Mock Cuncher
Nick
seadog
LondonGreen
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Iggy wrote:
I don't believe that no one on pbay knows anything about this, as to contacting the police PP, is it really that bad? Sad maybe and not not funny, an odd grin maybe, if Sturtz had written it would have been much better.
I honestly think that this is because relations between ATD and Pasoti are a lot less strained now and some people aren't comfortable about it.

Yes, Iggy, it is that bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 pm

If it's true that some members are getting abusive, threatening or harrassing texts/phonecalls and emails then I think the police should be informed.
Back to top Go down
BoscoppaGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 pm

I think 'they' have the ability to hack my e-mails and have access to my Facebook and Twitter account, does anybody on here know if the culprits are from ATD or PASOTI?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 pm

It is important to keep tugging at the scab on the wound, that way it can never heal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Boscoppa, are you suggesting that you are a member of the 'spoof' site and they have accessed your emails and FB and Twitter accounts? Or are you suggesting that you have had your emails, etc hacked by not being a member of the 'spoof'?

Either way, if you can prove this, you need to contact the police.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:19 pm

BoscoppaGreen wrote:
I think 'they' have the ability to hack my e-mails and have access to my Facebook and Twitter account, does anybody on here know if the culprits are from ATD or PASOTI?

What a rather silly comment Boscoppa from one of our 'new wave' of recent posters ... almost a spoonerism, if you know what I mean.
I've sent you an email, could you please reply to it before posting again. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Once again we come back to that word 'banter'. I think that 'ADT' goes much further than banter; it seems to indicate some pretty obsessive behaviour. Some of it attempts to be funny (sorry, but as a Private Eye reader I have quite high standards on satire and parody), but some is just plain nasty. I can understand the odd thread here and there to wind up 'the other side', but to design a whole website is odd and slightly worrying behaviour. Along with all the rest of the stuff which is going on, someone needs to get to the bottom of this. It's a shame if that has to be the police, but needs must...

I don't quite understand why there have been posts here and on Pasoti saying that relations are better between the two sites. To some extent, all-out war has calmed down into regular sniping (in fairness on both sides), but it's pretty clear that this whole thing cannot just be sorted out simply by the passing of time. There are issues which need dealing with. One of those is the Newell question. Personally, he strikes me as an unsubtle oaf. How can there be any kind of peace between Pasoti and ATD while he keeps, in virtually every other post, pointedly referring to freaks and weirdos. Now, apart from the fact that what he calls freaks and weirdos seem simply to be people who are demanding openness and accountability from a football club which has suffered through lack of the same, Newell's closeness to Chris Webb is not right.

Just a reminder of what CW said upon becoming President: 'I see my role as trying to sell the club to the south west of England to show that our house is in order...This is not an award for me personally but for the whole of the Green Army...I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis.' These laudable sentiments are in contradiction with the way that he has cut off communication with this website and with his closeness to Newell. When Webb took the job on, as far as I can see, he commited himself to keeping the lines of communication open with all supporters. Otherwise his statement of aims was just hot air. Sure, the frustration felt has led to insults being chucked at him, and that cannot be easy to handle. Unfortunately though, in a public position, if you can't take the insults then you should never have put your head above the parapet.

As club President, it clearly falls to CW to make the first move - and no, I don't just mean saying let bygones be bygones because there are issues to be resolved. The first step would be to reopen lines of communication with this site. There would need to be full and frank discussions about the concerns over Brent's takeover, from the appointment of Fletcher to the perceived lack of money spent in January. Also someone really ought to address the question of why Brent took over the club. No secret has been made of the fact that he is a businessman, not a football man. Therefore the question of what he hopes to get out of the deal is not only legitimate but hugely important. Of course (virtually) everyone is pleased that the club has been saved. But there is not even any implied criticism in questioning Brent's motives - he's a businessman, and businessmen don't (or rarely) just spend money out of the goodness of their hearts. This question seems to me to be even more important given that public funds were used in order to help the deal go through. And it seems healthy given the car-crash of the previous regime that supporters take an interest in the running of the club.

