Les Miserable
Angry
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Benjani   Benjani EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 10:33 am

the old premiership footballer Benjani who played for Pompey (twice) man city sunderland (loan) and blackburn while also playing for his country Zimbabwe joined the club's youth setup as a trainee coach in december as part of the premiership's/efl/PFA scheme designed on getting ex professional players into coaching. No idea how long he will be here for but my guess its a placement scheme so he'll move on to another club at the end of the season.

the club mentioned that 2 days ago.   Given he wasn't a bad striker at all from memory the club should have him join up with the first team set up so the clown can learn even at Benjani's early stages of his new coaching career on how to set a team up to attack, pass oh and shoot at goal.

Last edited by Angry on Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 10:40 am

Is it becos ee is black?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 1:23 pm

Angry wrote:
the old premiership footballer Benjani who played for Pompey (twice) man city sunderland (loan) and blackburn while also playing for his country Zimbabwe joined the club's youth setup as a trainee coach in december as part of the premiership's/efl/PFA scheme designed on getting ex professional players into coaching. No idea how long he will be here for but my guess its a placement scheme so he'll move on to another club at the end of the season.

the club mentioned that 2 days ago.   Given he wasn't a bad striker at all from memory the club should have him join up with the first team set up so the clown can learn even at Benjani's early stages of his new coaching career on how to set a team up to attack, pass oh and shoot at goal.

Angry I saw Whittaker and Hardie shoot at goal last Saturday and miss, Hardie and Mumba one on ones against  Blackburn and miss and we lost 2 points because of it which would have put us 4 points clear.
Here we are clamouring for Hardie to play for Scotland and he misses gilt edge chances like that, some might want to blame Foster for that, what about the Championship top scorer Sczmodics, Blackburn changed Managers this season, they haven’t won a league match yet under their new manager but that hasn’t stopped him still banging them in.
Some of the hysteria on social media is laughable, depressing and startling to get quite personal.
I desperately want Foster to succeed cos that’ll mean the club’s succeeding and contrary to most opinions I don’t think we’ll be relegated.
Every supporter who pays their dosh are perfectly entitled to voice their opinions but that chanting on Saturday when we still had 20 or so minutes left to overcome a one goal deficit was disheartening and god knows what the players thought about it, maybe the mantra that Argyle supporters are really supportive of their team should include a caveat “only if they’re winning”
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 3:40 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Angry I saw Whittaker and Hardie shoot at goal last Saturday and miss, Hardie and Mumba one on ones against  Blackburn and miss and we lost 2 points because of it which would have put us 4 points clear.
Here we are clamouring for Hardie to play for Scotland and he misses gilt edge chances like that, some might want to blame Foster for that, what about the Championship top scorer Sczmodics, Blackburn changed Managers this season, they haven’t won a league match yet under their new manager but that hasn’t stopped him still banging them in.
Some of the hysteria on social media is laughable, depressing and startling to get quite personal.
I desperately want Foster to succeed cos that’ll mean the club’s succeeding and contrary to most opinions I don’t think we’ll be relegated.
Every supporter who pays their dosh are perfectly entitled to voice their opinions but that chanting on Saturday when we still had 20 or so minutes left to overcome a one goal deficit was disheartening and god knows what the players thought about it, maybe the mantra that Argyle supporters are really supportive of their team should include a caveat “only if they’re winning”

Ah yes,if we get relegated obviously it will because of the fans and not because Hallett and co have royally screwed up in appointing this guy.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 3:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

Ah yes,if we get relegated obviously it will because of the fans and not because Hallett and co have royally screwed up in appointing this guy.

Well there you are, I never wrote that nor meant it
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyThu Mar 21, 2024 4:54 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

once again the players had lots of support on saturday i was there myself and heard them the fans are not happy and quite rightly voicing their displeasure towards foster that his football is shit which it is and thats affecting the players badly and the board should not have hired him. As for Hardie he wont be getting any call up soon for Scotland regardless as steve clarke is loyal to his faves and unless hardie starts playing better and scoring more he wont force his way into his plans. Hardie is better off seeing if he has an irish granny or welsh grandad and try his luck with them.

