Angry
Freathy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Foster sacked??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:21 am

Greenskin wrote:
Why have they backed themselves into a corner like this rather than waiting for a day or two to think about other possible successors? Utterly ridiculous.

No time Greenskin I would imagine
We play again in 3 days and then again the following Tuesday
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 7:44 am

The toxic apple has been thrown out of the barrel. But pinning our hopes on Dewsnip fills me with dread.

When things started well Dewsnip was by Fosters side, active in the dugout etc. Then as things started to go wrong, Dewsnips demeanour changed markedly. Sat, crossed legged, arms folded, no interaction with Foster. Basically all his body language saying….”nothing to do with me, Guv”.

There’s a reason Dewsnip has had the career path he’s had, and not managed teams at any decent level before. He’s not a manager, and neither is Nance.

If we go down, it’ll all be blamed on Foster, but Dewsnip is the ‘football’ man, supposedly. Hallet Parkinson and the rest would have had input, but the person with the biggest input should be Dewsnip…and he has fcuked up.

Back to top Go down
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 7:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:

If we go down, it’ll all be blamed on Foster, but Dewsnip is the ‘football’ man, supposedly. Hallet Parkinson and the rest would have had input, but the person with the biggest input should be Dewsnip…and he has fcuked up.

Buck stops with the man at the top unfortunately.

Not overly happy with Dewsnip likewise but I think the "toxic" atmosphere that seemed to envelop Foster has been jettisoned so hopefully players right up for Rotherham

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:23 am

Yep Hallett is the one ultimately responsible for this hideous mess we're now in. Foster should be criticised for accepting a job he was not blatantly not equipped to do but Hallett chose to gamble on the (probably cheap) appointment of someone with zero league experience. Serious failings in the recruitment decision making process by the club. Really don't trust Hallett et al to get this right next time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 am

Freathy wrote:
Yep Hallett is the one ultimately responsible for this hideous mess we're now in.  Foster should be criticised for accepting a job he was not blatantly not equipped to do but Hallett chose to gamble on the (probably cheap) appointment of someone with zero league experience.  Serious failings in the recruitment decision making process by the club.  Really don't trust Hallett et al to get this right next time.

Did you trust him to get the Lowe and Shuey appointments right?

Hallett has no more football experience than you or I. That’s why you employ people like Dewsnip, and the guy from Liverpool.

What I would/will blame Hallett for, is not getting a proper fire fighter in, to try and turn it around in the next month, and letting Dewsnip take the reins, foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 9:37 am

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Not overly happy with Dewsnip likewise but I think the "toxic" atmosphere that seemed to envelop Foster has been jettisoned so hopefully players right up for Rotherham

Geddon Harveinho.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:06 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Keyholder

Keyholder

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:48 am

FFS!
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 1:54 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Yep Hallett is the one ultimately responsible for this hideous mess we're now in.  Foster should be criticised for accepting a job he was not blatantly not equipped to do but Hallett chose to gamble on the (probably cheap) appointment of someone with zero league experience.  Serious failings in the recruitment decision making process by the club.  Really don't trust Hallett et al to get this right next time.

Hallett has no more football experience than you or I. That’s why you employ people like Dewsnip, and the guy from Liverpool.

What I would/will blame Hallett for, is not getting a proper fire fighter in, to try and turn it around in the next month, and letting Dewsnip take the reins, foreshore.

He didn't, Dewsnip was appointed  a few weeks after Lowe and Shuey joined Argyle.

I think Hallett might still be looking for a "firefighter,"  the evening of a Bank Holiday isn't really the best time to find a temporary manager. Dewsnip isn't the answer, he only got us two points in three League games-and that was when we still had Azaz and Cundle!

I expect that applications are coming in even as I type-any Manager worth his salt would be confident in keeping Argyle up (2 wins might be enough) and earning a permanent job.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 2:31 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Geddon Harveinho.

quick hide mouldy hes suppose to be in jail......
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 2:36 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

He didn't, Dewsnip was appointed  a few weeks after Lowe and Shuey joined Argyle.

I think Hallett might still be looking for a "firefighter,"  the evening of a Bank Holiday isn't really the best time to find a temporary manager. Dewsnip isn't the answer, he only got us two points in three League games-and that was when we still had Azaz and Cundle!

I expect that applications are coming in even as I type-any Manager worth his salt would be confident in keeping Argyle up (2 wins might be enough) and earning a permanent job.

i cant see the club hiring anyone till the summer and i think alot of potential new managers will be waiting to see what league we will be in before putting their cv's in and im sure one or two will need convincing to apply again after being rejected for Foster. Im sure there will be lots of interest but no matter who is hired if the board dont learn lessons from the failure of the foster experiment the same thing will happen again eventually so i hope this time they hire the right man actually ask harder question in the interview be mindful of blaggers and dont just go by hes scouse and has a gold coaching badge. Another thing the board need to do from day one is back the new guy with transfer funds worth a dam in this league or indeed league one and allow this guy to hire his backroom staff or have some people in mind to bring in if he has no one to bring in.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:00 pm

This close season will be very interesting.

If we go down, I'm sure several good players will move on, some for very big fees, meaning a new Manager may well have more to spend (even if he doesn't get all the incoming money) than any previous Argyle manager, and perhaps more than any manager in the Division.

If we stay up I think the whole way the football Club operates needs to be re-examined and a clear plan needs to be put in place. Despite what SH says Argyle do not have a plan-- the way the Club is run atm is to just hope we "get lucky."  Get lucky with a Coach like Schuey, get lucky with loan players like Whittaker and Azaz and get lucky with the odd home grown player like Cooper.

