HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

valentines day broken hearted article

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

valentines day broken hearted article Empty
PostSubject: valentines day broken hearted article   valentines day broken hearted article EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 7:26 pm

Big si has done his own staplewallet and done an interview pining for the snake. Not sure what the point is in doing this now its been almost 2 months since he left and we have a new manager he should be backing not talking about the ex being a snided and him being naive in believing people in football. Foster's not here for life whether hes sacked or resigns so best bet used to mangers/head coaches coming and going.

hope that data they are running everything off isnt called football manager.

Simon Hallett opens up over Plymouth Argyle exit of Steven Schumacher

from the link wrote:
Argyle's owner and chairman has admitted Schumacher's move to Championship rivals Stoke City in December came out of the blue

Simon Hallett has admitted he felt let down when Steven Schumacher left Plymouth Argyle as manager to take over at Stoke City shortly before Christmas.

In the first of a two-part interview with the the Pilgrims Podcast, which was released today, Hallett said he had been surprised by the speed of Schumacher's exit but accepted he should not have been as it was almost exactly the same as when the previous Pilgrims' boss, Ryan Lowe, was appointed by Preston North End in December 2021.

Hallett also spoke about the process which led to former England under-20s head coach Ian Foster taking charge of Argyle and believes the 47-year-old 'has got the potential to be every bit as good as Steven would have been.'

Schumacher, who led Argyle to the 2022/23 League One title with an incredible haul of 101 points, joined Stoke on a three-and-a-half year contract on December 19, three days after the Pilgrims' 3-2 win against Rotherham United at Home Park.

Hallett said on the podcast: "I think we had been very good to Schuey. Did I feel let down? Yeah. I had a few pints with Schuey in The Dolphin about 10 days before he called to say he was leaving.

"It was like 'It's a Wednesday night, there's no game, let's have a beer', so we had a couple of beers in The Dolphin. We obviously talked about football, long-term plans and other stuff.

"Schuey and his wife know my family so I had kind of thought we were friends. I went on a horrible fairground ride with Schuey's kids because he was too scared to do it.

"So to have it come out of the blue like that, I felt a little bit let down but I'm afraid that's the way it works in football."

Hallett added: "I will be back on good terms with Schuey one day I hope. I don't think he has got any reason to be bitter towards me. I'm back on reasonable terms with Ryan now."

The manner of Schumacher's departure has tarnished the status he is held on by some of Argyle's Green Army and Hallett addressed that. He said: "We all knew that if ever he got offered the Everton job he was going, and God Bless him, boyhood dream achieved, and he would go as a hero.

"Schuey has been around while we have built Argyle to where it is today, and could have been around when we built it even further. I think I joked to somebody - only half-joking - if Schuey ever lost the dressing room we would change the dressing room!

"He was terrific for us, and by the way our last three managers have been fantastic for us in different environments. Derek (Adams) was very good for us at the time. He obviously left in a different way from Schuey and Ryan.

"Ryan, I think, would not have been as good for us long term as Schuey would have been, but at the time he was perfect - absolutely perfect.

"Ryan's extrovert nature, his relationship with the fans, his enthusiasm, restored the relationship between the club and the fanbase that had kind of deteriorated in the previous year or so."

Hallett continued: "I think Schuey should have been a manager for a very long time at Argyle. I still think it's a shame he decided to move on. I hope it works out for him but as it happens we have now got Fozzy.

"I think Fozzy has got the potential to be every bit as good as Steven would have been. He's probably more advanced in his career than Steven was."

On the appointment of Foster, Hallett said: "We had so many applicants for the job. We had already started work on identifying successors.

"Our basic goal is to have a successor or two for every major position in the club. We are not there yet, but we had started work on identifying Schuey's successor.

"We have been very explicit about this. We want an Argyle way of playing football. There will be little bits of differences between managers but essentially we are going to be playing on the ground vertical football with an emphasis on attack.

"So using data we identified 10 or 12 people who seemed pretty consistently to play the same kind of football that we wanted to play, so that was our shortlist. You then start making a few calls to check on their personalities and you end up with a very short list and then we interviewed them."

Last edited by Angry on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: valentines day broken hearted article   valentines day broken hearted article EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 8:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Big si has done his own staplewallet and done an interview pining for the snake. Not sure what the point is in doing this now its been almost 2 months since he left and we have a new manager he should be backing now not  talking about the guy being a snided and him naive in believing people in football. Foster's not here for life whether hes sacked or resigns so best bet used to mangers/head coaches coming and going.

from the link wrote:
Argyle's owner and chairman has admitted Schumacher's move to Championship rivals Stoke City in December came out of the blue

Simon Hallett has admitted he felt let down when Steven Schumacher left Plymouth Argyle as manager to take over at Stoke City shortly before Christmas.

In the first of a two-part interview with the the Pilgrims Podcast, which was released today, Hallett said he had been surprised by the speed of Schumacher's exit but accepted he should not have been as it was almost exactly the same as when the previous Pilgrims' boss, Ryan Lowe, was appointed by Preston North End in December 2021.

Hallett also spoke about the process which led to former England under-20s head coach Ian Foster taking charge of Argyle and believes the 47-year-old 'has got the potential to be every bit as good as Steven would have been.'

Schumacher, who led Argyle to the 2022/23 League One title with an incredible haul of 101 points, joined Stoke on a three-and-a-half year contract on December 19, three days after the Pilgrims' 3-2 win against Rotherham United at Home Park.

Hallett said on the podcast: "I think we had been very good to Schuey. Did I feel let down? Yeah. I had a few pints with Schuey in The Dolphin about 10 days before he called to say he was leaving.

