Yea Man
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Martyn Starnes going Empty
PostSubject: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:14 pm

The Plymouth Argyle Board of Directors has received notice from Martyn Starnes that he intends to stand down as the club's Chief Executive Officer.

The Board is engaging recruitment consultants to aid the search for Martyn’s successor. Meanwhile, Martyn will continue in his role during his notice period.

The Board would like to place on record the gratitude of everyone associated with Plymouth Argyle for Martyn's contribution to the club during his time in office and wishes him well for his future ventures.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:17 pm

Some good news. Hopefully we'll get a forward thinking CEO, who doesn't favour 1 year contracts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Please, just for once in my pathetic, crime ridden, alcoholic, truck driving, down-trodden two-bit loser of a shit life - can Argo please employ a CEO with ambition, vision, communicative skills and a modicum of transparency.

I beg you.

Have a nice day y'all.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:22 pm

One down one to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Strange timing. I wonder why he is leaving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Excellent news on two fronts. One, he's leaving, take your 12 month crap with you. And two, barring health issues of course that no one wants to see, he's not a happy camper, and there's been a tiff. The question is, who is the unhappy bunny and why ?  That will be mostly answered how quickly, if at all, Starnes beds in somwhere else. On the face of it, it's Starnes who has decided to get out, but whichever, just like Sheridan, I'm sure everyone will be as polite as an angel in public re their working relationships.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:04 pm

ive just come.

great news now feck off brent. I trust the club will have better success hiring this donkeys replacement than they have had trying to replace that pr disaster guru and the ex raf guy.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm

Job for the porkie one lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:10 pm

I’ve always said he ran us like he was still running little Yeovil. A small time thinker who will not for one second be missed.

Adios Smarmy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 pm

Yea Man, I was just thinking that. Don't ever ever joke about such things.
There's something somewhere away from the actual football of the eleven on the pitch, that isn't particularly healthy at PL2.
Don't forget Trumpy just shipped in his extended family to try and make america great. We've been primed with the boardroom inclusivity/diversity thing, so who knows ? Could be an absolute disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:27 pm

Can you imagine the confidentiality contract on this one - few reams being ordered in!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Angry wrote:
ive just come.

great news now feck off brent. I trust the club will have better success hiring this donkeys replacement than they have had trying to replace that pr disaster guru and the ex raf guy.

Hey Angers, don't forget Campbell, that ex UK copper turned investment adviser for Kagami. No wonder they went belly up.
Still, these days, it's all about re-skilling Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Yea Man wrote:

The very first thought that crossed my mind.

The second was that however many people were on the board when that hybrid planning application went in three of them (is that half?) have since stood down.

That would suggest that rumours of widespread dismay. lack of consultation and out-right rebellion might be rather closer to the mark than some would have us believe.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Time to bring in the pig then, who has been tickling Brent's ear for years, and not in a Bradley sense.....Yosser Newell .... "I can do that"
He's been learning the ropes down at the ticket office.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 7:04 pm

We've forgotten another candidate? El Pres ! Is Starnsey married? Just asking like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

The very first thought that crossed my mind.

The second was that however many people were on the board when that hybrid planning application went in three of them (is that half?) have since stood down.

That would suggest that rumours of widespread dismay. lack of consultation and out-right rebellion might be rather closer to the mark than some would have us believe.
I've just had another thought.
If the 'Voice of the silent majority' and King Troll got the CEO job, all that nonsense at West Ham on Saturday will seem like child's play Handbags Rant
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

Porky is even more of a thicko than the hapless Starnes - surely?
Would have thought anyone with the qualities of having a complete lack of creative thinking and vision and be able to regurgitate Brents inane crap are in with a shout of getting CEO at Akkeron Argo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:00 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Would have thought anyone with the qualities of having a complete lack of creative thinking and vision and be able to regurgitate Brents inane crap are in with a shout of getting CEO at Akkeron Argo.
Reward for Tony Hopwood for getting the planning permission?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Good news obviously but tempered by the fact brent will appoint someone at least as useless.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 pm

That's a given Freathy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Yea Man wrote:

He cant even run a message forum let alone run this club officially lol.

beesrus wrote:
Angry wrote:
ive just come.

Hey Angers, don't forget Campbell, that ex UK copper turned investment adviser for Kagami. No wonder they went belly up.
Still, these days, it's all about re-skilling Very Happy

Another guy who was the apple of nool's eye and then became public enemy number one when he served his purpose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:40 pm

akagreengull wrote:

It would be great because he would be utterly shit at it and would humiliate himself lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Excellent news, hopefully the begining of the end for the Brentmare.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:43 pm

I see Starnes is still part of South West Ticketing Ltd- the company that runs the Pavillions ticketing (through a subsidiary. I think they used to do the ticketing at Argyle too? Will he be breaking all his ties with Brent?
SW Ticketing
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 8:54 pm

beesrus wrote:
We've been primed with the boardroom inclusivity/diversity thing, so who knows ? Could be an absolute disaster.

A good point that did cross my mind earlier. I'll be very surprised if the replacement is male, pale and stale. Interesting times ahead queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martyn Starnes going    Martyn Starnes going Empty

Back to top Go down

Martyn Starnes going
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next