A plan would include things such as real increases in budget as the Club climbs the League to enable us to be competitive whatever League we find ourselves in, not just a "lets keep our fingers crossed that we'll be OK"

Do we need a DoF? Yes I think we do, but his position within the hierarchy needs to change. Tony Pulis got Stoke to the higher reaches of the Premier League with, I think Ian Horton as DoF-but Pulis was without a doubt the man in charge. The man who selects the first team definitely needs to be the Boss, not answering to a person who may well be less qualified and experienced.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Read it again Grovey.

Freathy was talking about not trusting Hallett, not Dewsnip.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 5:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:12 pm

Greenskin wrote:

Very unprofessional of Warnock to comment on a job he hasn't been offered.

Does he pop up every time a Club changes manager and say "I should have been offered that job"

Makes him look a bit pathetic really.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 6:15 pm

Grovehill wrote:
This close season will be very interesting.

If we go down, I'm sure several good players will move on, some for very big fees, meaning a new Manager may well have more to spend (even if he doesn't get all the incoming money) than any previous Argyle manager, and perhaps more than any manager in the Division.

If we stay up I think the whole way the football Club operates needs to be re-examined and a clear plan needs to be put in place. Despite what SH says Argyle do not have a plan-- the way the Club is run atm is to just hope we "get lucky."  Get lucky with a Coach like Schuey, get lucky with loan players like Whittaker and Azaz and get lucky with the odd home grown player like Cooper.

A plan would include things such as real increases in budget as the Club climbs the League to enable us to be competitive whatever League we find ourselves in, not just a "lets keep our fingers crossed that we'll be OK"

Do we need a DoF? Yes I think we do, but his position within the hierarchy needs to change. Tony Pulis got Stoke to the higher reaches of the Premier League with, I think Ian Horton as DoF-but Pulis was without a doubt the man in charge. The man who selects the first team definitely needs to be the Boss, not answering to a person who may well be less qualified and experienced.

dewsnip needs to return to the duties he had under lowe and schumacher which he did well which was mainly admin and over seeing the youth academy while making sure the first team was operating well enough for the boards liking. He should not have taken on newer roles this season which have lessen the authority of the manager and reducing it to a head coach as hes not shined in that at all. I think him and dickinson taking over transfer dealings in order for the club to play a certain way only is a mistake and that needs to be changed for the new guy so he has a say who comes in.

I do agree director of football is a role that has its benefits and uses but there needs to be one boss and that being the manager and thats what we need to hire next. If dewsnip is too stay then his role has to revert back to what it was or he too has to go.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 7:32 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Does he pop up every time a Club changes manager and say "I should have been offered that job"

Better chance of staying up with Warnock than we have with Dewsnip and Nance. Has Hallett gone cheap and got it wrong again?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:02 pm

Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Better chance of staying up with Warnock than we have with Dewsnip and Nance.  Has Hallett gone cheap and got it wrong again?

i can only think that the board thought stability was needed and not another new voice in the changing room at this time but i do agree with you. The ex pe teacher and the ex farmer doesnt fill me with much hope they can keep us up.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:37 pm

Warnock is nobodies yes man and nobody is allowed more clout than Dewsnip, It'll be a miracle if those two keep us up,
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 8:45 pm

Thoiught they might give him the Rotherham game as a last chance, but hard to argue with the decision. Key questions now:

1) Is it worth getting an interim in? Can we convince Heckingbottom to come in until the end of the season at least?
2) Will lessons be learnt in terms of manager recruitment next time? When the dust settles I'd like to se a Mea Culpa from the recruitment team that they got it wrong, not just in terms of Foster the person, but the idea of employing someone with no senior management experience to a tough job in the Championship.

I suspect we are praying that a new manager bounce is enough to get us a few results that move us clear of safety. Rotherham away and QPR at home aren't exactly the toughest fixtures so mabye an improvement in team spirit + a few tactical tweaks might be enough to get us 6 points.

My concern is that the squad changes during Foster's time has made the task much more difficult for whoever comes in. It wasn't Foster's fault that Azaaz and Cundle departed, but it's on him that we replaced them with very inexperienced players. The release of Butcher is another decision that never seemed sensible, and has left us very reliant on Houghton.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 10:20 pm

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Better chance of staying up with Warnock than we have with Dewsnip and Nance.  Has Hallett gone cheap and got it wrong again?

i can only think that the board thought stability was needed and not another new voice in the changing room at this time but i do agree with you. The ex pe teacher and the ex farmer doesnt fill me with much hope they can keep us up.

Depends what the voice is saying doesn't it.

Encouraging, praising, offering helpful words of advice is one thing, a f word laden rant and saying someone disappeared to Latvia is hardly going to get the best out of a squad who think the manager is older than their grandad
Back to top Go down
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 6:36 am

Well it seems clear they are going with Dewsnip and Nance and can only hope the players react accordingly
Time for retribution as to who got it wrong previously can wait until the close season but Hallett must take the lions share
Rotherham and QPR are very winnable
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 12:59 pm

Maybe it's time we removed Mr Foster and his scribbled out head...it's been there long enough.

The man wasn't the right person for the job....he did the best he could and tried his best...but to no avail....he doesn't need being tarred and feathered....we should let him be now.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 1:43 pm

Disagree, leave as is until we're either safe or relegated, then we can decide whether or not he is released from purgatory.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 2:42 pm

zyph wrote:
Maybe it's time we removed Mr Foster and his scribbled out head...it's been there long enough.

The man wasn't the right person for the job....he did the best he could and tried his best...but to no avail....he doesn't need being tarred and feathered....we should let him be now.

im sure the mods will replace it over the summer but for now i say keep it up till we are safe like les says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foster sacked???   Foster sacked??? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Foster sacked???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next