Questions about these issues on Pasoti seem to result in those who ask them being at best harangued, at worst banished. This has led to a perception that Pasoti is too close to those running the club. It seems like a no-brainer to me that the role of supporters' websites is not just to blindly support the club but also to address these difficult questions. No-one held a gun to Chris Webb's head to force him to become President; it is up to him to sort this out or at least to try. He should also publicly distance himself from Newell who is a divisive and aggressive figure. Until these things happen (and probably a few more besides...), the conflict between the two websites may calm down but it will never be over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:29 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Once again we come back to that word 'banter'. I think that 'ADT' goes much further than banter; it seems to indicate some pretty obsessive behaviour. Some of it attempts to be funny (sorry, but as a Private Eye reader I have quite high standards on satire and parody), but some is just plain nasty. I can understand the odd thread here and there to wind up 'the other side', but to design a whole website is odd and slightly worrying behaviour. Along with all the rest of the stuff which is going on, someone needs to get to the bottom of this. It's a shame if that has to be the police, but needs must...

I don't quite understand why there have been posts here and on Pasoti saying that relations are better between the two sites. To some extent, all-out war has calmed down into regular sniping (in fairness on both sides), but it's pretty clear that this whole thing cannot just be sorted out simply by the passing of time. There are issues which need dealing with. One of those is the Newell question. Personally, he strikes me as an unsubtle oaf. How can there be any kind of peace between Pasoti and ATD while he keeps, in virtually every other post, pointedly referring to freaks and weirdos. Now, apart from the fact that what he calls freaks and weirdos seem simply to be people who are demanding openness and accountability from a football club which has suffered through lack of the same, Newell's closeness to Chris Webb is not right.

Just a reminder of what CW said upon becoming President: 'I see my role as trying to sell the club to the south west of England to show that our house is in order...This is not an award for me personally but for the whole of the Green Army...I can be a great ambassador for the club and hope I can be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis.' These laudable sentiments are in contradiction with the way that he has cut off communication with this website and with his closeness to Newell. When Webb took the job on, as far as I can see, he commited himself to keeping the lines of communication open with all supporters. Otherwise his statement of aims was just hot air. Sure, the frustration felt has led to insults being chucked at him, and that cannot be easy to handle. Unfortunately though, in a public position, if you can't take the insults then you should never have put your head above the parapet.

As club President, it clearly falls to CW to make the first move - and no, I don't just mean saying let bygones be bygones because there are issues to be resolved. The first step would be to reopen lines of communication with this site. There would need to be full and frank discussions about the concerns over Brent's takeover, from the appointment of Fletcher to the perceived lack of money spent in January. Also someone really ought to address the question of why Brent took over the club. No secret has been made of the fact that he is a businessman, not a football man. Therefore the question of what he hopes to get out of the deal is not only legitimate but hugely important. Of course (virtually) everyone is pleased that the club has been saved. But there is not even any implied criticism in questioning Brent's motives - he's a businessman, and businessmen don't (or rarely) just spend money out of the goodness of their hearts. This question seems to me to be even more important given that public funds were used in order to help the deal go through. And it seems healthy given the car-crash of the previous regime that supporters take an interest in the running of the club.

Questions about these issues on Pasoti seem to result in those who ask them being at best harangued, at worst banished. This has led to a perception that Pasoti is too close to those running the club. It seems like a no-brainer to me that the role of supporters' websites is not just to blindly support the club but also to address these difficult questions. No-one held a gun to Chris Webb's head to force him to become President; it is up to him to sort this out or at least to try. He should also publicly distance himself from Newell who is a divisive and aggressive figure. Until these things happen (and probably a few more besides...), the conflict between the two websites may calm down but it will never be over.

I agree charleymouse
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Well said Charleymouse. Can you not post these sentiments on Pasoti as well or are you one of the banned brigade?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Boscoppa, are you suggesting that you are a member of the 'spoof' site and they have accessed your emails and FB and Twitter accounts? Or are you suggesting that you have had your emails, etc hacked by not being a member of the 'spoof'?

