortunately he tripped on the step into the shop, went flying and landed on his hands & knees.

He thought, at last I've arrived! Smelling of booze with piss-stained trousers, going for a kebab, falling over onto his hands & knees. After years of living here, I'm finally British!

(you had to be there.....)
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 am

He's pretty funny that fella. Slightly mental which is a good trait for a comedian.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:43 am

He claimed that the reason that all B&B owners were all over 70 was that they had been increasingly unable to care for themselves. So their children, seeing how expensive care home fees are, took her money & bought her a B&B. That way she would get 24 hrs a day care.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:53 am

£4.60 for a pint of Peroni in a bar inChingers. That's all they had too. I may have to go back on the old Persians if beer is heading for a fiver a pint.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 12:11 pm

I saw him in the B bar a couple of years ago, well funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next