"It was like 'It's a Wednesday night, there's no game, let's have a beer', so we had a couple of beers in The Dolphin. We obviously talked about football, long-term plans and other stuff.

"Schuey and his wife know my family so I had kind of thought we were friends. I went on a horrible fairground ride with Schuey's kids because he was too scared to do it.

"So to have it come out of the blue like that, I felt a little bit let down but I'm afraid that's the way it works in football."

Hallett added: "I will be back on good terms with Schuey one day I hope. I don't think he has got any reason to be bitter towards me. I'm back on reasonable terms with Ryan now."

The manner of Schumacher's departure has tarnished the status he is held on by some of Argyle's Green Army and Hallett addressed that. He said: "We all knew that if ever he got offered the Everton job he was going, and God Bless him, boyhood dream achieved, and he would go as a hero.

"Schuey has been around while we have built Argyle to where it is today, and could have been around when we built it even further. I think I joked to somebody - only half-joking - if Schuey ever lost the dressing room we would change the dressing room!

"He was terrific for us, and by the way our last three managers have been fantastic for us in different environments. Derek (Adams) was very good for us at the time. He obviously left in a different way from Schuey and Ryan.

"Ryan, I think, would not have been as good for us long term as Schuey would have been, but at the time he was perfect - absolutely perfect.

"Ryan's extrovert nature, his relationship with the fans, his enthusiasm, restored the relationship between the club and the fanbase that had kind of deteriorated in the previous year or so."

Hallett continued: "I think Schuey should have been a manager for a very long time at Argyle. I still think it's a shame he decided to move on. I hope it works out for him but as it happens we have now got Fozzy.

"I think Fozzy has got the potential to be every bit as good as Steven would have been. He's probably more advanced in his career than Steven was."

On the appointment of Foster, Hallett said: "We had so many applicants for the job. We had already started work on identifying successors.

"Our basic goal is to have a successor or two for every major position in the club. We are not there yet, but we had started work on identifying Schuey's successor.

"We have been very explicit about this. We want an Argyle way of playing football. There will be little bits of differences between managers but essentially we are going to be playing on the ground vertical football with an emphasis on attack.

"So using data we identified 10 or 12 people who seemed pretty consistently to play the same kind of football that we wanted to play, so that was our shortlist. You then start making a few calls to check on their personalities and you end up with a very short list and then we interviewed them."
Don’t think he’s pining Angry, just feeling let down and so he and we should be, having a pint in the pub with your boss talking football matters whilst knowing that alledgedly he’d applied for 1 maybe 2 jobs and potentially had already had a preliminary interview with Stoke, so the bit you did get right was calling Schumacher the “Snake” cos that’s what he is.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: valentines day broken hearted article   valentines day broken hearted article EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 3:00 pm

If Schue was scared to go on a fairground ride with his kids, he must be shitting himself on the big dipper that is Stoke City
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: valentines day broken hearted article   valentines day broken hearted article EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 4:43 pm

F%[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Schumacher the rat bastard it won’t be long before stoke sack him seems the natives have already gone on the turn with him …oh well what a shame lol
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: valentines day broken hearted article   valentines day broken hearted article EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Big si has done his own staplewallet and done an interview pining for the snake. Not sure what the point is in doing this now its been almost 2 months since he left and we have a new manager he should be backing now not  talking about the guy being a snided and him naive in believing people in football. Foster's not here for life whether hes sacked or resigns so best bet used to mangers/head coaches coming and going.

from the link wrote:

Don’t think he’s pining Angry, just feeling let down and so he and we should be, having a pint in the pub with your boss talking football matters whilst knowing that alledgedly he’d applied for 1 maybe 2 jobs and potentially had already had a preliminary interview with Stoke, so the bit you did get right was calling Schumacher the “Snake” cos that’s what he is.

my point was i didn't get the point of him doing this interview now when the situation is over with and we have moved on with a new manager. Its like opening up old wounds rather than leave them alone and move on.

Simon talking about the good times he had with the snake gives of the impression of pining to me the guy has gone there would be no way he would ever be welcome back here the fans would never allow it especially after he cost us Cundle for the rest of the season with his snideness and simon coming out with that info about fairground rides and pints in the dolphin isnt going to do anyone any good. We know he fecked us over they dont need to be reminded.

We all knew he would leave eventually even the club knew he would hence why they gave him a improved contract the Christmas before last so his compensation package was higher than it would have been if the club didn't upgrade it. We where all let down when it did happen due to the manner of how he left us and for the club he left us for which wasn't a club currently doing better than us nor a club that anyone would say is a step up given their recent history and how ruthless they are for sacking up and coming managers they hired for the job his mask slipped like holloway's. Like with Holloway i dont see him lasting long in his new job as the stoke fans are not warming to him at all.

His leaving imo was alot worse than when Lowe left as that was not as big a surprise when it happened as he always made it known he was using us a stop gap to get a bigger job so wasn't going to be here long. scuhey was acting like he was going to be here for a few more seasons that's why the fanbase wont ever forgive him despite all he did here winning the league one title by a miracle.

i do agree that him applying for jobs and planning for the future here with the owner was snakey but simon im sure has dealt with people like that in his employment world in the job he did so im not sure i get why he was felt betrayed that much by schuey doing that. What i am more interested about now is how he is going to be with our manager now that he has to hope is a successful appointment still too early to judge him on that after all the razzle dazzle of picking him from out of no where over more experienced managers to take over here..... then didnt give him a budget to bring in the players we needed on top of replacing like for like with outgoings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: valentines day broken hearted article   valentines day broken hearted article Empty

Back to top Go down

valentines day broken hearted article
Page 1 of 1