Chingers
Mock Cuncher
Dougie
Chemical Ali
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD Empty
PostSubject: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=71637

I leave this here with no comment at all.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 pm

I suppose he will also be tackling the Pasoti Mods as they have a joke about Cliff Richard being gay on their joke board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 pm

So does that mean every person who has texted/facebooked/emailed or spoken the jokes is now going to be the subject of a campaign by mr PASB?

Of course not.

Just another attempt to slur ATD.

Nice bit of selective quoting there too Mr Hooper.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Not just desperate but what a vile and disgusting little rodent, how very, very cheap that he felt the need to post that on pasoti.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Maybe Hooper can also comment on Pasoti why he tracked Greenjock and who hired him?

Oh and for the benefit of all members, here is a copy of the ACTUAL email sent to him:

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your feedback on our forum, your views have been noted and are appreciated.

In this instance, however, I think we have to take a view that either everything can be joked about, or nothing. As soon as humour is censored, it's the thin end of the wedge. Curtailing any form of expression towards the lowest common denominator is the 1st step to the complete erosion of freedom of speech and civil liberties. Humour may seem banal, but it's still an important outlet.

Whilst the jokes remain within the boundaries of the law, we are loathed to remove them on the advice of a person who is no longer a member of ATD.

Yours sincerely,

Nice bit of selective quoting there Hooper, the PASB is fecked with you on it.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 pm

I think the club and Pasoti should have a close look at Mr Paris Cowan Halls twitter feed.

How far do you have to snoop to find those jokes. I've never seen them and I'm not inclined to look now.

The first act of a newly elected last place Gasboard member is to take up a cause against a website.

Now if only he would take up the cause of the use of private investigators to find out fans adresses or the removal of a fan from the club day programme or threats to gasoard canidates not to post on this website he might climb out of this with some honour and class.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm

The other issue we have had is due to the trolling we have been receiving (from someone who has information from a pasoti mod or ex-pasoti mod) we took no action after Tony's initial complaint as we did not know whether it was legitimate. The complaint was sent by a 'Guest' who stated they were Tony (and gave one of Tony's email addresses) but we have had a number of complaints from'Guests' who have professed to be someone they are not, with the correct email address of the person they profess to be.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:15 pm

Meh.

This is actually something that was being discussed in the modroom before Hooper contacted us.

We ultimately decided that we're hesitant to remove anything in the 'jokes' topic, and if a user is offended then it is up to them to raise the issue with the poster on that thread. Of course, we don't want the site descending into a mass of crass or petty slurs, and there are some issues which are clearly just not acceptable. It is a difficult line to draw and there must be a line somewhere. Basically Jimmy Savile jokes are so prevalent and obvious that it's not something that we'd consider moving.

If Hooper then wishes to attempt to slur the site to the masses who already don't like the place, that is fine. Preaching to the converted anyway, I'd reckon.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 pm

A pathetic attempt to slur ATD by a proven liar. God help Argyle with a person like this involved.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Good response from Gareth Nicholson
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Some of the Savile jokes are in very bad taste, but I don't see this as the reason for Hooper's post. He's been given a pretty rough ride on here over his desperate GASBoard campaign. He knows his snooping on fellow Argyle fans has been laid bare. His attempts to paint himself as the supporters' representative on Earth look pretty hollow when set against the debates that have been had on here. He couldn't just delete his account and be gone - he had to find some sort of pretext to justify his cyber-flounce. He posted that attack at 11.24 today. The bulk of the Savile jokes were posted on the 4th and 5th of this month. It took him over a fortnight to decide he was offended.

It's obvious from Yea Man's post that Hooper has been economical with the truth when posting about the email he received (some might go so far as to say he's a liar). The Savile jokes aren't outside the law. Racism, Homophobia and other forms of discrimination are. Thats the difference.

Tony Hooper used to be a decent bloke, the kind of guy I'd give a lift to an away game to and happily have a pint with. It seems in his desperation to get that seat at the top table there are no depths he won't sink to. The lies he's posted on that thread are the tip of a particularly unpleasant iceberg where Tony's quest for the laughable amount of power a seat on the GASBoard gives him.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:23 pm

I don't think I'll be taking him as my moral guardian thanks very much. He is once again displaying the unedifying quality of self promotion. He seems to live for and on the oxygen of (self) publicity.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:24 pm

For any non-ATD-ers, Ian Newell and Chris Webb have both stated that Tony Hooper was hired to investigate an Argyle fan who posts on this forum.