If the players are playing like they are its because they do not believe in foster and hes lost them and its impossible to win them back we all saw that with del bhey in his last season the board left it far too late to act to save us and it looks like history will be repeating itself. If we stay up it will down to other teams dropping points not because we earned it out right thats not something worth celebrating considering when this guy took over we weren't in a relegation fight and had a healthy gap and should have seen us having a safe campaign securing mid table in our first season back in this league. He has managed to have us 2 points clear and on form alone we would be 23rd in the league and pretty much relegated. Thats not something worth defending him over.

anyways benjani could probably do a better job than this clown in charge now, from the video he looks like he hasnt had a rod shoved up his arse and the kids are enjoying being coached by him.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 9:10 am

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

once again the players had lots of support on saturday i was there myself and heard them the fans are not happy and quite rightly voicing their displeasure towards foster that his football is shit which it is and thats affecting the players badly and the board should not have hired him. As for Hardie he wont be getting any call up soon for Scotland regardless as steve clarke is loyal to his faves and unless hardie starts playing better and scoring more he wont force his way into his plans. Hardie is better off seeing if he has an irish granny or welsh grandad and try his luck with them.

If the players are playing like they are its because they do not believe in foster and hes lost them and its impossible to win them back we all saw that with del bhey in his last season the board left it far too late to act to save us and it looks like history will be repeating itself. If we stay up it will down to other teams dropping points not because we earned it out right thats not something worth celebrating considering when this guy took over we weren't in a relegation fight and had a healthy gap and should have seen us having a safe campaign securing mid table in our first season back in this league. He has managed to have us 2 points clear and on form alone we would be 23rd in the league and pretty much relegated. Thats not something worth defending him over.

anyways benjani could probably do a better job than this clown in charge now, from the video he looks like he hasnt had a rod shoved up his arse and the kids are enjoying being coached by him.

Angry we were in 18th position when Foster took over and we still are.
As I see it there’s no alternative to Foster at this stage in the season.
It’s almost like we need to be relegated to prove most of the posters right and i don’t think we will be.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 9:21 am

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

It’s almost like we need to be relegated to prove most of the posters right and i don’t think we will be.

Argyle were also 8 points clear of the drop, now it's 2.Foster has overseen 12 points taken from 12 games, which is relegation form no matter how you dress it up.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 10:12 am

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

The implication is there though. Why highlight the last 20 minutes of the Preston match rather than the previous 70 or indeed the previous 180 odd scoreless minutes when it was very clear that Argyle weren't going to score as long as their collective arses looked downwards?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 10:38 am

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

The implication is there though. Why highlight the last 20 minutes of the Preston match rather than the previous 70 or indeed the previous 180 odd scoreless minutes when it was very clear that Argyle weren't going to score as long as their collective arses looked downwards?

I highlighted it because that’s about when the nauseous chanting started I thought that was clear
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:12 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

There are plenty of alternatives to foster out there even now. They wont be found or sort until the job application is put up  for them to see. Just like of you put your house up for sale thats the only way to find another buyer.  No one is going to be vocal about someone elses job.

23rd out of 24 going by results starting from the clowns first game to now with other clubs results included that is relegation form no ifs or buts on that. There is no defending foster imo he is out of his depth not a good coach at all with first team players maybe hes ok with youth players but hes not running the youth team here and the only difference between him and carl fletcher is he had the fancy coaching badges when he took over here but other that he is just as clueless as carl was.

Even if he fluked a couple of wins in our last 8 and kept us up by a few points ie seen enough to see he wont be any better next season and i dont trust him to have a say in transfers as the guys hes recommended and have come here only 1 and half are any good (sorinola and gyabi just starting to look ok) the rest are poor and not ready for this level.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:31 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

I highlighted it because that’s about when the nauseous chanting started I thought that was clear

The chanting needed to happen. Unless we’re all content to live a happy clappy Pasoti-style existence of cap doffing towards the manager, then when things are clearly going badly wrong, it isn’t out of order to say it like it is.

If he’d earnt some slack, like Lowe and Shuey would have done, then it’s a different story. But as someone pointed out, his tenure has been one of literal relegation form, in terms of points won.

If Foster had at all endeared himself to the fanbase then that may have helped. But he hasn’t.

He’s dull, and so is his football.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

The chanting needed to happen. Unless we’re all content to live a happy clappy Pasoti-style existence of cap doffing towards the manager, then when things are clearly going badly wrong, it isn’t out of order to say it like it is.

If he’d earnt some slack, like Lowe and Shuey would have done, then it’s a different story. But as someone pointed out, his tenure has been one of literal relegation form, in terms of points won.

If Foster had at all endeared himself to the fanbase then that may have helped. But he hasn’t.

