+2
Tgwu
Jethro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  Empty
PostSubject: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 12:17 pm

Steven Schumacher has confirmed that James Bolton will not be ready for the start of the new season after another Plymouth Argyle defender, Brendan Galloway, made his return to action after eight months out.

Bolton is 'progressing fine' after suffering a broken bone in his left foot during the away League One game against Ipswich Town in March but has not started any ball work yet.

The 27-year-old will not be ready for the season-opening game against Barnsley at Home Park on Saturday, July 30 but Schumacher is confident that Bolton 'won't be too long' after that.

Galloway played for the first time since last November when he made his comeback from a serious knee injury as a 72nd minute substitute in the 1-0 defeat by Bristol City on Saturday.

The Zimbabwe international will get more game time, probably as a substitute again, in the away pre-season games against Torquay United tomorrow night and Yeovil Town on Saturday.

On Bolton, Schumacher told Plymouth Live: "He's not involved with the balls or anything yet so, realistically, he will not be ready for the very start of the season.

"He's progressing fine but he's not in any sort of ball work or contact work yet. It's just small steps with him and two weeks isn't going to be enough for him to be ready for the first game, but I'm sure he won't be too long.

"The transfer window doesn't shut until September 1 so if Bolts isn't right and we don't think he's going to be right for then, hopefully we will have enough left in the budget to bring in cover if and when needed."

With Bolton still out, the return of Galloway will add to the defensive options for Schumacher, who has James Wilson, Dan Scarr and Macaulay Gillesphey available to him at the moment, plus teenage duo Oscar Halls and Brandon Pursall.

Schumacher said: "I'm made up to have Brendan back. He has been out for so long, he has been on a real tough journey to come back from a major injury.

"He's a great lad, a great professional and I'm so pleased to have him back involved. Obviously, he's going to need more minutes, going to need more game time, more training sessions.

"He will just go from strength to strength now. Coming on the pitch, that's the first barrier you have got to get over and thankfully he has done it.

After such a lengthy absence, Argyle will be patient with Galloway and give him plenty of time to get back to full fitness.

Schumacher said: "Everything will just become more natural. When you have been out for so long it feels like your boots on the wrong feet. He did look a little bit rusty (against Bristol City) but that's just to expected, everyone does that.

"He will have been made up to get some minutes, he will get some more minutes next week and then the Truro game, hopefully, will be a good opportunity for him to get a 90 in. It's all going in the right direction.

"He's experienced enough to know that it's a long process coming back from injuries. He has had enough injuries in his career to understand how it works.

"He knows there is no rush for him to be knocking on the door saying 'Why aren't I playing?' First and foremost he has just to get himself physically right.

"He's doing well, the medical team have looked after him great and he has put the work in himself. He will be ready when he's ready."

Midfielder Panutche Camara also returned from injury as a 60th minute substitute against Bristol City, and with Schumacher bringing in Finn Azaz and Bali Mumba last week on season-long loans from Aston Villa and Norwich City respectively the Argyle squad has now been strengthened considerably.

Schumacher said: "It's really important because going into a tough League One campaign you need people that you can rely on, people that when someone has got a niggle or a dip in form they are ready to step up.

"Having as many fit and available players who can help the team at your disposal is invaluable. I think we are building a good squad, we have got two more injured lads to come back (Bolton and Conor Grant) which will make us stronger.

"Hopefully, we will have one, maybe two more, in the door and that will make us even stronger again."
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 12:18 pm

Personally I'd go out and get a CB in for 6 months on loan if Bolton and Galloway are having to be nursed like this along with the striker or two we need
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 2:13 pm

No mention of Grant
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 5:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
No mention of Grant

Only to say he's yet to come back I'd imagine that means it's not imminent.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 5:35 pm

What seems worrying there seems to be a lot of injuries & niggles in the squad before the season even starts ffs …this ain’t boading well before the season even starts …plus we’re still shy for a couple of strikers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 5:51 pm

RegGreen wrote:
What seems worrying there seems to be a lot of injuries & niggles in the squad before the season even starts ffs …this ain’t boading well before the season even starts …plus we’re still shy for a couple of strikers

And with the injury record of Galloway and Bolton i would sign another central defender on top of those strikers too as i cant see any way that either one or both are not going to pick up regular injuries during this season and that will leave us very short on numbers.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 5:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
No mention of Grant

Only to say he's yet to come back I'd imagine that means it's not imminent.

I hope its not too long otherwise why green light a season long loan for Ryan Law leaving us with only one LWB going into the season. I like to think the club arent that stupid to do that if they werent confident Grant will be back soon otherwise someone screwed up badly.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 9:30 am

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

And with the injury record of Galloway and Bolton i would sign another central defender on top of those strikers too as i cant see any way that either one or both are not going to pick up regular injuries during this season and that will leave us very short on numbers.

I think rather than go out sign another player I think we are looking at playing with a 2 instead of a 3.

Bolton is a peculiar one, when he was in the team we were on great run hardly conceding but always feel he has a error in him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update    Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bolton not fit for start of season + Galloway update
Page 1 of 1