Ian and Chris have stated that Tony found various details of this Argyle fan, including his address (and that of his mother). These details were then made available on a GT away coach-trip to Morecambe (last season).

Subsequently the person under investigation has received a number of threats, including one where a crew was being gathered to come to his house and attack him and his family (luckily they had the incorrect address).

I re-iterate that this claim has been made by Chris Webb (the Club President) and Ian Newell (who sits in the Directors' Box and friend of James Brent) to the person who was investigated (at the Tiverton pre-season friendly).

If this claim by the Club President and James Brent's friend is true, is Tony Hooper fit to represent Argyle fans on the PASB?

As Gareth Nicholson has stated, this is a cheap political trick by Mr Hooper, such is his embarassment that he has been named as the Investigator by Chris Webb and Ian Newell.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Excellent post on that pasoti thread by Gareth Nicholson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm

I guess Mr Hooper was a bit p#ssed off with the Herald comments and the fact he has been shown up that he would snoop on fellow fans.

Now also been proven to be a liar by mis-quoting and in doing so, completely changing the context of that quote!

Nice reply from Gareth Nicholson on that thread.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm looking forward to being contacted by Tudor Evans and Vivien Pengelly to discuss the matter further with them.

Oh, and James Brent too, although he previously stated that he wasn't interested in disputes on internet forums.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

"So what now? On the day I came across this (Monday), 2 of the lead
stories on Spotlight (BBC) were about the paedophile William Goad
and
the abuse at Castlebeck in Bristol. So I wrote an email to our Club
leaders and our Civic leaders.
Both Tudor and Vivien have responded
positively and will take what action they can. In the first instance
Tudor has raised the matter with James Brent who in turn has expressed
gratitude for it being brought to his attention.
"

Does anyone else find this paragraph funny?

What can the club and civic leaders expect a letter about next?

This whole internet fiasco, together with the club heirarchy, various boards, fan positioning etc is becoming a farce.

I don't bother posting that much anymore. To me, one site has become beyond boring, whilst the other can be too ott with opinions and comments.

For the time being, I think I'll just carry on looking for results on the pitch as the off pitch activities are just laughable.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:42 pm

65 guests online is that normal?

Have the mod started receiving emails yet to the address helpfully supplied by Hooper?

See the first mod to respond has sidestepped Gareth's point about the post remaining on the main bored.

I see the harbingers of good taste are hunky dory with Paris Cowan Hall's world viewpoint
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:45 pm

It's not just PCH's Twitter that causes concern. A link posted by Rhys Griffiths on his Twitter earlier today led what appeared to be an adult site. I didn't go any further in case Rhys had been spammed/hacked, but it was a strange one. I thought the pasoti Mods had pulled that twitter stream because of some of the crap that the players had been posting. Anyone know why it's back?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I see that now the tide is turning against tonychowell and his campaign, he has logged out of pasoti without answering any of the questions asked of him.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 pm

Is Tony one of the proverbial 'dogs' that have been 'unleashed'?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
It's not just PCH's Twitter that causes concern. A link posted by Rhys Griffiths on his Twitter earlier today led what appeared to be an adult site. I didn't go any further in case Rhys had been spammed/hacked, but it was a strange one. I thought the pasoti Mods had pulled that twitter stream because of some of the crap that the players had been posting. Anyone know why it's back?
All I'll say to that is that that link is indeed a spam link-don't click on it or you'll get infected. I've seen a few people get it and Rhys obviously made the mistake of opening the link.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:59 pm

I think Tony's PASOTI post will be off to Terraces/ Opinions/ the bin very soon.

If Carlsberg did own goals......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Dougie wrote:
Is Tony one of the proverbial 'dogs' that have been 'unleashed'?

I like to think of him more as a little pug, rather than a proper dog lol!
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

They'd probably look a bit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gkm-DOfYcU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD   Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Hooper Attempting to create trouble for ATD
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next