Either way, if you can prove this, you need to contact the police.

Bosco is sorted now, should be posting here soon I hope, another refugee from the Gulag.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
London/Iggs, how do you think I feel! I'm the 14th most frequent poster in the history of ATD, as well as being a key member of the old site, and do I get a mention? Not a SNIFFLE! To think they have included Ryan Ferguson on there as well...the mind BOGGLES. I'm taking it up with the local sheriff.

Two ways of looking at it Mock. I agree with you, some of it is actually quite funny, though as a fellow non-targetee, I guess it is easier to laugh? And I also agree, if anything, you're probably the most target-worthy, given your take on everything. In a way maybe it is your take on things that has spared you? Either that, or (like myself) you're just not worthy. Very Happy

From others perspective though, I can also agree it is pretty creepy that someone has gone to these sort of lengths, purely to take the piss out of...

1) Longstanding ATD & Argyletalk grievance holders Mad Laughing
2) Anyone who dares to hold a different opinion to Pasoti (present or past) hierarchy
or
3) some young gobby pasoti poster (ferguson?) & Rick Cowdrey.

You'd think our Nick would have got the treatment too!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Nah, swampy, I've never posted on Pasoti, and I don't really want the hassle that that would inevitably bring. If anyone else wants to post it over there, feel free (maybe lop off the bits about Newell being an oaf - true but not constructive). I'm going for a lie-down - this post is far too short Smile
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Oh cheer up you miserable sods.

Just seen on Pasoti that someone called spooner is having his posts deleted from here? Oh dear.

Last edited by GreenTint on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 pm

GreenTint wrote:
Oh cheer up you miserable sods.

Just seen on Pasoti that someone called spooner is having his posts deleted? Oh dear.

I know awful isn't it? Not being allowed more than one account! He was so upset by it he had to open a Pasoti account to ask them for help Razz
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Posty chimed in right on cue........
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
You'd think our Nick would have got the treatment too!!

They know better than to mess with me silent

Or, er, something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:11 pm

The newest member is Necked Razz
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Shocked

I expect to see some badly-photoshopped tweaks to their banner by the time I get home!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm on there twice Very Happy

I think its a team effort. One is quite clear (as its the same humour that was used in the last days of the old Argyle Talk website).

He calls people stalkers and obsessed but he's clearly 'not right'. When I read it ealier it seemed to suggest one poster from here was some sort of paedo pig
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Hey I'm on there...donkey's years of being ignored on Pasoti, five minutes on here and this site has made me FAMOUS cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm

I wasn't going to post - feed the fire and all that - but.....

Whether it's funny or not isn't important. The butts of these jokes are big enough and ugly enough to cope - some of them are as capable of giving it out as receiving it. What I don't understand is why a young lad like Ryan/Bethel comes in for it and gets pilloried the same as the others. That just looks like ridiculous bullying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 pm

God knows Knetch, all I know is that there are one or two people out there with strange personality disorders and the more it's mentioned the more they do it and despite the hole universe recognising who is responsible, they seem unable to grasp that they have shot their own credibility down in flames. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:53 pm

I see ZeeZan thinks it's funny that Bodmin Tew on Pasoti has made a comment saying the Avatar of swingreen, a pig in a swimming pool, is a photo of Tringreens wife.

Rearrange these words into a sentence ZZ, kettle, black, pot ,calling, the.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I see ZeeZan thinks it's funny that Bodmin Tew on Pasoti has made a comment saying the Avatar of swingreen, a pig in a swimming pool, is a photo of Tringreens wife.

I've just asked a question about that.Very odd thing to say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:

She's managed to do quite an effective job of taking what I said to her this morning and twisting it beyond recognition. Well done, Zee, I bet the congratulatory PM's are flooding in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)   Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ermmmm.... (Argyle Democratic Talk)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next