Go down 
+2
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Derby in danger of liquidation? Empty
PostSubject: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Sky Sports News has been told that two of the concrete offers to buy Derby County are 'not easily resurrectable' and that if Chris Kirchner’s deal to buy the club falls through, there is real danger the club could be liquidated.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 9:15 pm

Sounds like our good old days, accept my offer or your club gets it, there will be a Porky up there itnefering as well. I wish them well, the fans that is, sure it will work out.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 6:27 pm

Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

The Rams have been in administration since September last year and were relegated to League One last season.

"I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by events that have happened over the last 18 months," he said.

The former Everton, Manchester United and England forward said he had been "closely following developments" regarding the ownership of the club and informed joint administrators Quantuma of his decision at a meeting on Friday during which they tried "tremendously hard" to change his mind.

"My time at the club has been a rollercoaster of emotions, both highs and lows, but I have to say that I have enjoyed the challenge," Rooney added.

"I will remember my time at Derby with great pride and affection and would like to thank all my staff, players and of course the fans for their incredible support. I will never forget you and hope to see you all again in the near future and in happier times.

"Finally, I am aware that the club still have interested parties who wish to take over the running of the club. To them I say this, Derby County is a great club with a great history and great fans. I wish you all the best and much success for the future."
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 6:43 pm

shame to here we wont see Rooney at home park next season but i cant blame him for wanting to leave that sinking ship.
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2022 7:36 pm

A local property developer has bought the ground and loaned the club money.
What could possibly go wrong
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:43 pm

The Cornflake wrote:
A local property developer has bought the ground and loaned the club money.
What could possibly go wrong

Depends,
Have they developed anything? like ever.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 10:05 am

This guy is worth £300m doesn't sound like a Brent and has way more money than SI, question is will he spend it on the Rams or look to be increase his portfolio with Nandoes and dentists? I always thought they would get sorted and if this guy is a real fan (I know anyone who buys a club immediately rises way above any real lifelong fan) then expect them to get back to the CCC in no time. Good luck to them.
Local property developer David Clowes has had his bid to buy Derby County accepted and hopes to complete the purchase on Wednesday.

Clowes announced his intention to try to take the Rams out of administration on Friday after buying Pride Park from Derby's former owner Mel Morris.

Derby's administrators Quantuma said Clowes, 53, had now been granted preferred bidder status.

The news came as the Rams appointed Liam Rosenior, 37, as interim manager.

Rosenior will take charge when Derby report back for pre-season training on Monday following Friday's departure of England and Manchester United's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney as boss.

I was always surprised that Rosenior didn't go onto better things always rated him.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Rosenior will take charge when Derby report back for pre-season training on Monday following Friday's departure of England and Manchester United's record goalscorer Wayne Rooney as boss.

I was always surprised that Rosenior didn't go onto better things always rated him.

Are you sure you're not confusing Liam with his dad? This is his first proper managerial job (apart from Brighton U23s).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 2:01 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Are you sure you're not confusing Liam with his dad? This is his first proper managerial job (apart from Brighton U23s).

That's exactly what I did. Embarassed Leroy innit.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 5:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That's exactly what I did. Embarassed Leroy innit.

whatever happend to Leroy after that farce that occurred at Torquay where the old chairman hired him then the new one fired him on the sameday i havent seen or heard about him.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 6:28 pm

You know I've not the foggiest.

I looked him up but apart from a brief spell in Sierra Leone after that Torquay farce his coaching work seems to have stalled.

That was 15 years back.
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 8:09 pm

Amazed the Wiggy chap dont know, he's normally the sage of everything.
Anyway, anyone off to do some organic farming by via air miles in pandemic Sri Lanka ?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 8:19 pm

The Cornflake wrote:
Amazed the Wiggy chap dont know, he's normally the sage of  everything.
Anyway, anyone off to do some organic farming  by via air miles in pandemic Sri Lanka ?

Go and play with your toy cars wanker.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 8:18 pm

Derby have been saved huzzah and hurray for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derby in danger of liquidation?   Derby in danger of liquidation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Derby in danger of liquidation?
Page 1 of 1