I remember watching that 6 nil stuffing at home to Charlton and there was nothing significantly negative coming from the crowd towards Lowe and the Snake that I recall and yet our minds appeared to be made up with this fella in less than 3 months, one down and still 20 mins to go and that crap comes out, not very endearing to the players was it, by all means we’re entitled to vent our spleen after the game but during it - really.
The only endearment I want from him is to keep us in the Championship and not all that fist bumping nonsense we had from the previous scousers.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:21 pm

Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

I remember watching that 6 nil stuffing at home to Charlton and there was nothing significantly negative coming from the crowd towards Lowe and the Snake that I recall and yet our minds appeared to be made up with this fella in less than 3 months, one down and still 20 mins to go and that crap comes out, not very endearing to the players was it, by all means we’re entitled to vent our spleen after the game but during it - really.
The only endearment I want from him is to keep us in the Championship and not all that fist bumping nonsense we had from the previous scousers.

We where never getting back into that game even if the fans where singing his praises all game, we were crap that day we could played on for another 90 minutes and still not had a shot on target.

Also i ask why should the fans back him especially the preston game? what did he do all game to endear himself to the fans to show hes at least trying? stood motionless with his hands in his pockets or arms folded blankly starring into space. No effort to change anything try and get a few players to up their game he did nothing and thats been the case for a number of games while performance ad results have been poor all while repeating the same bs to the media after each game that doesnt reflect reality. Why wouldnt the fans loose faith in him this soon witnessing all that? the fact this is the first time that i recall in my time supporting the club that the fans have been this quick and united in wanting a manager gone this quick says alot. This fanbase stood by bobby williamson, carl fletcher and david kemp at first before over time they lost the support of the fans and that was over a season at least.

The fans wont stop calling for his head till he gets his together and starts getting this team playing well and winning more. thats all the fans want not a carbon copy of schumacher or lowe just a manager who has us competiting well at this level no one is expecting him to win the league or even get us in the playoff picture but what they are seeing again is nothing like that and its getting worse.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 8:14 pm

Wasn't the Charlton game played in an empty Home Park due to lockdown?

I seem to remember posting that Lowe had had a lucky escape because if there had been a crowd, they would have turned on him.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 8:29 pm

6-0 at home [can't ever remember Argyle conceding 6 at home in a league match in my time,may be wrong] is a complete humiliation and Argyles recent collapse must lead to serious questions being asked in terms of the management,budgeting and recruitment for next season.Good job they picked up those few points some weeks back or we could have been waving to Del bhey as he passed on the way.It is an amazingly similar season to Adams last-generally poor standard of loan players, unproven signings from mid table lower division clubs, cracks papered over for a while,chickens coming home to roost. Certainly makes you wonder where the club is in terms of being financially competitive even at third division level,notwithstanding the obvious loss of income from this years exceptional circumstances.

Just one of the comments after the 0-6 humiliation by Charlton.

The amazing thing is that barely half a season later PNE thought Lowe was good enough to run their team!

Perhaps we need to keep hold of Foster in the hope that someone will be daft enough to pay compo to take him off our hands next season!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 9:11 pm

Grovehill wrote:

I seem to remember posting that Lowe had had a lucky escape because if there had been a crowd, they would have turned on him.

i actually agree with you there. Before the pandemic we started to tail off from the league two title/promotion chase with results lucky for us we did enough in the eyes of the league to gain promotion automatically as to be honest i wouldn't have been so confident in the playoffs.

Lowe's biggest mistake in his first season in league one was not investing in the defence more as they were our weaklink as that 6-0 defeat showed and there where other big defeats too i recall. plus sawyer and aimson where forever injured and less said about opkou and watts the better.
That was a strange season for many reasons but i think that was also lowe's learning curve i feel as his tactics started to include defending ad we invested in better defenders in scarr, gilesphrey wilson bolton galloway etc and not so much gun ho attack and the following season he started to get it right with schumacher building on it.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 10:27 pm

Angry wrote:
Grovehill wrote:

i actually agree with you there. Before the pandemic we started to tail off from the league two title/promotion chase with results lucky for us we did enough in the eyes of the league to gain promotion automatically as to be honest i wouldn't have been so confident in the playoffs.

Lowe's biggest mistake in his first season in league one was not investing in the defence more as they were our weaklink as that 6-0 defeat showed and there where other big defeats too i recall. plus sawyer and aimson where forever injured and less said about opkou and watts the better.
That was a strange season for many reasons but i think that was also lowe's learning curve i feel as his tactics started to include defending ad we invested in better defenders in scarr, gilesphrey wilson bolton galloway etc and not so much gun ho attack and the following season he started to get it right with schumacher building on it.

One of the players that i'd completely forgotten about. That bloke Paul Hart sends out the birthdays of ex Argyle players on a daily basis on Facebook and often you think to yourself "who the feck was he?" Had a look on gos about that season and about 10 of the players on the squad list genuinely couldn't say who they came from or where they went-maybe a touch of senility but jeez there was some dross there as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Benjani Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benjani   Benjani Empty

Back to top Go down

Benjani
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: