HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wimmins World Cup.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 11:35 am

What's your views on it? I'm still struggling to watch a whole game although the standard is much better than it used to be. Sort of high end league 1 to lower end of CCC quality but the pace seems to be the obvious lack.
The Sweaties getting sent home by the Argies was hilarious it could easily have been an England game, it looked like they would just keep re taking the pen until it went in lol.
Final conclusion is that VAR is total bollocks, bin it for the sake of the game. Weve seen it in international rugby massively slowing the game down.
Also it's not only the blokes that like to time waste and bitch at the refs the girls are learning that well.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 2:45 pm

Have not watched a single game and nor will I in the future. Holds no interest to me whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
What's your views on it? I'm still struggling to watch a whole game although the standard is much better than it used to be. Sort of high end league 1 to lower end of CCC quality but the pace seems to be the obvious lack.
The Sweaties getting sent home by the Argies was hilarious it could easily have been an England game, it looked like they would just keep re taking the pen until it went in lol.
Final conclusion is that VAR is total bollocks, bin it for the sake of the game. Weve seen it in international rugby massively slowing the game down.
Also it's not only the blokes that like to time waste and bitch at the refs the girls are learning that well.

Ears you gotta be joking? From what I've seen they'd struggle in the conference.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Ears you gotta be joking?  From what I've seen they'd struggle in the conference.

Rubbish most would be a shoe in at Argyle. Maybe CCC is stretching it a bit and deffo for the lower teams but there are some good players out there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Ears you gotta be joking?  From what I've seen they'd struggle in the conference.

Rubbish most would be a shoe in at Argyle. Maybe CCC is stretching it a bit and deffo for the lower teams but there are some good players out there.

They look good against other women, put them against a pro mens team, even non league and they'd get mullered.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 6:06 pm

There's only one way to find out!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyThu Jun 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Les Miz is right and Ewga is hopelessly wrong.

I think this settles the argument..

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

and just in case you thought it was a fluke..

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-70-to-team-of-15yearold-boys-a3257266.html

Next up will be somebody claiming that league 2 is of a better standard than the MLS...
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. EmptyFri Jun 21, 2019 9:09 am

I find the pace is quite slow, and some of the keepers are hopeless (England keeper looked quite assured against Japan- although I fell asleep watching it). I agree that most of the women's teams would struggle in a male league- especially with some teams having 5'5" keepers and they would possibly be competitive very low down the pyramid.

I think VAR is a good concept, but the officials using it are poor. Some of the handball decisions for penalties are quire bizarre though (e.g. Man Utd v PSG).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wimmins World Cup. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wimmins World Cup.   Wimmins World Cup. Empty

Back to top Go down

Wimmins World Cup.
Page 1 of 1